“Great location for diving”

Darna Village Beach Hotel & Dive Center
Ranked #3 of 22 Specialty Lodging in Aqaba
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed one night here but the staff was welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was included and it was ok except for the boiled egg that had a totally grey color inside. So be careful what you eat here. And remember that taxi's to town should not cost more than 5-6 JD. The drivers will try to get more from you if you let them.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The previous two times in Aqaba, I had stayed at Bedouin Garden Village, and on my friend's suggestion we stayed at Darna Village this time. Despite overall facilities being better than BGV, I found the place soulless and lacking any character. If you want clean rooms, with functioning air conditioners and a large pool and great view, then this is your place--but DV is not as customer service friendly as its neighouring BGV, and for this reason alone, I would run the risk of not having my AC working at BGV, and would stay there next time. BGV also has the better restaurant. AT BGV, they let us BYOB, at DV this was only allowed on the roof or in the rooms.

Finally, we asked for a towel for the pool, we were told: 'Use the ones in your room.' I said: Í'd prefer a new one.' This went back and forth about four times before he saw that I was either obstinate, or maybe he thought hmmm, the 'the customer might be right.' Not a bad place, and it was certainly clean, but I'd rather stay somewhere with a little more character that might be a little rough around the edges.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 17, 2013

~Dec 2012

Recommended by my friends in Wadi Rum. I think because I enjoyed my stay in the desert they thought I needed more down time. Again tourist times are very slow but other than 3 others the place is empty.

At 20JD, a private room with full ensuite, pool, and beach across the street(25 meters) no one should complain. For me it was a little far from town, about 10 km, but I think there is bus service and taxis. I got there just before noon and not knowing where I would be, I was unprepared. There are no shops, stores of any kind, just two other hotels. No beer, no beer, three days in a desert and I'm out and I can't have a beer, Mikey no happy!

The room was clean and nice, had fresh towels, soaps, etc. The staff was courteous but not too interested in the lone male but rather the three female guests that occupied the pool area. I paid for the night which included breakfast but really was not feeling the solitude so I called a taxi and caught the ferry(just a few km up the road) to Nuweiba Egypt that night. The owner was concerned about my early departure and asked if there was anything he could do, but I told him I jut needed the place for a nap, shower, and recharge.

The public beach is directly in front so you have nice views and some twenty different dive sites within walking distance. There is a little stand at the beach offering tea, cigarettes etc.

I would rather be closer to town but for those that do not want all the noise this is just far and close enough. Great for families and couples and those that just want to read by the pool.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This wasn't our 1st choice, but after staying here, I'm glad we did. The owners gave us a good rate & also a room with a view to the beach. The room was massive for 2 people, which was nice as we were staying 3 nights it meant we could make ourselves comfortable and unpack. The room, bathroom and bedsheets were clean. The bathroom was large with a large shower cubicle. There was a small varanda outside our room with table & chairs, perfect to absorb the sunshine & take in the view! They do not clean the rooms if you are staying more than 1 night, so I asked them to clean our room, which they did. They request that you are in the room during cleaning for security which is good. There is free wifi & rooms have A/C. The hotel is the 1st hotel right on the road, so very convenient to access the beach. The pool is large enough to swim, but wasn't the cleanest pool I've seen. They have table and chairs around the pool, but they could improve their chill out area, as we preferred to go to another hotel to relax. The breakfast was poor, but after making a complaint, one of the owners, gave us a lavish final breakfast. The hotel is run by a dad & his sons. The dad was rude, but his sons were friendly. You can get a local bus to Aqaba town from the main road right outside, or a taxi for JD5 one way, or hitch hike for free. I would stay here again if I was to return.

Room Tip: Definitely go for one of the rooms with a view to the beach!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank PriyaRA
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Perfect for relaxing after travelling through Jordan. Beach is scruffy, but snorkelling excellent. Hotel has really nice pool which you can relax around with no hassle. Rooms very nice, air con was decent. Very good value for money and well worth a stay. Taxis cost 5JD from the flagpole in Aqaba, a lot of competition so we never paid more than 4JD, even paid 3 once!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Elliot H
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed there only because I couldn't find any affordable place in the city but it turned to be alright since I wanted only to relax anyway. It is ca. 15 min drive from Aqaba so if you like to be in the city don't stay there. The pool is pleasant, the food is good. The staff was also nice and trying to be helpful. The dorms are a bit small but ok for a short stay. The bathroom had a strange smell and the fridge was not working.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Globetrotterin301
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I had a reservation at the Bedouin Garden Village next door and were walking up the street trying to find it. The 'manager' at Darna must have overheard us talking about where we were staying and called out saying 'this is the Garden Village', so we innocently assumed he was telling the truth. We went through the whole check-in process where we gave our name and the dates we had booked in for etc., they appeared to be looking for our booking on their computer but upon reflection it must have all been an act. Luckily, once we were in our room we noticed that the name on the room key was Darna and not Garden Village so we got to stay at our intended and much nicer accommodation.

This would have been fine if this was a simple mistake but they were actively deceiving us - one to avoid.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple