Arab Divers
Coral Bay(Aqaba)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
All reviewsprofessional divingdive sitesgreat diving experiencesouth beachnice diveshore divingaqaba city centreour night staythe rooms were nicemin walkdiving clubthe air conditioningdead seataxiaccommodationcorinajordan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The price is good, but the location is best if you have your own car. It's quite a ways from the center of Aqaba. I managed, but waiting for a taxi to get to town took a fairly long time. Getting back to the hotel from town is just fine. Service is ok here, but very relaxed. The best part was the snorkeling. As I was the only one just snorkeling (rather than diving), the diving instructor was kind enough to take me along with the divers to snorkel on my own. He set me up with someone to help me get going at the site just so I would know the best places to investigate...then I was happy to be on my own. The hotel even loaned me a wetsuit (even a 70-year-old, which I am, can look ok in a wetsuit!). The flippers and mask were included with a room special. So I had a glorious snorkeling adventure with great service. Restaurant at the hotel is limited, but good drinks. The pool is superb.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that has good light from windows. My room was tucked away and while it was quiet, it was pretty dark.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I loved this place! It was very friendly and clean. It has a very quite atmosphere but is still very well organized and professionally run. The rooms were nice and simply appointed as you'd expect in this kind of place. It is a short walk to the main beach we completed the advance course with morad it was amusing experience will come back to finish my rescue with you again ,, I really recommended this please for divers .

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This is an amazing place...the welcome from Angela was beyond amazing we felt like we were family! The food is yummy and very reasonably priced and breakfast was beyond cosy! We spent a day at the beach snorkelling with the very funny and welcoming murad who we can't thank enough for giving us such an amazing day and sharing pizza his mum made with us!! The pool is fun to chill out at but the beach is way more amazing! The only kind of negative is its a bit out of the way if the city although taxis are frequent and reliable and it only costs 5 JOD to get a taxi to the centre where you can find bars restaurants etc...overall an amazing time it felt like we were staying with family...if you are looking for a fine dining luxury hotel this is not the place but if you're looking for fun and the most amazing hospitality (Angela literally does everything she can for you) then is is the place :)))))

Room Tip: We stayed in the barracuda room it was cute and cosy :))
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stayed 3 nights and had a great time. Staff were excellent, very friendly and accommodating, got on well with Angie! It is about a 10 minute walk to the beach but the dive team were always happy to drop us down, they even took us out with them to another beach when they had other trainee divers at the village (we were only snorkeling). The snorkeling along the beach was great, loads of fish and coral, but it's a bit of a swim to get to it. 5JD taxi ride into town but I wouldn't have any reason to go there unless you needed an ATM or wanted to go to a different restaurant. Had a nice pool area to relax in which was great at the end of the day and the restaurant served amazing food. Couldn't fault the place.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adam E
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stayed just the one night, and managed several snorkelling dives, simply by wandering out into the sea across from the road that goes up to the village. Snorkelling was awesome, but coral becoming progressively more damaged as I can tell. Tip: From the beach across the road, follow the rope out - fantastic area with loads of fish.
We didn't SCUBAdive, but the centre was obviously well-run, and with more time, I suspect we'd have had no issue with learning there.

At the Hotel, everyone was great, the accommodation clean and entirely functional. Angie is great, down to earth and will sort out your issues - if you have any.

We went to the licensed restaurant down the road (licensed = a few beers). Food was great - esp the arabic salads, but grilled fish size small. We'd go back, and probably dive, or learn if we hadn't already.

Room Tip: The 'Stingray room' has great WiFi reception
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple