Bedouin Garden Village
$110
$66
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Al Qidra Hotel(Aqaba)(Great Value!)
$35
$31
Priceline
All reviewspublic beachbuy drinks and foodplace to meet fellow travellerssouth beachdiving centeramazing countrysea urchinsnice cityswimming poolcalm placenice poolsitting areastayed nights heresnorkeling gearbreakfast includedtaxi ridedive master
Reviewed September 23, 2012

As an indication, I booked to stay 4 days - and extended my trip to 8. The resort was perfect - the other guests were friendly but I could also withdraw for a little ME time, while the staff were always on hand and friendly without being bothersome or intrusive. I picked the resort based on its diving club and its proximity to the beach (its the closest resort to the beach, about 300m) as well as accessibility to Aqaba
The resort was hospitable with great facilities: my room and the communal facilities, the pool and dining areas, were clean and comfortable, and the staff were friendly and attentive. Breakfast was always good, and a relaxing start to the day. I ate at the restaurant for almost every lunch and dinner (it was Ramadan while I stayed there), and was pleased with the food, especially the fish and seafood (I'm pescetarian, so can't comment on the meat.) WiFi was easily available through the communal facilities, except Sunset Point (a great way to the end the day!) and there was parking for cars. On recommendations by other customers, I went snorkelling with the owner - he has great eyes for spotting things underwater and is a superb skin diver - who took me through the Japanese Gardens - a beautiful reef which proves why the Red Sea is famous for its diving. I also booked a tour to Petra and Wadi Rum (the last I had to cancel unfortunately due to lack of funds) through the resort. Petra was AMAZING, and the resort was perfectly placed to access it easily on a budget.
The diving club was brilliant: Graham is a knowledgeable dive master and buddy whom all the divers loved, and the diving is superb - although somewhat limited by the Gulf of Aqaba. I had the luxury of going for small group and solo dives with my buddy in beautiful reefs (the northernmost reefs in the world!); a 74m wreck and a Russian tank! ;) ;) During my stay there I met a numerous individuals and groups who did their PADI certification, as well as many who were experienced divers - as am I.
I couldn't recommend Bedouin Garden Village more highly for a relaxing break (and a great diving trip if you dive) - and make it a few days at least so you can enjoy the sights of the area: the reefs, Petra, Wadi Rum and Aqaba!
If you are crossing over from Israel (Eilat) to Jordan, the border crossing here is simple and efficient, although costly both ways - I met backpackers who crossed in the middle of the country near Palestine, and they had a 20 hour crossing!

Room Tip: Ask for a new build room where the resort has been extended as they appear to be cooler in the height of summer.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank salsticks
abumusa2000, Owner at Bedouin Garden Village, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed here recently for 2 nights at the end of a few months travelling around the middle east, my friends and I stayed on the roof which was an absolute bargain and very pleasant. The location ofthehotel is great if you wish to be onthebeach everyday but it's not that close to the town of aqaba where you may want to go for dinner, we had a car so this was not a problem. Staff very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sophie B

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Very peaceful and relaxing and not far out of town. Very helpful and friendly staff. Good food - simple but adequate. Nice pool, plenty of sunbeds.The owner is very friendly and helpful, you will get any help you need. You can enjoy really good breakfast, tea or coffe in the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank vivi w

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Very nice hostel. Location is perfect.rooms were very good and clean .but the A.C is not so strong it was hot there. some of the staff is not really helpful or they don't understand English. Very good food (fish) . very nice swimming pool is not so big but is fair for us . I was very impressed with the dive in aqaba .we have a lot of fun with raba and veronica .good gear,professional and organized.we like to dive the cedar pride so much . Jordan is an amazing country we enjoyed our time there .

Room Tip: just ask to see the room before you get in you might have one with a sea view .
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank martina c

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Wonderful experience and extremely nice people!

This diving school is by far the best in aqaba

The hotel was great and service was excellent and staff really friendly.
The beach is a 1 minute walk down .

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends