Ali Baba Restaurant
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 9, 2012

food was good and service was quick. we didnt go inside the restaurant and had our dinner outside. Recommended for a quick meal without spending too much.

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Munich, Germany
“Good tourist restaurant”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Slightly upmarket, good choice of Arab specialities and they serve alcolhol. Efficient, if not super-friendly, service. Try their lemon juice with mint (leymoun bi n'ana) - a dream!

Frederiksberg, Denmark
“Good food”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The food is great - you can get nice Jordanian food. The staff are friendly and the service is good. It isn't cheap to eat here, but the prices aren't really expensive compared to Danish prices. I have eaten here several times. So if you want good Jordanian food I recommend this place.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 19, 2012

It's a touristic resturant , good the food was ok we had (saiadeh) which is fish with rice its the meal you should have if you visting Aqaba clean easy to find , but its expensive you can eat somewhere else with half the price

• Visited October 2012
london
“Too touristic and expensive for Jordan”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had there the most expensive dinner we had in Jordan, but not the best one.
I think that it is too touristic. They try to please everybody taste, but, this is impossible.
as starter I had fish soup and it was very good. As main I had the mixed deep fried fish and it was covered by a too thick crust of batter. My partner had some arab salad and it was ok, then a pot of stewed fish which flavour was too celery. I found a salad with palm hearts and I decided to have it. It was covered with parmesan!!! I couldn't taste any palm hearts.Orrible combination!!! When I told them that in the menu they don't mention parmesan, they ignored me. Mount Nebo wine was charged 6 euro more than in all the other restaurants.
the bill was 80 euros. the day after we ate in a restaurant a few doors after Ali Baba: we were the only tourists, all the rest were locals. we paid 22 euro.

• Visited October 2012