“The Best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Grand Swiss-Belresort Tala Bay Aqaba
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Aqaba
“The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

i have visited Aqaba many times and this hotel has to be by far the best one I have stayed in! The people who work at this hotel were so friendly and welcoming,The rooms are very clean and with sea view , the Aziab restaurant provide very tasty breakfast & dinner, bay watch prviod during the lunch very tasty food , you can enjoy in five swimming pool , free internet , free bus to the city & free bus to airport .

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Alaa A, Manager at Grand Swiss-Belresort Tala Bay Aqaba, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

First I would like to thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing the feedback about your previous stay.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Resort and you were satisfied with our products and services.

We hope to host you once more at the Radisson Blu Tala Bay Resort Aqaba in the near future.

Best Regards,

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

My Honeymoon at Radisson Blu was amazing, I checked in in the afternoon and when I got there the Receptionist gave us a welcome drink and as soon as they knew that we were honeymooners she gave us a great room, then we received a fruit basket later on.
the room was amazing and quite, pools were fantastic, and food was delicious too.
I would like to thank the hotel staff for making my honeymoon a memorable and great for me and my wife!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Alaa A, Manager at Grand Swiss-Belresort Tala Bay Aqaba, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments on tripadvisor.

We really appreciate receiving your feedback about our services and we are really happy to read your review.

A memorable experience and great service is always important to us, this is the reason why we invest heavily on training to ensure that every guest feels special.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and looking forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Tala Bay Resort Aqaba.

Best regards,

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Good hotel in some need of a refurbishment. The rooms look a bit tired and scuffed around the edges. Staff, mostly from Southeast Asia, are service-minded and pleasant and speak good English.

Some minor frustrations:

1) The range of dishes at breakfast and dinner buffet are somewhat limited. However, everything was very fresh and refilled throughout meal time.
2) The front desk refuses to call a taxi and instead refer guests to the rental car company. They are approximately 3 times more expensive than the taxis.
3) One evening we asked for a packed breakfast box since we were going to Petra early the next morning. In the bus we discovered the packed breakfast box consisted of 2 apples, a bottle of water and a slice of stale bread. We also learned of other couples who had received several phone calls to talk them out of a packed breakfast. Silly and greedy.
4) There isnt much snorkelling to be had just outside the hotel. The sea bed is almost dead and void of corals. Although the water is very clear, you will see more empty plastic bottles than fish.
5) The choice of TV channels in English is rather limited to different news channels.
6) The room was clean and tidy. However, no one had cleaned under the bed for months. Quite a lot of dust and dirt there.

However, the hotel and the staff is really trying and apart from these issues we had a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Not much difference between room categories.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alaa A, Manager at Grand Swiss-Belresort Tala Bay Aqaba, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the entire team at the Radisson Blu Tala Bay Resort Aqaba, we would like to extend our sincerest apology for any inconvenience,

Our entire team will be working on your comments and we look forward for your next visit.

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

it was an awesome great experience . i enjoyed my stay .
the hotel staff were so nice especially zaina from the resection, zaina from the guest relation, and mr. majdi the front office manager, i would like to thank them for there help and for the nice room they gave me .
the food was also amazing.
i would love to come back again.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

We much appreciate that you have taken the time to write a review about your recent experience at our resort and we are very happy to receive such a positive feedback.

Our team and I are very pleased that you have enjoyed it. We hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to our Resort at any time in the future.

Europe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

+ Nice room with balcony overlooking sea. Good breakfast. Fine facilities. Several pools and good beach.

- Prices of restaurants. Food and beverages are expensive. As there are no (cheaper) other places nearby you have to eat there or take shuttle into town (15-20 min ride). Shuttle goes 4 times a day, each direction. Haven't seen taxi's waiting outside hotel to go to city/airport. Don't know about public transport that way. So positive side of location (not near city) has also a downside. Would have liked a real gym instead of some simple equipment on the beach. Don't expect much of the snorkeling in swimming areas in front of hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Alaa A, Manager at Grand Swiss-Belresort Tala Bay Aqaba, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write review about your experience with us.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our entire management team will be looking at your comments to enhance our products and services.

We hope to host you once more in the near future.

Best regards,

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

My only complaint with this hotel was that we didn't get to stay longer. I loved checking in that afternoon and seeing the Red Sea from nearly every venue around the property. We were a medium-sized group (25) but they gave us prompt and friendly attention in the lobby, and served waiting beverages. We were escorted to individual rooms, not quickly but quite reasonably as it was high check-in hour. It did seem peculiar to me that the young woman helping a handful of us to one edge of the property didn't know her way around; I had to locate many of the rooms for fellow travelers - but then, as a longtime business traveler, I'm a veteran at figuring out mysterious hotel organizational patterns.

The view from my balcony was incredible, and it was apparent it would be the perfect place to watch a sunset. Both the beach and and a serviceable pool were just a short stroll from my building (and in view), so I had to go take a dip in the Red Sea, since I was staying just one night. Although we stayed at a number of waterfront hotels during our 2 weeks in the area (one on the Mediterranean), this was by far the nicest sand beach, and families were enjoying the expanse.

A festive beach bar was nearby and I wandered over for a sunset stay and cocktail, but I could never get served, despite some fairly assertive attempts. Bartenders would smile but then walk away from me. I had this type of experience several times in Jordan. I had friends in the group, but I relish my own time, as well. As a woman very comfortable alone, it was frustrating.

I finally went to the adjacent restaurant on the property, up on the grass as opposed to the beach. A few tripadvisor reviewers had panned this restaurant, but we were scheduled to eat there that night. It was early for dinner so they were empty and, although they were open, it was hard to get a server to engage. I was finally successful when I sat at an outdoor table and was told they were all reserved and I would have to move. I asked how soon the reservation was, and it was more than 2 hours away, so I stayed.

Now, not to be an ugly American, but it is hard to get a decent drink in the Middle East, at least as a woman. I finally had a reasonably friendly server who not only served me a happy hour beverage, he later said it was on him. I have no idea what was behind all that, but it was the only good drink I had in two weeks. And I sat and watched the beautiful sunset, much more importantly, and was eventually found and joined by friends. It was a lovely moment.

We were moved to the main restaurant, so I can't comment on the food at the seaside venue. My room was attractive and comfortable. Some in our party felt the hotel was too spread out without adequate transportation for those who had walking challenges. I think that is definitely worth noting, if a concern. I loved walking the ample and beautiful grounds, the food was good, checkout was fast and flawless, and overall, I really enjoyed this place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Alaa A, Manager at Grand Swiss-Belresort Tala Bay Aqaba, responded to this review, November 22, 2013

Linköping, Östergötlands Län, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

We spent one week in Aqaba in November 2013. A Really nice hotel with great standard, from nice pool area x 5 to the adjacent beach just 10 m from the pool. Room services with housekeeping were superb which gave an extra luxury feeling. Top breakfast buffet with newly made fruit juices, baked bread, desserts and etc.
Staff was really friendly, always with a smile and keen to help whatsoever!
Great diving center at the resort, which made snorkeling and diving excursions very accessible. Red Sea is amazing!
About 15 min from downtown Aqaba via free shuttles or taxi.
We would gladly recommend it! // Lisa and Johan

Room Tip: We had a junior suite. Great location with a nice balcony, sofa and living area. Separate bedroom wi...