“Nice place, friendly atmosphere.”

Marina Plaza Hotel Tala Bay
Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Aqaba
Tromso, Norway
“Nice place, friendly atmosphere.”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The hotel is located in Tala Bay, about 15 minutes from Aqaba by car. It is easy to go to and from the city, either by taxi, or by the hotels shuttlebus. Tala Bay is a clean resort and villa area, with a few small shops and cafe's. The beach was clean and seemed nice. We were a bit unfortunate weatherwise, so we did not spend much time there though.
The hotel in itself is clean and nice. It has a small reception area, 3 pools of various sizes, a bar/cafe, and a restaurant, where the breakfast is served. The standard is not overly luxurious, but welcoming. The rooms are nice, has all the facilities you need, and is clean. We had no problems at all, but other guest I spoke to was impressed with the speed smaller issues were resolved by the staff.

The staff is very friendly, polite and helpful. Everyone greats you with a smile, and tries to help you as best they can. The spa was great. Had a couple of treatments, and both the facility and the staff was great. I really recommend the steamroom.

The food was good. Buffet is never great in my opinion, but the selection was all right, and well presented. I would have liked it if there were some options to the white bread and sugary cereal for breakfast, but I can manage with fresh cooked omelets and vegetables. I liked that there was local options too. The dinner buffet is a bit pricy compared to the places where we ate in town.
All in all, I have no complaints. It was a lovely hotel, good value for money, and I would go back.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor with a view of the pool. It was nice.
4 Thank StineMilla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stopped by here for two nights after travelling in Wadi Rum - an oasis after all the sand and dust.

My room was lovely, overlooking the pool. Room was comfortable and facilities adequate but not over whelming.

Staff are lovely and friendly and always have a smile. I recommend taking some time out in the spa, we were lucky enough to pick up a "two for one" offer, the ladies do an excellent massage.

Breakfast was outstanding - they will make you an omelette there are loads of choices from fruites, pastries, cereals, hot and cold food.

We had music at night in the restaurant which was fun - a little dancing also. Even dancing with staff!

1 Thank PetaMay
Horten, Norway
Reviewed December 25, 2013

The staff wished us "welcome home" when we checked in, and I say its better than home. The rooms were great. My friend and me had one overlooking the pool area, with a small balcony - just what we needed.

I am a kind of a food freak so the first breakfast could make or break thsi holliday. It was great! The presentation of the food, the service in the restaurant and all the great tastes. The only thing i could ask for was even more typical Jordanian food. The mansaf was great, but I wanted to taste Jordan.

I honestly only have great things to say about the stay. The staff was very friendly, and fast to solve problems. We had two problems with the electricity and both was fixed in a few minutes.

I can stongly recomend thei hotel. Its honestly one of the most freindly hotels i have been in and then the staff stood on the stairs to wave us good bye and wish us a pleasent trip home. I will most certailnly go back there.

1 Thank SingerNinga
Pieksamaki, Finland
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Very nice hotel, near the beach where is a great beach club for hotel quests. Food was quite expensive at the hotel and all around tala bay resort, though there is a free transport to aqaba city center everyday wich we used every night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The staff were wonderful! They were so friendly and helpful with everything, can't say anything bad about them. We had the breakfast buffet which was really good, lots of variety and the option of cooked as you like it eggs. If you want to have dinner at the hotel, it can be quite pricey - other guests told us they spent about 35 dinar for two people (they didn't have alcohol), which is really expensive for Jordan. There are fridges in the room, so when we went into Aqaba we just bought additional food and brought it back to our hotel for other meals (way cheaper). The marina has several restaurants, however they are considerably more than going into Aqaba, however cheaper than the hotel. My friend and I went to Platters there and shared a pizza for £12 dinar - that was the most expensive pizza they had so cheaper options are available. We took 3 trips with Apollo (Swedish Tour Company) which 2 were early in the morning so the hotel organised breakfast boxes for us to take on the trip. The pool area is really nice and clean (too bad the weather wasn't that great so we could enjoy it more). They have dead sea shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and body wash, which was absolutely amazing so we asked for 2 of each daily - they had no problems with that. They had a shuttle taking us into Aqaba which was on time each time we used it. The shuttle bus only goes into Aqaba once at 10 am and not again until 3 pm - which was really stupid! On the last day we couldn't go into town and do some last minute shopping because of this. Its 7 - 10 dinar for a taxi to or from Aqaba - negotiate with the taxi driver before getting in. HAVE PERSONAL TRAVEL INSURANCE if you are going to use taxis as they aren't insured to cover your injuries should they get into an accident - we were told this by a local. I would recommend taking a taxi out to the dead sea and going to one of the hotels in the area rather than the private beach most people go to. We took the group tour which took forever as we were waiting for people and stopped at various places along the way. Try to get a room on the right side - between 4000 - 6000 as the internet should work in your room. We were above the restaurant and couldn't get internet in our room, we had to sit on the balcony, however when my friend used it, I couldn't. We ended up switching rooms because our neighbours were smoking which was coming into our room (neither of us smoke) and they were playing really loud music. The room we were switched to had internet in the room. If you are a non-smoker request a non-smoking room or to be placed next to people who don't smoke either. There isn't bathtubs in the rooms, which I thought was standard for 4 star hotels and depending on the room depends on how well the shower works - if you have any troubles though just call the front desk. Upon arrival, they will take your bags and scan them through their medal detector - this isn't optional. They will then bring the bags to your room which only took about 30 minutes for us. If you go to Petra & Aqaba, be prepared to witness animal abuse and starving cats/dogs - I would never go back to Jordan because of this. When going into Aqaba, be prepared to be whistled/honked at by the men, however if a man is with a female they usually leave you alone. Most staff there speak english so communication shouldn't be a problem. My friend and I had a massage which was amazing - they even gave us the 'couples' rate as it was cheaper so don't be scared to ask if you are with friends. It was well worth it and the staff were really professional. We used the sauna and steam room a couple of times as well - however the shower in the change room was cold water so I recommend wearing a light dress and waking back to your room to shower. Both the sauna and steam room are quite small - only 4 people will fit in either, however people don't stay in them for long.

Room Tip: request a room from 4000 - 6000's if you want internet to work in your room
2 Thank TravelCat1012
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We got stranded in Aqaba for a night and got a room in Marina Plaza.
The hotel is lovely, and the buffet awesome.
It was a bit of a struggle to get attention from the staff to get our drinks, but other than that, our experience was great.
Careful with the drinks, the price may be very deer indeed!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank waterzooi
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Quietness, relaxation and friendly atmosphere are to be found in this hotel.

Always improving, innovating and maintaining the high quality of its facilities.

you can notice the warm welcome, assistance and great service from the staff

As I'm staying in this hotel for almost 10 days every month in the year 2013, i recommend Marina Plaza for its great value of money and the high end services that you receive.

Room Tip: southern rooms are recommended
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business