“A good place for an overnight” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn University

Comfort Inn University
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Highland Mills, NY
“A good place for an overnight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night. The inn has been updated with more modern furnishings -- nice & comfortable. There were some teenage teams staying there, so it was a little louder than I prefer. Breakfast was fine, with do it yourself waffles, omelets and sausage, as well as lots of carbs! The ladies did a great job of keeping the breakfast bar stocked.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Susan C, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. I'm happy that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and our hot breakfast buffet during your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to the Amherst/Buffalo area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel on a Saturday. The hotel was booked solid, like most are in the area on the weekends. The rooms were average and the bed was firm and not very comfortable. There were about 50-75 people outside in the small smoking area and in the parking lots the entire time since this is a non-smoking hotel. To me that says there should be an option of smoking rooms. Children screamed, ran down the halls, and slammed doors until midnight. The pool was tiny and after visiting it over 7 times during the day and night, we just gave up on trying to fit. Breakfast may have been good, but the dining hall was packed full each of the 3 times we tried to get breakfast. We ended up checking out and going out to breakfast. Between the noise level, amount of guests they try to cram into this smaller hotel, and lack of amenities, I won't be staying here again - instead opting for one of the better hotels in the area.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Thank you for reviewing your stay. I'm sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay with us. We are a very busy hotel and we accommodate many guests each evening and we always want all of our guests to leave having a wonderful experience, I was sorry to hear that this was not the case for you and your family. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you our usual hospitality.
Long Island,NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Once again this was a very nice hotel to stay in if you are going to The University at Buffalo. The location is perfect. The price needs to be a little cheaper, but the rooms are nice and the staff are nice and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thanks for your review. We look forward to your future stays with us while visiting the University at Buffalo!
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Fantastic stay at the newly remodeled C.I.U. Not only are the rooms new, the breakfast was wonderful! To top it off, the staff was very courteous and hard working. One standout in the whole operation was Melissa S.!!! She cares about the guests and it shows! She knows the town inside and out and had Great restaurant recommendations! She went above and beyond to make our family feel comfortable and welcome! The next time I go to Niagara Falls I would definitely go out of my way to stay at C.I.U. because of Melissa and the staff!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thanks for such a great review of your stay! Melissa and all of the staff here at the Comfort Inn University truly care about our guests and making their stay a memorable one and I'm so glad to hear that because of this, you will be back to stay with us again. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Montague, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

The quality of service offered to me during my stay last June was outstanding. Everyone from the front desk clerks to the housekeeping staff was friendly and accommodating. The stress of traveling with my dog, and having a family member in the hospital was made manageable by the kindness and helpfulness of Noel and Roslyn. They anticipated things that I didn’t even know I would need. The room was clean and comfortable, and equipped with a much needed coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator. Thank you for making my stay pleasant, comforting and secure. I am looking forward to returning at the end of May.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thanks for taking a moment to review your stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that you were not here for better reasons, however, I'm happy to hear that my staff was able to make it a little less stressful for you. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us in the future.
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed two nights at the inn. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They were very good at recommending restaurants and giving directions. The room was well decorated and clean. The maid repaired the air directional device on the heating unit without being asked.

We will stay at the inn again when in Buffalo.

Room Tip: Book on line and book early. The rooms are taken quickly.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Susan C, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thanks for the review! I'm glad to know that everything during your stay from our friendly and helpful staff to our well-appointed, recently renovated rooms were up to and exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you as a guest again in the future and appreciate your business!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I found the room clean enough and the bed comfortable. I appreciated having a fridge and mini coffee pot. The toilet was making weird noises but seemed to function fine. I recommend staying off the first floor since they had some kind of a flood and had a horrible musty smell. The hotel staff were doing the best they could with fans to air it out. A few days and its probably fine.
Their breakfast was good but that morning there was an Asian Bus Tour group that wiped the place out. There was no seating left, there was lots of pushing and shoving. I decided to just have coffee in my room. I felt bad for the staff because these people were rude. I watched as an older man emptied yogurts from the fridge into his wife's backpack until the entire shelf was bare. I do plan to stay again while in the area for business but the rates jump up $57 during University of Buffalo's move in & out days. Also, when you read the reviews, keep in mind that choice hotels gives 10,000 extra points for a positive review.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I apologize that our breakfast area was so busy the morning you were here. We are in a great location so we are usually quite busy with all types of visitors to the area. I'm glad that you enjoyed your room and that everything including cleanliness met your expectations. We did have a small issue with a leak the day you stayed and has since been taken care of. I believe the promotion you are speaking of is Choice Hotels will reward Choice Privilege members enough points (8,000) to redeem for a free night stay upon staying 2 separate times during the time period of February 27 - May 14th. I do hope that you were able to take advantage of this great promotion!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Sleep Inn
Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade
Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade
#15 of 135 in Niagara Falls
4.0 of 5 stars 695 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn University? Share your experiences!