“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Amherst
Niagara Falls, New York
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was just as advertized. Check in was very friendly and fast.
Room was just renovated and was clean. Breakfast was as advertized. Bathroom was clean but shower head did not adjust. Bed linen was clean.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Paul C
Susan C, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I'm glad that everything was up to your expectations and that you enjoyed your visit with us. I will pass along to our maintenance crew the problem that you had with the shower head, so that another guest does not experience this issue. Thanks again and we hope to see you the next time your in our area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Sayre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Had to stay in Buffalo due to a friend's heart surgery at the VA Hospital. A late evening reservation was handled with no problems. The room was clean with everything in place and working well. Breakfast was super as was all of the staff we encountered during our stay. Excellent place to spend a night !

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank pf723
Susan C, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm glad to know that everything went well for you during your visit with us and you enjoyed our hotel and all it has to offer. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to the Amherst/Buffalo area!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1-night. Good, simple room. Pool nice treat too. Did find breakfast options to be very limited. Saw yoghurt being delivered but none was put out for today's guests. Did seem to be unusual people sleeping in lobby chairs...homeless? Oh well, didn't bother us. Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank W0rld_Travel_Advisor
generalmanagerciu, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I'm happy that you were overall pleased with your accommodations and enjoyed our indoor heated pool. I do apologize if you were not able to fully enjoy our hot breakfast buffet due to us being out of an item, this is something that we strive to never let happen...we know that our breakfast is such an important part of our guests stay. I'm glad to know that you will stay with us again and we look forward to seeing you!
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Just stayed 5 nights at this hotel as it is just opposite UB. Easy access from airport. I agree with most of the reviews, it is a simple and no frills hotel. Anyway you will only need good and clean beds for the evening as most of the time we are out at UB.

Breakfast is ok but cannot expect much as it is complementary. It is ok for 5 days. The front desk guy is really helpful and much appreciated. The room does not enough power point and he gladly loan and extension cord with multiple points.

Overall, I will recommend this hotel for short stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
generalmanagerciu, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thanks for your review! We are very convenient to the Buffalo Niagara Airport...only 8 minutes and just adjacent to the UB north campus, I'm glad that our location fit your needs so well. We are getting ready to begin a major renovation which will include more outlets, we realize this is crucial these days with all the electronics that we all need to plug in! We hope that you will choose us again the next time you are in our area to visit the University at Buffalo or any other reason you are in the Amherst/Buffalo area!
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

My sister and I stayed here for a quick shopping getaway across the border. We were looking for something cheap, but clean and with decent reviews. I used priceline's express deals to get a good price on a room, and although she was weary, the reviews on tripadvisor gave me some reassurance.

We arrived in the evening, so check in was quick and efficient. The room was fairly clean, and mattresses had complete protectors on them (discovered this after my routine bed bug check). Glad to say it passed the bug check ;)! The room is nothing fancy, but I wasn't expecting that from a place like this. If you're looking for something a little nicer the Marriott is across the street.

Bathroom was clean and amenities were very basic (shampoo, soap and lotion--not even conditioner so you may want to bring your own if necessary). Room is fairly spacious, and has a table for two.

Beds were actually pretty comfortable surprisingly, and I liked the choice of either soft or firm pillows that were offered. We didn't have any problems with noise, but I'm assuming the place wasn't too busy since Buffalo was going through extreme cold weather, plus about a foot of snow (and somehow people think we must have it worse up here in Toronto...uh, wrong)! Only us crazy Canadians hunting for deals would brave these elements to shop in this kind of weather. I don't think the man from Tennessee who was parked next to us was expecting these temps! You can always tell a "foreigner" to the area ;)

The pool is quite small, but at least heated. It did the job, and was well maintained. There's also a fitness room next to it that appeared like it had pretty new equipment, and although we didn't try it, it looked decent.

Continental breakfast is complimentary, and although personally I wanted to go to Original House of pancakes, my sister wanted to cheap out and just eat at the hotel. I should say right now that I'm not a fan of "free" hotel breakfasts. I've only had a handful of decent ones out of all my hotel stays, and so from my perspective this one was pretty bad. They had one chafing dish with sausage, bacon and fried eggs. Not my thing. Then there were some packaged donuts, and danish. Umm...nothing more to be said here. There was also a mini fridge with 2 flavors of yogurt, and some hard boiled eggs. Apples and oranges were the only fruit offered (bananas would've been appreciated). Moving down the line there were bagels and sliced bread. Okay, so they're not a Gryfe's bagel, but they're even below Tim Horton's quality. Your standard grocery store kind, I suppose. My sister picked one of the plain, and ended up only eating half. Then there are a couple of make your own waffle stands, which I ultimately settled on. Regular table syrup, and a sugar free variety was offered. Luckily, one good thing I can say is that they had packets of honey (used this on my waffle)! Made me feel a little better after consuming food like this. Happy to report that the oranges were sweet. Of course cold and hot cereals as well, plus orange juice, water, teas and coffees available. If you're the type of person that eats at McDonalds on the regular and finds nothing wrong with that (aka my sister) then you may enjoy it. BUT for the price I paid, I'm not complaining. Just stating the facts.

Overall, it did the job. I didn't want to pay much just for a shopping trip, so no real complaints, especially for the price I paid. Room was pretty clean, location decent (near Boulevard mall, and other box stores on Niagara Falls blvd., PLUS trader joe's is nearby!!). It's also about mid way between the Fashion outlets and Walden Galleria. Beds were comfortable, which is sometimes not even the case with high end hotels, so a big thumbs up here. Breakfast is nothing to write home about, but food is so cheap in the US anyway that if you're a food snob like me there are a lot of choices within a short radius. If the price was right, I would probably stay here again and even recommend it for a short stay. TIP: Check Priceline first ;)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TOtravlr
Thanks for taking a moment to review your recent stay. I'm glad to hear that we met your expectations for cleanliness and that the mattress and pillows were so comfortable. For our guests convenience we do offer additional complimentary amenities available at our front desk including conditioner, razers, deoderant etc...

We take great pride in the quality of our breakfast foods that we offer, so I was sorry to hear that you were disappointed with what we had to offer. We do, however, review the breakfast foods on a regular basis and make changes periodically based on informative reviews such as your own.

We appreciate your feedback and do hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in town for your next shopping trip!
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

We booked our room through Priceline.
After a long flight delay due to storm Janus.
We arrived very late 3:15am and were greeted by Greg a professional and kind night manager.
Who opened the breakfast area for us at 4am as we were very hunger and knew we'd sleep through the breakfast hour.
For the price this exceeded our expectations.
Our room was very clean, quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Greg is truly an asset to our hotel and I appreciate your letting me know how he showed wonderful hospitality to you during a stressful travel time for you! I will be sure to share your reveiw with him and the rest of our staff. We hope to see you again in the future!
West Chester, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

I chose this hotel based on positive reviews. From my experience at this hotel, I seriously cannot figure out how so many people give this place positive reviews. I don't believe people have such low standards so very confused!
I desperately needed a quiet place to sleep away from the chaos of the big family Christmas. First of all, upon arriving at the hotel, there were no parking spaces left! There were four men standing outside the entrance for quite some time smoking pot and drinking beer. The hallways were littered with garbage. The room was not clean. The carpets and chairs were terribly old and stained, and also not clean. Everything in the room was old and dingy. Linens had hair. The wifi was not working. When I went to talk to the man at reception, there was a homeless person sleeping in one of the chairs next to the front desk, with his permission. Yes, great, help this person, but letting him sleep in the hotel lobby next to the front desk?

At about two am people came in and left their crazy barking dog in the room next to mine. By seven am housekeeping had knocked on my door. No Do not Disturb sign was available. Kids running up and down the halls, banging in and out of their rooms,screaming. All in all I got about three hours of sleep. I checked out that morning, even though I was booked in for two more nights. This hotel came pretty close to ruining my holiday. And the form email from the manager apologizing and saying it would be better next time, not good enough, sorry.

Room Tip: Stay away from first floor.