“Great Value”

Comfort Inn University
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Nice hotel and great breakfast, I am gluten-free and ate eggs and bacon on the free breakfast.
When I checked in, I received a bag that had microwave popcorn and a granola bar.
I got there late due to storms and the rental car place had closed but they had a contract with taxis to take from the airport to the hotel.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
generalmanagerciu, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your stay! We appreciate our Choice Privilege members and to thank them for their loyalty we give you goodie bag upon checking in...glad you enjoyed your goodie bag and the great hot breakfast we serve, as well. Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We have stayed at the Comfort Inn University on several occasions, and have always been pleased with our accommodations and the service provided.

The welcome at reception has always been warm and friendly, with our reservation properly in order.

The rooms are a bit on the small side, but very comfortably furnished. The king-size beds are firm with excellent support, lots of pillows, and nice weight blankets. Complimentary WiFi is available throughout the hotel. Coffee and tea are always set up in the lobby.

A self-serve breakfast is available each morning in the lobby, featuring several kinds of cold cereal, packets for oatmeal, muffins and doughnuts, a waffle maker, yoghurt, hard-boiled eggs, fried eggs, and sausage. Juice and fresh fruit are also served. We've always found plenty to satisfy ourselves.

The hotel pool is quite small but spotlessly clean. I have been fortunate to time my visits to the pool when it is not busy and I can still get in a few lengths of swimming.

Several dining options are right by the hotel. Zetti's Pizza and Pasta backs onto the hotel parking lot, with a small convenience store in the Gulf station next-door for pop, beer, or snacks. To the south of the hotel and across an apartment building parking lot at Millersport Hwy and Flint Road, you will find Santora's Pizza Pub and Grill, which offers sit-down dining, a large food selection, and reasonable prices.

All in all, the Comfort Inn University is well-located, offers comfortable accommodation, and won't break the bank.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
generalmanagerciu, Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

As a frequent, repeat guest we appreciate you taking the time to submit a review of our hotel! See you soon!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I searched for a hotel near the Buffalo Airport to do a park and fly. We had an early morning flight to Savannah and wanted to be able to stay overnight. I found the Comfort Inn and made a reservation. Sadly, I didnt get the name of the clerk that I spoke to on the phone. She was very helpful. I told her I needed to make a tentative reservation for the night we returned in case we were delayed. We have bad luck when it comes to on time flights! She made a note in the file that we could cancel on the return day if we got back early enough to drive home to Rochester.

We got to the hotel about 5 on thursday night. The woman that checked us in was the same one that I spoke to on the phone. She remembered our conversation and made sure the note was still there about being able to cancel the reservation at no charge if needed.

The room was nice and clean. The bathroom was a little dark, but not too bad. The pillows were way too soft. It was hard to get comfortable, so my husband and I didnt sleep very well.

The lobby had cookies out when we left for dinner and were still there when we got back. They were good.

The pool was a little small, but for an indoor pool it was good. An easy way to kill some time before bed.

They told us breakfast started at 6, but if we got there a little before we could probably get started. We were being picked up at 6:15 for the airport. We got down there at 5:30 and were able to start. The waffle maker was heated up and ready to go, and the muffins and other stuff was out and ready. We had great waffles. A few minutes to 6, they brought out poached eggs and bacon, which were pretty good.

The shuttle driver showed up early and got us to the airport in plenty of time.

When we got back, I didnt see a van or shuttle labeled Comfort Inn, so we were unsure how to get back. I called the hotel and they told me to get in an airport taxi and it would bring us back. I was a little nervous about paying it, since the meter was ticking the whole way back. But when we got to the hotel, the driver came in and the clerk filled out a voucher for him and he was fine. So it worked well.

I reminded them of the tentative cancellation and she knew all about it. She cancelled it out and we were on our way.

I would stay here again and would reccommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for your review about your park and fly experience. The staff strives to make all our guests stay seamless and easy by being understanding of different situations. I'm happy to know that this was the case for you, as well. We are in the process of renovating our bathrooms which does include new lighting and we also will be completing our new bedding soon which includes an all new pillow program that features your choice of firm and soft pillows. We look forward to your next stay with us...see you soon!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Our hotel experience was great! My husband and I were on a budget and decided to stay at the Comfort Inn. This was the first time going to see the Niagara Falls and was stoked about the trip. Room service was attentive and clean. If you don't wan't a 5 star nor motel just something in between, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

So glad that we were a part of your vacation plans and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for your review and we hope to see you the next time you plan on visiting Niagara Falls!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I recently took a business trip to the Amherst. I knew I wasnt staying at a $200 a night hotel but the rooms where clean, the hotel was fresh and the pool was open late for alittle swim. Much better than I expected from a Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of your stay and we look forward to seeing you again the next time your in our area on business...or pleasure!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel could use a really good cleaning and updating! While nothing was SO awful it precluded me from actually staying there once we arrived, nothing was good enough to ensure I came back next time I am in the area and I would not recommend it for family or friends. Cleanliness barely met the bar of expectation! Walls are thin and even the plumbing can be heard from above and next door :(. There were staff there that were helpful, kind and accomodating, but unfortunately, there was also staff there that conveyed an attitude of annoyance and disdain for guests. Breakfast was your average fare for free w/room offering. Nothing special here for the money, I'd choose a nicer, cleaner hotel with employees who are trained to treat guests as guests.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. I am concerned about your experience during your stay with us and would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Where do I start....maybe from the reservation. It was cheaper online than the group rate for a conference which I find very unethical but I went ahead and did it through the group so they would get credit. The smell in the lobby is not pleasant. The front desk clerks 2 year old daughter is running everywhere and pulling her pants down. The room was not ready so she reassigned to a different room Halls are dark and need new paint. Big plumbing pipes run through the hall by the elavator...the matching paint doesn't hide them. Eevator is loud and clanky. Room had a stained pillow case, poor lighting they claim is energy efficent inthe bathroom and a bathroom fan that sounds like a grinding freight train. I think the poor lighting is to hide the dirty shower floor. One of the bed creaks terribly. There is a mini fridge which is nice. Went to get some coffee in the lobby and it's cold. I've only been here an hour and if everything in the area wasn't sold out, I'd be out of here. Take my advice, it's worth a little more to stay across the street.

I've been to the DoubleTree across the street and it's very nice. The Candlewood and Marriott appear nice too.

Room Tip: I don't know if there is a good room. Beds in double rooms are small