“Very Happy”

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Amherst
Macedonia, Ohio
“Very Happy”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed here for two nights (September 10-11) and was very happy with the, price, quality, and service. I will return again when I visit the area. The morning breakfast was the best I have ever had at it was wonderful. The hotel was minutes from many attractions I was interested in seeing. The staff responded professionally when I had questions. It was like home away from home and I felt I more than got the best value for my money.
Mike Miller
Macedonia, Ohio

Room Tip: I enjoyed being able to see my car in the parking lot from the room window.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael M
generalmanagerciu, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thanks for the great review! Looking forward to seeing you again the next time your in our area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Ballston Lake, New York
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I used to stay here multiple times, throught the year, when on business in the U. of B. area. It's a generic hotel, that could use a serious round of updates, and renovations. I would probably give it 3 stars average, if it wasn't for the following:

I no longer stay here, because I found a bedbug crawling across the sheets on my last stay. I can only hope that it was just one... and that I didn't just infest my own house with them. :(

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian G
generalmanagerciu, Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
In this day and age, we realize that bed bugs are an issue. We take pest control measures very seriously and have all of our rooms regulary serviced by a certified pest control company on a monthly basis and our housekeeping staff is also trained on what to look for. Please call me at the hotel as soon as possible, as I show no reports of activity.
Dansville, NY
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My family stayed here for 2 nights at the end of September, 2012. Let me start by saying that there are many positives about this hotel. We had a non smoking king suite. Hotel was extremely clean and the staff was very friendly. The hot breakfast in the morning is great. Many choices, cereal, bagels, toast, waffles, sausage, eggs, pastry, yogurt, fresh fruit, etc. Also had several high chairs which for us was a HUGE plus. Check in and out was very quick.

Although I really liked this hotel, there were a few drawbacks. The rooms are very dated and in need of some updating. While it was clean, our bathroom definitely needed to be updated. The back lid to the toliet didn't fit and I was in constant fear that my 14 month old was going to knock it off. The shower, well it wasn't a real shower head and it was very low. I think that our room, 102, was for a wheelchair. So I think the shower was geared toward that need. While they did have a nice pool, it was very small. Maximum limit of people was 16, which wasn't a problem for our visit as we had the pool to ourselves everytime. But it wouldn't be ideal for teenagers as it is small. For a family with small children it is great because parents can walk the entire pool. Another negative with the pool is that the front desk has to let you in. Which means if they are busy checking someone in you have to stand there and wait. Once was waited almost 10 minutes to get in. Not fun with a little one who just wants to swim. Also while the staff was very friendly, I did have a staff member irritate me very much. We came back early one day and fed our daughter dinner in the breakfast area. The front desk person came over and asked us if our son, we have a daughter, was sick the night before. Confused I replied no. She then went on to tell us that she figured our "son" must have been sick because someone called to complain that they heard him up all night crying. Our daughter did wake up twice during the night crying, but it literally lasted less than 2 minutes. Not all night. So that really pissed me off that she felt is was necessary to inform us of that.

Room Tip: Our room, 102, was the very first room. So literally every person that wen to the lobby had to go b...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mishawnam
generalmanagerciu, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for writing a reveiw of your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our "Your Morning Breakfast" selection and our pool. We are currently gearing up for a big renovation this winter, including carpets, bathroom tubs, surround and vinyl. You will definitely notice a difference upon your next stay with us. I am very sorry if one of my staff made a comment that made you feel uncomfortable. I have a very friendly and caring staff and I'm sure that this was not the intention. I look forward to seeing you again in the future the next time your travels bring you to the Amherst area!
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Excellent stay at this very clean, updated Comfort Inn. I especially enjoyed having a flat screen tv in my room and the breakfast provided was actually very good! Will look to stay here again the next time I am traveling through the area as I often do for business.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Michele B
generalmanagerciu, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thanks so much for your glowing reveiw of your stay! I'm so happy that you enjoyed your new flat screen tv and our wonderful hot breakfast...we look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in our area!
dover plains
Reviewed September 12, 2012

in a recent trip to western NY we found the Comfort Inn Amherst NY what a great family place to stay very clean, friendly and the staff was very helpful to us. the staff was able to direct us around the area and made sure to tell us the local spots as well as the well known tourist spots. Family friendly with a very personal touch!! it was convenient to getting around for out stay.

Room Tip: not a bad room in the place
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Joseph N
generalmanagerciu, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for your review, we hope to see you again on your next trip to the Western New York area. There is so much to do here that one trip is just not enough!
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My wife, myself and another couple were looking for a simple getaway to visit the NY side of the falls. Most hotels at the falls were either booked, too expensive or had poor conditions. For a short drive we were at the falls in minutes. It's a fun drive over the two bridges. The rooms were very nice (2 kings), clean and fresh.. The front desk people, the same (NOT "fresh", you know what I mean!) Unless I stay on the Canada side, this hotel will always be a consideration.

Room Tip: Get to know the people at the front desk. They are really nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for your comments regarding your recent visit to our hotel...looking forward to having you stay with us again!
Lima, Ohio
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We have stayed at several Hotels in the Amherst area visiting our grandkids. Comfort Inn University has been the best so far. Clean rooms, friendly staff and a very peaceful stay, we all enjoyed the breakfast bar and the kids enjoyed the pool. Great location, lots of shopping and food within minutes of the Hotel. We are planning our next visit in mid-October and plan on booking this Hotel again.

Joe from Ohio....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for your review, Joe. So glad to hear that the Comfort Inn is your only choice while visiting your family! See you in October!