“Reasonable place near UB campus”

Comfort Inn University
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Eugene, Oregon
“Reasonable place near UB campus”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Place is a bit shopworn, but quite reasonable for a short stay. Across from the UB campus so it is convenient. Desk people were friendly and helpful, with direction handy. We would have liked a more spacious room, but it served our purposes.
We didn't have the breakfast so the "average" rating is our assumption.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
generalmanagerciu, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are excited about many future renovations at the hotel. We just finished installing all new heating/cooling units, a new weight machine and we are looking forward to receiving our new bedding soon! This fall we will also be installing new carpets and bathtubs! Sorry, you missed out on our great hot breakfast, featuring eggs, sausage, make your own waffles, donuts, bagels, yogurt, fruit...and much more! Make sure you save time for breakfast the next time you are in town visiting UB!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Womelsdorf, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We decided to take a mini vacation to Niagara Falls. I have read many reviews on this hotel and was apprehensive about booking but time was of the essence. We expected cold staff and breakfast, smelly and outdated rooms, and a terrible experience. Instead, we had the opposite. We came into a very peaceful, nice smelling, and friendly environment with accommodating staff. The night shift concierge was delightful! The hotel offers cozy rooms, continental breakfast (that does include hot food), free parking, and a courteous staff. The one downfall I think this hotel has is the pool. It is very small. Besides the pool, I think this hotel gives you the most bang for your buck.

Room Tip: We had a room by the elevator which was extremely nice. No noise and easy to unload and load your lu...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. All of the staff work very hard at making our guests stay comfortable and pleasant. See you again soon!
Glens Falls, New York
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Budget hotel. Hard to believe they put as much money as they say into the renovation. Lobby smelled so bad I walked back out and called my travel agent back to try and get me something else but I waited until the last minute to book and nothing else was available. It was passable if you need a place to stay. Amherst can be expensive and sell out quickly with the college near by. Good location, lots of shopping and food right near the college. If they kept it cleaner and paid attention to the details it would make a big difference.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for letting us know about the issues that you experienced during your recent stay with us. We take your concerns seriously and they have been addressed with our staff. I truly hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove what a really terrific hotel we are on your next visit to the Amherst/Buffalo area.
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We were visiting Niagara Falls and after reading many reviews, we opted to stay in Buffalo rather than the hotels in Niagara. We needed four rooms and the similar hotels in Niagara cost at least 50 dollars more per room. Rooms were clean and the beds were good. Free parking and free continental Breakfast are bonuses. I will definitely recommend this hotel to my family and friends. The staffs were very courteous and friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the awesome review of your stay! We really appreciate you taking the time to let everyone on Trip Advisor know what a great place we have here and to also, pass the word to your family and friends, as well! Hope to see you again very soon!
New City, NY
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Located next to University at Buffalo North Campus, this seemed to be the best value. Beds were comfortable, rooms were clean and they offer a continental breakfast. Staff was friendly and it serves the purpose. Only complaint is pets are allowed, and while that is a good thing for pet lovers as i am, we had a barking dog next door the whole time. I think it would be wise to separate the quests staying with dogs from the ones who aren't. Pool was small and didnt look very clean either, but I didn't use it. If you are visiting UB... I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask about pets and ask to be far away from guest with dogs.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. Yes, we are in a great location to the University of Buffalo north campus...just across the street, you can't get any closer! I'm glad that it was so convenient for you. I was thrilled to hear that you were comfortable in our beds, that the room was clean and that the staff was friendly. We are a "pet friendly" hotel and when we have a guest that brings along their beloved pet, we do have them fill out a form that asks for a cell phone number so that if we need to get in touch with them for any reason, we are able to do so. I'm sorry that you were disturbed by a barking dog. I understand how frustrating that can be. In the future, please, whether at my hotel or at another, I would highly recommend making a call to the front desk to let them know of the disturbance, that way we could call the owner of the pet and have them take care of the matter immediately. The front desk is staffed 24/7, to be of service to our guests and take care of any needs that arise. Our pool area is cleaned daily, however, I have brought your concerns to my staff and we will be sure to take extra care in the future. We do hope to see you on your next visit to UB, please let me know if there is anything I or my staff can do for you while you are here!
Spencerport, New York, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I recently began a job that requires me staying in the area once a week. I worked with the manager of this Comfort Inn, Susan, who helped set up a weekly once a night rental. The establishment is always very clean, the staff is very friendly, and the amenities such as the full breakfast and fresh evening cookies are a nice touch. Check in is always easy and check out is quick.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tom B
Thanks for the terrific review of our hotel! So glad that everything is working out so well for you while working in the area. It makes all of us very pleased to know that our guests are happy!
boston
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have been staying at the Comfort Inn University for family visits for about 5 years. Ever since the first stay, I have been impressed by the courteous, friendly, and helpful staff. Any request is attended to quickly. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. I like the fact that Continental Breakfast is included eliminating the need to have everyone in the group get ready to go out for breakfast. It's much more relaxing.
I strongly recommend this hotel and am sure you that you will enjoy your stay

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for such a nice review of our hotel. Our team take great pride in making sure that all of our guests are treated like family and have a memorable stay...hope to see you again soon!