“It was just ok”

Comfort Inn University
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I chose this hotel as it was rated pretty high. It was ok. Nothing to write home about. The location was great to UB which is why we stayed there and there was a pizza place within walking distance. For my review of hotel itself. It seemed clean, it wasn't the cleanest I have ever stayed at. Pool was really small and exercise room was off pool which reqired the front desk person to buzz you in. ( safety reasons) It would have been easier if I could use room key. Continental breakfast was just that. I was not impressed. It had your basics and belgian waffle maker. Rooms were just rooms. Most hotels now have small refrig and microwaves this one did not. I didn't need it, I was just suprised they haven't updated to those. One more note I always check for bedbugs when I enter I didn't find any but we also had new mattresses. I saw some old mattresses out at the garbage , maybe they are updating those. The front desk staff was friendly I would stay again for a quick trip if I needed for location.

1  Thank cbboyz
generalmanagerciu, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you for submitting your honest review of your stay with us. We are very convenient to the UB north campus, sitting right across the road and with many restaurants within walking distance, so I'm happy to hear that we were so conveniently located for your stay with us. The housekeeping staff works very hard and keeping the hotel clean and well maintained. Our breakfast does contain many hot items, including sausage, eggs, the make your own waffles, not to mention, yogurts, fruit, bagels, muffins etc... Within the next few months we are pleased to let you know that we will be adding refrigerators to all of our rooms and we will be replacing more of our mattresses and boxsprings, bathtubs and carpets! Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I blew out a front tire in Syracuse on our way home, and had to exchange rentals at the airport We had the help of a lovely lady from the Rosamond GIfford zoo who was willing to help out a senior out-state traveler.

This cost us four hours and we had to change our travel route to get us home on time. I could not depend on TA for a review this time, but we picked out a winner. This property was great--the service, room, and breakfast with yogurt!

At last were were in one of the few places where everything worked just right. Comfort Inns vary in quality, but if I had known where we were going to travel, the TA reviews would have picked out this inn for me ahead of time.

Cheers!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for such a great review! I'm sorry to hear that you had car trouble, which is never fun...but so glad to hear that we made the end of a bad day a little bit better. We hope to see you again under better circumstances and when you can stay longer to enjoy everything that our area has to offer! See you soon!

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I decided to call and find out about their upkeep on bedbugs and how they handle situations like that. I was told, "we always say that the room your staying in is as clean as the people who left it, and we put all the dirtier looking people in the crappier rooms" ... I am not making that up. I almost busted out laughing on the phone.

1  Thank Kaaren T

Kaaren thank you for your review. I am at a loss of words that any one of my staff would ever say such a thing! All of our rooms are clean and well maintained the same and we take great pride in our hotel. I hope that you had a pleasant stay and that you were able to see this for yourself. We look forward to having you as a guest again in the future!

Reviewed June 23, 2012

We have traveled to many hotels over the past 12 years and the Comfort Inn University in Amherst, NY is a delight. When we arrive it feels like home. Everyone is so friendly. The hotel is very clean and we always have the same room, if possible. Susan, the manager, is so very nice, she will do everything possible to make your stay perfect. Her entire staff is just great We always look forward to coming back.
Mary & Doc Bee

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for such wonderful words! Everyone here at the Comfort Inn go above and beyond and treat our guest like family and I'm so glad to hear that this was the same for you! And we look forward to having you come home again!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have traveled for 40-years and take special note of the quality/price ratio. This Comfor Inn is new, clean and comfortable. The staff is professional and courteous. The bed is extremely comfortable (that is, after all, what you pay for)! The breakfast offering is wonderful and it is conveniently situated off of I-290. All things considered, this ranks as one of the best values in the business of hotel accomodations!!!
Roger F.

Room Tip: A must if you are staying in the Buffalo-Niagara Falls area!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Thank you!!! We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

The Comfort Inn University on 1 Flint Road, Amherst NY is my favorite place to stay whenever I am anywhere within the Buffalo area. I have been traveling for Business for over 30 years and stayed in every major named Hotel chain you can name, in every major city of the US, and the Comfort Inn Amherst is by far my favorite place to stay. I am there on an average of 4 to 8 times a month.
The staff is always friendly and polite. The cleaning crew and the maintenance folks never hesitate to say good morning or have a good day, and they mean it. The staff at this hotel is like family. The rooms are clean and all remodeled with HD televisions, Refrigerators, new carpeting and new bedspreads. The hotel is always updating its rooms. I always feel safe at this hotel.
This is a great place to stay if you have young adults going to University Of Buffalo. You can walk to the University!
The location is Perfect for Any activity in the Buffalo area including Niagara Falls. Niagara Falls, including the Seneca Niagara Casino is a quick 20 Minute Easy drive from the hotel. Grand Island Amusement Park is also just minutes away. There are literally hundreds of restaurants within a 15 minute drive from the hotel and even closer. Every type of food or entertainment Buffalo has to offer is easily accessible from the Comfort Inn Amherst.
The hotel also provides shuttle service to the airport and other destinations within Buffalo.
You also can not beat the rate. The breakfast spread in the morning is wonderful and at night they serve warm soft cookies to all the guests. During the week in the fall, one night a week a local restaurant serves snacks and appetizers. It’s great! You just can’t beat it.
I strongly recommend this hotel and assure you that you will enjoy your stay if you should take my advice and stay here next time you travel to Buffalo.

Room Tip: I have never had a room that I didn't like.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for the outstanding review, Steven! I'm so glad to hear that you feel like family when you are here and that everyone goes above and beyond your expectations! See you again soon!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

First room had water leaking in the bathroom. When I requested a different room I was told that the leak situation was known (hence the mop bucket outside the room!). One might ask why the room was given to me in the first place. Second room ok, but carpeting in both rooms was dirty-looking and damp-ish. The cot that we were charged $15 for was provided without pillows or blanket. Overall, we were underwhelmed by this property.

1  Thank liberolibera

Thank your for taking the time to review your stay. I apologize that your stay with us was less than expected. I am happy to let you know that we will be replacing carpets, bathtubs and much more this fall, so I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to win you over!