Courtyard Buffalo Amherst/University
$81
$110
$93
Doubletree.com
Comfort Inn University(Amherst)(Great Value!)
$96
$128
Staybridge.com
$149
$116
All reviewsfire pitthe wall street journalsolid wififamily emergencyniagara fallssoftball tournamenttop floorroom was cleanquick checkstarbucks coffeeleft turngreat value for the pricenice hotelbusy roadfront desk staffstay there againoff the highway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This hotel has clearly been recently refurbished and displays the current Courtyard styling and decor. The reception staff were engaging and welcoming on arrival and helpful in answering questions during my stay.

My room was at the back of the hotel on the third floor, and quiet and adequately equipped for working. The WiFi was, at times, a bit slow to reconnect to my laptop and tablet. This was a slight irritation but not an insurmountable problem.

The dining area downstairs was clean and food well prepared. The staff friendly and helpful.

The gym was reasonably well equipped with three treadmills and a cross trainer. All new and not "tired" as is sometimes the case. There are also a number of free weights and a bench. It is a good enough room with ample equipment for the business traveler.

A good job!

Room Tip: a high floor at the back of the hotel if you want a quiet room
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank NLJS
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I'm a Marriott Rewards Platinum member and stay about 100 nights a year at various properties, most of them Marriotts. This hotel was a great surprise. Incredibly clean, beautiful rooms and great service. If you need to be anywhere in this area, this is as good a hotel as you'll find for the money.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2014

My family and I stayed here for one night while we were visiting Niagara Falls..
upon arrival, I asked if it is possible to have a microwave in the room, rather than using the common one in the lobby..

The front desk, did not even try to check the availability before saying no. I found this behavior rude.

My daughter is 2 years old and it is convenient to use the microwave in the room for her food (which we carry with us)

I am a gold elite member and travel every week and stay at Marriotts in Akron, Columbus. I never face this issue at other Marriotts (courtyards or full service)

Apart from this, the stay was nice...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Mehul_Desai
Dave G, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Amherst/University, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

I apologize for any rude behavior you may have encountered during your stay. Microwaves are only available in our suites or the lobby area. I will address the issue promptly with the front desk associates.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Okay - I am a sucker for properties that have great fire pit areas. It's amazing the kinds of memories that can be made as you are circled around a fire pit (either with family & friends or new friends of the moment!). That's why I was THRILLED when I saw upon check-in that this Courtyard by Marriott had a wonderful fire pit area.

Upon arriving early the front desk staff, Dina, was so nice and made sure we were able to check in right away. The whole new Bistro look in the front lobby and beyond just makes you know you are going to have a GREAT stay.

Rooms were modern looking too and super clean feeling. I loved every moment of our stay.

Starbucks coffee in the morning with great food selections too made for an easy check out when we unfortunately had to switch hotels due to a busy weekend in Buffalo, NY.

We found the location super convenient to visit family and friends and to dine at one of our favorite restaurants.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room facing away from the highway - though I had no issue with noise anywhere on property
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Dave G, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Amherst/University, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you for the kind remarks. I have shared your comments with Dina at the front desk. She has been a wonderful associate for over 12 years. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Nice hotel, we picked it because it was in the middle of Niagara Falls Outlets, and between Walden Galleria.

It's a nice hotel, service was horribly painfully slow, as no one was at the front desk when we arrived, and then a few of us ended up waiting to check in.

When I was waiting to check out there was a lady on the phone talking and talking, it sounded like a personal call and she avoided eye contact with me.

I literally waited more than 10 minutes for her to acknowledge I was there. Nice hotel, but just very slow service.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family