“Kitchen useful as bar” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Mississauga, Canada
“Kitchen useful as bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

The front desk staff are great. I was given a room that had not had pets as requested and near the lobby. Good value. Microwave was not clean but fridge full size. Bob Evans at exit is handy although too far to walk for some and the sidewalk does not extend to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your fully equipped kitchen during your stay with us. As well, it's great to hear that you were pleased with the service provided by our great staff. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Mirabel, Qc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

This Extended Stay America is a very nice hotel.
The room, the lobby and the hotel in general was clean and quiet.
The beds and pillows were comfortable.
We had a very nice, helpful and friendly check-in... thanks to Nicole :) Check-out was also fast, simple and friendly.
The room had a full kitchen, the equipment was limited but similar to what you find in similar hotel, we get use to it... and so we carry some equipment ourself to fill our needs (like plastic bowls and wine glass ;)
Well located between dowtown Buffalo and Niagara, close to University at Buffalo and also to shopping and restaurants.
The price is good for what you get.
The hotel is pet friendly (25$/night).
We really appreciated our stay and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, quiet and comfortable room at an affordable rate. As well, it's great to hear that you were pleased with our helpful, friendly staff, your fully equipped kitchen and our location. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Plattsburgh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Nice place! Very convenient; stone's throw away from highway, restaurants, stores! Easy to get to UB! Quick drive to Niagra Falls (make sure you have your passport so that you can explore both sides) ! Excellent customer service!! Overall, we had a very good - excellent experience!

Room Tip: Just ask for your preferences.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times and am always 100% satisfied. It is clean, safe, comfortable, and the staff is professional and courteous. A great value and always an excellent experience. An A+!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Brantford, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed here in October 2013. When I got to my room I found hair in the bathroom (not going to mention what type of hair.) The room was filthy, I took a shower and walked across the carpet floor in the room and the bottoms of my feet were completely black! After my stay the hotel sent me a brief survey to complete about my experience staying there. I complained about the cleanliness and was contacted a few days later from the hotel manager offering me a free night stay to give them a second chance. I was willing to accept the offer and sent him my info as he had asked so I could be sent the coupon. I never heard back from the manager. I emailed again a few weeks later inquiring about his offer. He still never responded. Don't try and win my business back if you aren't going to follow through with you offer. Not impressed, will never stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank sbchvl68
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding your room’s condition is truly regrettable, and I apologize for your experience. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning standards and procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. I really appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I invite you to contact me directly, at ahm@extendedstay.com, to discuss this further. We hope we have the chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you’re in town.
Fort Gordon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Ms Shannon, Mr Louis, and Mr Karl - all three of these personnel are ACES. I am appreciative and grateful to each of them for providing me the "yes we can" attitudes with regards to each of my requests. They are great customer service personnel. Please promote them today. Thank you much.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Carl P,

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am proud of our team and their exceptional customer service. Thank you for choosing our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Brian Doherty

Extended Stay America
Tel: 716.564.0620 Fax: 716.564.0630
ahm@extendedstay.com
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Here since March and though I had some medical issues and Praxair fired me in November after relocating me from the Virgin Islands to the area, I am leaving at the end of the year. No issues, great staff. Relatively quiet - some meandering shoeless guys and some loud voices in the lobby.

Room Tip: Corner suites are nice but need new mattresses.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Will - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff our hotel overall. Still, I am sorry that you were disturbed by other guests throughout your stay. In response, the staff and I are working to enhance our noise policy so that these types of issues are not repeated moving forward.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Holiday Inn Buffalo Amherst
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#13 of 17 in Amherst
3.5 of 5 stars 61 reviews

Been to Extended Stay America - Buffalo - Amherst? Share your experiences!