“Large rooms, friendly staff.”

Extended Stay America - Buffalo - Amherst
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Amherst
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Large rooms, friendly staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed here for one night during a trip to Niagara Falls. The room is huge with a kitchen. Got here late at night and was greeted by the friendly staff in a timely fashion. It is a little hard to find at first because it is off from the main road behind another hotel. All things considered it is well worth the price. Will definitely stay here again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Harry C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Harry - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that you chose to stay at our hotel during your trip to Niagara Falls. I am so glad to hear that we provided you with a spacious room, friendly customer service and clean surroundings.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Moore, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Amherst Extended Stay many times over the past few years. We come to the area to help my uncle and my wife's cousin each year. Extended Stay has allowed us the convince of being close with easy access to the Hwy if needed. We always request a Smoke and Pet free room and as always they have just the room that will make us smile. We noticed that there has been some changes and upgrades which shows us they are trying hard to make it nice for their guests. Our needs were met each time we had a request and everyone there was helpful and friendly. They even have morning coffee and light breakfast foods so you can continue on your way without having to stop. The kitchen is perfect in the room and also allows you to keep some food on hand and prepare meals if you don't want to dine out. So rest assured you will be happy and if something does not suit you just talk to the front desk and I am sure they will do their best to make it right.

Thanks again Extended Stay
Michael & Cheryl

Room Tip: Ask for what you want before traveling there
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Michael J
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Michael and Cheryl - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a glowing review. We are extremely pleased to know you enjoyed staying with us. It is great that you enjoyed all of the remodeling we have done to the hotel, our grab-and-go breakfast and our amazing staff.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

This property is clean, quiet and in a great location. I highly recommend this for any length of stay. A big thanks to the friendly staff who went out of their way to ensure my stay was enjoyable. The fact Niagara Falls is only a stones throw away really helps.

Enjoy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Will W
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Will - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm thrilled that you would recommend our hotel for any length of stay! We truly enjoyed having you stay with us.

Bishop, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

My father & I stayed here for a week in July 2012 and March 2013 when visiting family. For our needs, it is almost perfect. It is in a great location; close to many shopping plazas, supermarkets, the Boulevard Mall, tons of restaurants and the 290. Each room has a large refrigerator, a microwave oven, a coffee maker, dishes, cups, pans, utensils and a stove with two burners. There is coin laundry right on the premises. The staff is friendly & helpful. The "grab & go" breakfast includes coffee, oatmeal, fruit & cereal bars. There only 2 negative things I can think of: making a left turn onto Niagara Falls Blvd can be difficult during rush hour & sometimes I could hear the other guests' doors slam close if they didn't know to hold on to the door to gently close it. We found the price to be equivalent to other hotels which do not offer the convenience of a kitchenette in each room. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Buffalo.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We appreciate you letting us know that you were disturbed by other guests slamming their doors. We are so sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a comfortable room. As well, I am glad that the staff was friendly and helpful, plus that you enjoyed our grab and go breakfast.

Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed here for a week in december while my new home was being built. The hotel is off the main road by several hundred feet and therefor very quiet-definitely a plus. the staff was very good and the room was nice with a tiny kitchen. Agood choice for a stay of more than 1 day.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the rear.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your time here with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Having stayed at this chain before and not able to get into a kitchenette property, I took the chance. Like my experience in Poughkeepsie, there is a"smell" in the common areas and in the room. Luckily the windows open and fresh area solved the room problem... My room was on the rt 190 side, I would opt for the opposite side. 2 burner Cooktop, full size fridge, microwave, flat screen tv...tableware for 2, pots/pans. Very, very clean. Carl at the front desk was helpful and friendly. Grab n go breakfast: muffins, coffee, power bars, apples, oranges, oatmeal packets... alll for $79./ night.. my preference is a marriott property but I didnot feel like I was slumming it...

Room Tip: go for the non hiway side!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the in-room amenities we offer, our new grab and go breakfast as well as the staff, especially Carl. We appreciate you letting us know that the corridors had a slight odor. We are sorry for this issue. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed here overnight as my friend & I did a 2 day over- the-border shopping trip. It was handy to all the stores we wanted to see and near restaurants as well. Hotel is clean and quiet and staff are lovely. Room was a good size, even had a fridge, microwave, toaster, sink & coffee maker. Did not have a hair dryer, but I read somewhere that you could get one at front desk. Price was a little more than I spent when I stayed near Galleria Mall for a similar place. Too bad this place does not have a discount price for cross boarder shoppers.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm thrilled that you had such a great time on our side of the border! We are extremely happy to know that you enjoyed your spacious room and the amenities we offered. As well, that you were able to visit all of the stores and restaurants you wanted to because of our convenient location.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.