“Thin walls, good luck sleeping!!!”

Buffalo Marriott Niagara
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I have stayed at some high end hotels so I guess this is no Sheraton, but I guess I was expecting a little more of a Marriott Chain. Horrible experience!! The walls are so thin between rooms good luck trying to sleep, or you hear the doors slamming from outside the hall way. Being that I was there for a week of software training this hotel was just terrible. The noise from the AC too felt like a train coming through the room.

The pub/restaurant - don't eat there!! As part of our conference we were told the food was included only to get a menu in the room that said $9.50 for beef dip but by the time all was said and done the check came to $18 bucks for lunch. New flash. I could have gone to subway or pizza hut and had a much better lunch for half the cost! It's just when you take 18 X 3 people for lunch is beyond pricey!!

A colleague of mine had a HAIR in her beef dip. They didn't even come back and say they'd credit or give anything of the bill. DISGUSTING. The rooms were clean but not that clean finding other peoples hairs in the bed is kind of disgusting. The fridge inside was also had this moldy stain in the back it was SICK!!!!

Never used the pool/hot tub area so can't comment looked fine. Coffee in the little store was $4.50 was a little taken back by that. Only did that once. Tim Hortons the rest of the time. All in all, would never stay at this hotel as well the staff were not that friendly....except for the bell boys/drivers...they were exceptional.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank ridersfan23

Reviewed June 22, 2010

Hotel was ok but nothing special, older and needs updating. I stayed 3 nights and returned from my job on the second night to find clothes I had left on the floor missing. Called housekeeping and they came by that night and did not know the whereabouts. Said they would contact management and have them contact me in the morning. No one contacted me and I had to follow up on my own. Ended up speaking with the housekeeping manager twice (both times i had to initiate the call) and am still waiting for a call from the GM. It has been over a week now and no one seems to know where my clothes went. I don't expect to see my clothes again but will be writing to corporate regarding this.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2010

This hotel is clean, with good rooms, and comfy beds. Also, has free self parking. The hotel is a few miles away from the airport, and close to the freeway however you do not hear any noise what so ever!

The hotel is in between the Walden Galleria and Prime outlet mall.

I would stay here again over some of the other hotels I've stayed at in the Buffalo region.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 14, 2010

This hotel had an excellent mattress, flat screen TV, nice toiletries, very quiet, large room but it is a rather anonymous large-scale hotel. Would be perfect for the business traveler. Restaurant is mediocre.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2010

We stayed one night on our way from Buffalo to Toronto and were very pleased. The service was outstanding. The front desk workers were friendly and very helpful (couldn't initially find our reservation... my fault, not theirs... but the clerk was so helpful and patient). The room was very clean and quiet. The bed was kind of squeaky, which only mattered to us because we have two young kids we didn't want to wake up. We ate breakfast at the hotel the next morning and it was fairly good, but again the service was excellent. Our waitress was friendly, attentive, and great with the kids. We will be staying another night on our return trip from Toronto and are looking forward to it.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2010

We've stayed here twice now and we have no complaints.

The room was clean as a whistle and the bed very comfortable.

The food and the service at this hotel are very good and very reasonable compared to dining out at other area resteraunts. The staff are very pleasant and eager to please.

One thing we did notice on this trip was no fridge in the room and a few of the bathroom ammenities were not the same as last time, however we probably figured due to the economic downturn, costs were cut...so it was no biggie. If you needed something, they would gladly and efficiently supply.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2010

I have stayed at this Hotel several times and if you are flying out of Buffalo Airport it's a great deal...free parking! The Hotel is a bit tired and the walls are a bit thin however the beds are very comfy and the staff is very accomodating. They have a free shuttle to the Airport which is only about 15 minutes away and runs regularily.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business