“Good Hotel”

Buffalo Marriott Niagara
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here with my husband and son for a baseball tournament for two nights. Upon entering the hotel it was very impressive, I walked right up to the front desk and a woman greeted me with a friendly tone and smile! We went up to our room, and felt it was pretty average the beds were not the best I've slept in but decent. Our real issue was with the toilet.. We had to call maintenance three times during our stay, the third time it took quiet some time for anyone to show up, and yes it's a big hotel so I'm sure they are very busy, but I had to break down and was forced to use the lobby washroom. On the plus side the hotel is very spacious and the kids loved the indoor/outdoor pool it was very cool. The courtyard was very nice too with lots of loungers and seats/tables. The staff there is very friendly and accommodating. I would recommend a Buffett breakfast that would have been nice. I was given a 10 percent discount for my toilet issues. I would stay here again I feel that the good things did out weigh the bad. Thanks again Heather.

• Stayed: July 2013
Marriott-Mgt, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you for all of the positive feedback regarding your stay. I apologize for the commode issues you encountered but was glad to her it was rectified. Thanks for your time. Have a great day.

There are newer reviews for Buffalo Marriott Niagara

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My mom and dad flew in from Florida and wanted to stay at the best hotel in WNY.
So naturally we chose the Marriott in Amherst NY.
The hotel was remodeled and is beautiful.
Everything from the lobby, the hotel rooms, the restaurant was terrific.
The service and accommodations exceeded our expectations.
I spoke with the manager of the hotel a few times. He has been working in the hotel industry his whole life and has done a remarkable job with the Marriott.
Without question the Marriott is the best place to stay if you visit Buffalo and provides great value.

1  Thank jeffreyfreedman

Thank you for all of the positive feedback which we will be sharing with our staff. We are glad you had the opportunity to experience what the Buffalo Marriott is all about. Thanks and have a great day.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Spent a weekend here while traveling for a swim meet for my son. Like being in Amherst vs. Buffalo.......great location for getting into down or to U Buffalo......

BUT -- thin walls -- as in could hear toddler screaming in middle of night thin and could hear toilets flushing -- on concierge level no less. It really was not very clean in general. Very tired property.

On the plus side, bartenders/concierge gave us good recommendations for restaurants in area and a ride to and from......

'Added value' for platinum members was only breakfast certificate......

Room Tip: Not sure -- I would have thought Concierge Level would have been quiet....it wasn't.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. We apologize for the noise issue you encountered and will pass your positive comments on to the staff. Thanks and have a great day.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed with my family at this Marriott for a few nights in August. The hotel is OK, older but clean, there are no restaurants immediately near by (apart from their own) which was an issue but its location next to the freeway was convenient and there was plenty of car parking. My main issue was with the service provided to Elite members. One of the main reasons I booked this hotel was its concierge lounge advertised on marriott.com, however on checking in I was told that the lounge was only open until 12.00 midday on Friday and closed all weekend, not just food or beverages, completely closed. They did however say that they would give us a complimentary breakfast coupon for Saturday morning. Saturday morning came and I went to collect my 'free' coupon from reception. I took it to the restaurant and was seated by the food & beverage manager. I was then informed that the coupon was only good for 2 people and that we would have to pay $16 for our 2 children (13 & 8). I pointed out that we would normally have eaten in the concierge lounge and that I did not expect to pay for the children when the lounge was closed, the F&B manager was insistant so I went back to reception. The receptionist said that the concierge lounge is a courtesy and that they did not have to open it on weekends, she also said that its use was limited to one guest (+ the elite member) and that the children were not entitled to use it. I have to say that in all of the Marriott properties I have visited in the US, Asia and Europe I have never been told this before, she said that each property had its own policy and the charge for breakfast would stand. I returned the voucher and we opted to eat elsewhere. My issue was not the $16 (it cost us $50 to eat at a Bob Evans down the road) it was their attitude, I was paying $200 a night for a room booked for 4 and have a Gold Elite status which demonstrates my commitment to the Marriott brand, charging $16 for breakfast when the lounge was closed demonstrates that this is a property that puts profit over service and I (nor anyone from my company) will stay at this property again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. We apologize for any confusion regarding the benefits of rewards members and how properties handle them. Thank you for your time and feedback. Have a great day.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have stayed at Marriott hotels for 25+ years now due to the great customer service and cleanliness of their properties across the world. This property is the filthiest and most disgusting property that I have ever seen at Marriott. I found out that this is a franchise property and not corporately owned by Marriott. The breakfast lounge had food all over the floor. The floors were so sticky that your shoes stuck on the floor. There were dirty dishes everywhere, so I did not eat there because it was disgusting. I let the GM know and he was rude and seemed to deny that there was an issue, which clearly showed that the problem starts with the management of the property. I was embarrassed for Marriott, having this property representing their strong name. This was my second attempt to stay at this property and BOTH stays were TERRIBLE!

Room Tip: Beware of this property when you are in the Buffalo area. There are too many options while in the ar...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank adventurerplus

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. We apologize for your concerns and will work on these items as outlined. Thanks and have a great day.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed here in mid June as my son was competing at a lax tournament. We were directed to the back of the hotel after check-in to unload our car. The hotel is an older property, but has gone through a couple renovations. Rooms are decent in size and comfort. Location to the area was really nice being just off the highway. The tradeoff is the road noise is noticeable even while in the room. The staff was friendly and polite. We were provided vouchers for breakfast as the concierge lounge is closed on weekends without having to ask for them (disclaimer: I'm a Marriott Rewards Gold member). The breakfast was very good and the service provided there was efficient and prompt.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Marriott-Mgt, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you for all of the positive feedback which we will be sharing with the staff. We appreciate your business. Have a great day.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

The room at the Buffalo Marriott was very comfortable and had free wifi. The front desk staff were very helpful with anything needed. The bar was hoppin' at night with business travelers. Easy on and off near highway.

Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for all of the positive feedback which we will be sharing with our staff. We appreciate your business. Have a great day.