“Typical Marriott”

Buffalo Marriott Niagara
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed here one night during a shopping trip to Buffalo with my husband. We had limited interaction with the staff but the lady who checked us in seemed nice, she was smiling and very efficient. The room was typical for a Marriott. It was very clean but starting to show signs of aging. I had read in other reviews that the beds are soft and pillows are too small. Our bed was pretty soft, but wasn't so soft that it was uncomfortable for us. And yes, the pillows are a smaller than normal size, but not so small you can't sleep on them! And they were super comfortable! We both had a really good nights sleep. There was a charge for wifi in the room, but free wifi in the lobby. The gym is actually a really decent size for a hotel with a lot of equipment.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Marriott-Mgt, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for all of the positve feedback which we will be sharing with our staff. Have a great day.

There are newer reviews for Buffalo Marriott Niagara

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I moved to Buffalo for eight months. While looking for a place to live, I was able to get a room here at a great price. My wife and I enjoyed the pool and the bar Hoolihans (which no longer exists). They made excellent drinks. To me it had a very fance feel to it and the pool area was nice. After that visit, I always made it a point to get my guests rooms there. They too enjoyed the pool. Across the street from the Marriott was a Santorrah's pizza (sp?). It was nice to go there and socialize and then stumble back to the hotel. If I had a complaint it was the fact that the Internet service was $10 per night.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for all of the positve feedback which we will be sharing with our staff. Yes, Houlihans has been replaced with the new BlueFire Bar & Grill serving Buffalo favorites along with American cuisine. Have a great day.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed there for two weeks. Each week I had a problem, ranging from having no refrigerator placed in my room (its in my Marriott preferences) and then having to ask twice for it, to the concierge running out of food. They are not very good at paying attention to the little details that quite often make a stay nice. The concierge attendants, by the way, are very inattentive except for one, Allie! At night they put don't even care enough to take the crackers out of the wrappers! Just below average in many ways!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the feedback and the great comments about Allie which we will be sharing with the staff. As you know the premise of the concierge lounge is to provide snack foods after hours so guests can come in, sit, relax and hang out. The hotel tries to anticipate how many guests may visit the area but on any given night that may change. With that said we try to not put out too much food at once in order to maintain the freshest product possible. We also leave items like the crackers in the wrapper to also maintain freshness and cleanliness. Have a great day.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

we booked this hotel last minute and it was a great place to stay. Marriotts are a good chain if you dont have time to read reviews. The hotel room was clean and the bed was comfy and thats all we needed!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tymchakers
Marriott-Mgt, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for all the positve feedback which we will be sharing with our staff. Have a great day.

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel one night while doing some shopping and sightseeing in the region. Hotel is in a great location, just off one of the major highways. Lots of free parking and close to a lot of restaurant options on Niagara falls blvd (a 5 minute drive).

Room was very clean and renovated. Bed was comfortable but noise insulation not at the level it should be. Hallway conversations sound like they are inside your door! Fortunately the other guests settled in after about midnight so noise didn't keep us awake too long, just really shocked at how easily noise travels from the hallway into the rooms (and if you can hear everything in the hall, chances are everyone in the hall can hear you.....).

Good location, very clean - would have been even better if it weren't for the noise.

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for all of the positve feedback which we will be sharing with our staff. If at any time you have a noise issue please call and let us know so we can try and address the situation. Have a great day.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed her on business one night. I also felt like the desk staff were just going through the motions. No one even pointed me to the elevator which was pretty far from the desk. Good thing other guests helped me out. Room was nice and clean. Did not try any of the food, but the "Starbucks" left a lot to be desired in the lobby. This was the first Starbucks I have been to that only had coffee creamers in the packets. No milk, no creamer, etc... I will stay here again, for business it works, I would not say here for pleasure.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that the desk did not inform you as to the location of our elevators. In the Starbucks area there is a stand up refrigerator where we store the milk products so they do not go bad. The staff member at Starbucks should have reminded you of that which we apologize for.

Thanks and have a great day.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Usually I stay for business purposes, this would be my first experience staying for non-business service. Attended a family wedding held at hotel. Perhaps what p/o'd me the most was lack of luggage carts... as in there was none. Hotel portion was in rear of facility, and was convenient to be accessed by driving around rear. When one of the guests staying in our party asked for luggage cart, they where advised that no carts are given to be used unless accompanied by bellhop. When we arrived, there wasn't even a bellhop. Another Farkas was the starbucks coffee boutique. The espresso machine was broken down since Thursday???? really?? Have stayed at other Marriott's, this would be unacceptable and would have been repaired immediately. I don't drink espresso, but herd many complaints form those who had stayed there for a few days. Also the security, they followed hotel guests around like thugs..I noticed it myself on Saturday evening. I honestly believe they thought they where some type of official US enforcement officers.. LOL. Listen, I have stayed at many Marriott's in not the most favorable areas like downtown Baltimore, the security staff always have been great and respectful. These individuals where clowns!!! I hope someone from corporate Marriott reads this, when on business, we frequent Marriott allot. I would safely say we on a corporate level spend 5 figures a year staying at Marriott's. Perhaps not what other companies spend, bit nevertheless, not chump change. In my professional opinion this facility does not meet Marriott's level of quality. I could go further into what I believe to be some crappy business practices in regards to what money was spent by the wedding party for Marriott's services, but will let them address that. On a positive note, the beds where terrific as always, the maids made our rooms late in the day after we left as we where in them all morning/afternoon. workout room was nice. Also my wife and I had lunch in the bar/lounge. food was acceptable and service was pleasant

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank scooby-BTR

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. As a full service Marriott we provide bellman service to make our guests stay more enjoyable including helping with luggage. Unfortunately a guest may sometimes forget to return the cart and then the next guest has no way to transport their things.

In order to secure this property the hotel provides 24 hour security including some off duty police officers. The wedding you are referring to had some customers bringing in their own alcohol to the reception which could put the hotels liquor license in jeopardy. We apologixe as the hotel is just trying to keep all of its patrons safe and out of harms way.

Have a great day.