“Aunt Rosie's Tournament”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Reviewed July 18, 2010

We stayed at Sleep Inn in Amherst New York for a softball tournament with 14, 13 year girls and they had laptops, cell phones, and dvd players stolen from 3 rooms while the girls where enjoying Aunt Rosie's Tournament. The hotel said it was our problem because we left it in the room. How are these girls ever going to trust taking things with them when they go on there next tournament. They where even wondering if they will be safe knowing people can come in there room.

Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank highway0192
SleepInn030, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2010

As the manager of the hotel, I hope you will accept my apology for the inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay at our Sleep Inn. We certainly did not deliver the service and quality that you would expect from our hotel!

I can assure you that I have reviewed your comments with my housekeeping staff, and we are working on getting your issue resolved and working to improve those areas that were not up to your expectations. Because of your loss of items we will be sending you a check for the value of the items that were lost during your stay with us. We hope you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate the quality and service we are capable of providing.

Very truly yours,

Reviewed July 12, 2010

My family and I travelled up to Ny for a soccer tournament being held in Niagara. The Sleep Inn is the hotel we were booked into. Now I had my concerns. I didn't have a great feeling about it. Our first issue before we even got there...was the room . They said they only had rooms with 2 double beds. We are a family of 5. So this was a problem. Luckily my daughter moved in with her friend on the soccer team.

Ok, I had some problems with the rooms..but I still rated this hotel good because it was clean. Very clean. I was impressed with the cleanliness. I know for me, that is one of the most important things. Plus the staff was great. They had a whole hotel filled with soccer teams and other customers and they were working their rears off to keep the free breakfast stocked. They did a pretty good job. The kids played their games and came back very sweaty.The lady at the front desk washed all their uniforms that night . They were ready the next morning for the games. I thought that was great.

Ok now for the rooms...there are two double beds and a flat screen tv..I found the channel selection pretty good.They had some tv channels for the younger kids which was helpful. It had a desk with free internet. That was awesome...and impressive since some bigger,more expensive hotels charge you for internet. But, the rooms are SMALL. Very small. It has a separate sink and then a room with a toilet and shower. The shower had great pressure. The shower was their "signature" shower. It was kind of circular and the wall stuck out in the room. It seemed silly to have that extra room in the shower(not sure why) . It would have been better to just have a normal shower and give more space to the room. It was SMALL. It was a lot of togetherness!

There wasn't much room for any of our luggage. We were constantly tripping over our suitcases. Our view out our window was some sort of exhaust things. It was ugly..but it wasn't too big of a deal. But anyway, i was impressed with the cleanliness and I was actually very comfortable in the beds. Did I say the room was small? It was small.

The pool was nice. It was indoor and they did provide towels. They had tables and chairs and it looked really cute. The chairs were horrible though.I think they were supposed to have cushions on the back? You sat with your back on bars..it wasn't comfortable. But my kids really enjoyed the pool.It has a 3 foot section where my 5 year old could touch ..It also had a 4 and 5 foot section. There was also a separate hot tub. By the way did I tell you how small the bedrooms are?

They had a free continental breakfast. It had waffles, bagels, toast, fruit, danish, coffee, juice.etc . All the normal things a continental would have. Except they had these little egg and cheese omelets. Some had peppers in them. They were really good and went fast. The staff did a good job keeping up with all of the teams and their appetites.

It was in a good location. Up the street were a ton of different restaurants and shopping. We were about 30 minutes from Fort Niagara which is where we needed to be for our tournament.

All in all , I was extremely impressed with the Sleep Inn...It probably would have been different if I had to squeeze five of us in a room! But we were able to manage with 4. Did I tell you how small the rooms were? Still a great hotel though.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Jenne03
SleepInn030, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property, and thank you for staying with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we take all comments seriously. Thank you for giving us such positive comments about the hotel cleaniness, as well as the staff in general. I am sorry to read that you felt the rooms were a little smaller, unfortunatley we do not offer suites at this property, as we have standard size rooms with one king bed or two double beds depending on your preference. Once again I want to say thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 3, 2010

I'm writing this review with deep regret. The hotel does reservation and cancellation through booking.com which is totally unreliable. We reserved three rooms for a incredibly high price and then we canceled all three rooms as we got alternative accommodation. Even though we canceled all three rooms, the cancellation was effected only for two of the rooms which was not communicated to us either. I had to cancel each room separately and I did not get a confirmation mail that 3 rooms were canceled. Later, my credit card got charged. I called both booking.com and Sleep Inn, Amherst, NY and they would not listen to my situation and this is bad customer service. The manager was rude to me as well. They said that we canceled only 2 rooms out of the 3 and they cannot reverse the charges. They did not care to listen to what went wrong. They took advantage of my trust and now they turn their back to me.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2010

We stayed here for the month of May. This was not by our choice but by our management staff. The only good experience that I had was with the staff. They are very kind and courteous. The complimentary breakfast was OK not the greatest. Alternating omelets are about the only variation that you will see. Cleanliness is a joke. The desk chair in my room was defective and creaking as if it would break apart any moment. Dust Dust Dust everywhere (check the bathroom vent,desk,sills etc). By the way, bring your own cups. They provide 4 oz cups at breakfast. The only way that I would stay here again is if they paid me. No exercise room, no laundry room, no restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank gdon1
SleepInn030, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2010

Please accept my sincere apology for the lack of service you received while staying with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and every comment is taken seriously. I personally looked into the issues you have addressed and we have already begun using your feedback as a training tool with our housekeeping staff. Comments such as this help our team grow stronger as we all take every comment to heart. We value your business and we are truly sorry that we feel short of your expectations and what you rightfully deserve when you stay at our property. Once again thank you for your business as we realize there are many options in our area. We are honored that you chose us and we enjoyed having you as our guest.

Reviewed April 15, 2010

The staff and hotel need work. Had a confirmed reservation but no room. Moved rooms 3 times in 4 days to get a non-smoking room with beds for the 3 of us. Never an apology. Nothing. They fired their sales manager and didn't make sure that her contracts were covered. Verizon had a bunch of people there making noise and being obnoxious. No one did anything to stop them. The manager they have needs to go to management school. We were there for a funeral. This hotel did not do anything to make this trip any easier.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank BusTrav7M
SleepInn030, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2010

Dear Mr. & Mrs. English,
Please allow me to sincerely apologize for the lack of service you received during your stay. your feedback is important to us and is taken very seriously. We have addressed your issues and will continue working closely with the thrid party bookings to ensure this type of issue does not occur in the future. It is our intent to always provide the award winning service we are known for. We are extremely sorry we did not succeed with your stay. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the manner you not only expect but deserve. Please feel free to contact me personally with anything I can do for you in the future.

Reviewed March 21, 2010

I had taken my mom & 6 year old son.The room was amazing it was so clean.The room made you feel like you were at home. The staff was great check & check out was way beyond what i have every experience,
We just stayed over night as we came down for the weekend to shop.

Breakfast was great also the waffalo was to die for..mmmmmmmm

I have alreay sent email & facebook friends they must try it.
I was treated like a princess. The beds were comfortable & pillows.

It was worth every penny and than sum!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank daniellemag
SleepInn030, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about our property. We certainly appreciate your comments and we hope to see you again in the very near future. We realize there are several properties to choose from in this area, so we are very honored that you stayed with us. Next time you are in the area please stop by the front desk and introduce yourself as I would like to personally thank you for staying with us!
Thanks again,
Sleep Inn Amherst
75 Inn Keepers Lane
Amherst, NY 14228
716-691-6510

Reviewed January 14, 2010

The Sleep Inn is a great place to stay. It's just off the highway, and not hard to find. We went there to go to the Christmas Tree Shop as it's just down the road, as are the other shopping malls and resturants.. Everyone talks about the small rooms, but that's basically all you need after a day of shopping. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were great.
The pool and the hot tub were nice, but the pool could have been warmer, and the hot tub cooler. So only used it the one time.
It was the first time I've stayed in a hotel room with a sliding door for on a bathroom, but it all seemed to work out ok. The shower had a massaging shower head which was nice.
The General Manager, was very nice, and knew the area well.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple