Sleep Inn
Marriott Hotels
$154
$147
$109
Comfort Inn University(Amherst)(Great Value!)
$88
$63
$147
$133
Staybridge.com
All reviewsyogurtpeanut butterfront deskpool and hot tubniagara falls blvdchoice hotelstwo nightsshower stallbuffalo areagreat location for shoppingwaffle makerwould stay here againsliding doorboulevard mallone night staya great staythe staff was friendly and helpful
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Hotel is clean, beds are comfortable and there is a continental breakfast, small selection, but when you are in a hurry it's great to grab and go! There is also a swimming pool! Location is key if you are here to shop! It's right off the interstate and so close to all shopping!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Megan M, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Ijustluv2travel,

Thank you very much for your review of the Sleep Inn! We are thrilled to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us on your shopping trip. We are located just down the road from many stores and very easy to get on and off of the interstate. I will pass along your comments to our housekeeping team as they take great pride in their work and will be happy to see that you noticed our cleanliness standards. Thanks again for your review. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Well-run and comfortable Sleep Inn on quiet street - no road noise. Internet was fast. Slightly inconvenient to plug in computer - outlet was behind TV. Room was clean. Bed was very good - but not as good as the best Choice has. Breakfast was clean, well-arranged, and slightly better hot selection than most Sleep Inns. The restaurant selection in the immediate area is a little thin.

Room Tip: The hotel location is quiet, so the room location in the hotel is less critical.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Dave4_-_3W
Megan M, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear DavetravelerCT,

Thank you very much for your review of the Sleep Inn, Amherst! We are glad to hear that you had a quiet and comfortable stay at our property. I am sorry that you had difficulty finding an available plug in your room. We try to make sure there are always a few extra plugs available above the desk or on the lamp. I will be sure to check our rooms to see if there are any without extra plugs that we make the necessary changes to make it easier on our guests. We hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel again in the near future. Thanks again for your review!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

A block of rooms were reserved for a four day hockey tournament weekend. Upon check-in, we were greeted with, "If there is a noise complaint, the complainants room will be comped, and the fee for their room will be charged to you." I'm certain this is based on past experiences but all teams are not alike and felt it was an unfair judgment. Our team was assigned four rooms on each level, beginning with the 2nd floor to the 5th floor. Most facilities keep the team localized to a single floor to minimize the noise/traffic. The rooms were small but the hotel was very clean; the staff was friendly and the continental breakfast offers a variety of items. We were allowed to utilize the breakfast area for group gatherings. With that said, our room did not have hot water from check-in on Thursday through check-out on Sunday. When calling the front desk, we received an apologetic "I'm sorry". After two days without hot water, we were told someone would come up to look at our shower. After several hours, we approached the front desk to inquire and were instructed to wait another 45 minutes explaining the hot water heater was not large enough to accommodate the hotel, further explaining that our room was located at the end of the hotel that took longer to get hot water to. Just next door, a teammate had hot water all weekend. On our final day, I called to ask if there was an alternate location our family could shower and was informed that the hotel was booked and there was no other option. When I again approached the front desk to speak with the Manager on duty, she suggested she would deduct $20 from our bill for the four day stay. As I stood in line, I overheard several others guests with complaints of the same issue. It was not until I contacted Choice Privileges personally that this issues was addressed. The stay itself was fine; the lack of hot water was an inconvenience and the lack of concern about a guest room not having hot water for four days was even more disappointing.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank mystery8792
Megan M, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Mystery8792,

Thank you for being our recent guest at the Sleep Inn Amherst and taking the time to write a review. I know I have said it in our previous correspondence, but I want to let you know once again, on behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for your experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided me to make improvements for all of our future guests.

I would like to assure you that we have taken this problem seriously and I am very sorry we did not make you aware with how concerned we are. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can show you the experience you had was an isolated incident. We strive to make each and every guest’s stay enjoyable. If you have any further concerns please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 716-691-6510.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I recently stayed at this property with my husband and daughter. We were in the area for a little get away to shop and relax. The hotel photos depict the hotel truly as it is. The room was on the small size, and only double beds (or King), but was very clean. My 11yr old commented on how clean the room smelled when we walked in. The bathroom is also quite small and the shower has low water pressure. All in all the room served our needs and was quite comfortable. The pool and hot tub were well maintained and welcomed after a day of shopping. The pool area has several chaise lounges, and patio tables and chairs and is quite a lovely set up.The morning breakfast was plentiful with lots of choices for everyone. The dining area is quite large, but got busy at some points, but we never had to wait for a table.The staff is friendly and helpful, and I noticed the manager tidying up the common areas and breakfast area continuously. There is lots of shopping nearby and it is only about 10 miles to Niagara Falls. All in all I felt that this was a great hotel and good value for what we paid. We will definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ardac
Megan M, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Ardac,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Sleep Inn. We are the perfect choice for a shopping weekend and I am glad to hear that you had a comfortable visit! Thank you for your comments about the cleanliness of our rooms. Our housekeeping team takes great pride in their work and I will be sure to pass along your comments. They love to hear that our guests notice their hard work! I am also glad that you were able to find the time to enjoy the pool area and breakfast. We hope to be able to welcome you back again to the hotel again soon. Thank you for your business!

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is probably the second review I've done in life. I've been to many hotels in buffalo as my family and I often do weekends away. This is by far the nicest, cleanest hotel I've been in for a while in Buffalo. You definitely get your bang for your buck. No kidding. I was a bit skeptical at first, but after staying here and at the great rate, we've got ourselves a winner. It would take a lot for me to switch staying somewhere else whenever my family and I stay in Buffalo. Great location for shopping as well. I've never walked into a hotel room, even those expensive hotels and immediately spelt fresh linens, by far very impressive!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Renata P
Megan M, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Renata P,

We are very pleased that you took the time to write such as nice review about the Sleep Inn Amherst. Thank you! All of our team members work very hard to provide clean and fresh accommodations! We are a great location for shopping and dining and I hope that your family found some time for that during your trip to Buffalo. We hope to welcome you back again soon!