“Finally a "Home Away from Home" in WNY!”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Ballston Spa, New York
“Finally a "Home Away from Home" in WNY!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We've finally found our Buffalo area 'home away from home'! My sister and I grew up in Cheektowaga and come back to the area at least once a year to visit family. Unfortunately the hotels we've stayed at the last few years have just not measured up to our not-really-strenuous standards. Sleep Inn will definitely be our choice for our next trip!

The hotel is conveniently-located just off 290 but in a quiet spot. The personnel were all really pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was definitely above average--so much variety for one included in a lower-cost hotel rate--and available from 6 am till 10 am, even on the weekend!

The pool and hot tub were pristine and inviting, but not really large, so we were happy that we beat the crowds. One nice thing was the long hours that they were also available.

The rooms were designed to make the best use of the space. The housekeeping was great. It was nice to have a coffeemaker in the room--it would have been nicer, but not necessary, to have a mini-fridge. Coffee in the room was better than in the breakfast area--maybe somebody could work on this? I did bring a few French Vanilla creamers up from breakfast to enhance the second morning's coffee in the room.

I don't understand the reviewers who complain about the double beds being small. I realize that almost all couples now sleep in a queen or king bed at home, but a double bed is a standard size bed, so they should not be surprised. As to the room size, I would probably feel a bit cramped in the double-double room if there were 4 people and we were spending much time in our room. But in this location I think that most people are there primarily to sleep.

Thanks to all the folks at the Sleep Inn for a great stay! We'll be back!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
TimothyStone, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
What else can I say other than WOW and Thank you! We are so happy that you have found your home away from home. Our pool and breakfast are both perfect reasons to stay with us. We look forward to your next family visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Houston
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were spending our last night in Buffalo with 3 families and leaving for the airport early in the am. Wanted an indoor pool so the kids could swim (knowing Buffalo weather is iffy for swimming). Pool and hot tub were very nice, breakfast was great, rooms nice and clean with comfortable beds. Took 15 easy drive minutes to the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TimothyStone, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
I am very happy that you found our accommodations comfortable and enjoyable. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to the Buffalo area.
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Have stayed here numerous times, thought I would finally tell people of property. Stayed again for concert and all excellent, nice clean rooms, nice warm indoor pool and hot tub, close to all shopping. Again have stayed numerous times and always priced very economically and always leave happy. Only complaint is beds are a bit small possibly doubles, but all else excellent.

Room Tip: All rooms the same
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TimothyStone, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
I would like to thank you for deciding to review the Sleep Inn after all of your wonderful visits. We appreciate that there are many choices of places to stay, that you choose to stay with us each time you come to the area is so great to hear. Our indoor pool and spa are always welcoming and perfect for that relaxing dip any time of day. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was very satisfied with our stay in this hotel. I chose this hotel based on the positive reviews. The front desk staff were very professional. Although the room is not that big, it was just enough for the four us and for our overnight stay. Our room is very clean and the sheets were nicely fitted. The pool was very clean and inviting. The kids enjoyed the pool so much and the free hot chocolate drink afterwards. Although nothing special but we enjoyed the breakfast buffet. I find dining room kind of crowded, I believe the hotel was full that day. The location of the hotel is a little far from Military Rd in Buffalo but it doesn't matter as I was satisfied with the overall stay, it's worth the value of money. My only concern were the pillows. They were small and over used. The staff couldn't provide more pillows, stated they don't have extra as the hotel is full. I hope the hotel will purchase new bigger pillows soon. When we were packing our things to check out, we can smell cigarettes in our room and in the hallway (first floor). The room was supposed to be a non smoking room. Probably somebody was smoking outside and came back through the exit door. I will recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TimothyStone, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for the nice review of your recent stay with us. I am so happy that you found the hotel accommodating to your needs. I would like to apologize for the pillows in the room. We continuously purchase news each month so that we are able to rotate them so they do not get worn. Obviously we did not get to change out the pillows in your room, I have noted this and will be supplying new pillows to the 1st floor. I hope that when you travels bring you back to the area that you will choose to stay with us again.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stay at this location frequently for business travel, so I can't rate the value as the bill is picked up by my employer.

The desk staff are very friendly and courteous. The rooms are clean and well maintained. While the rooms are small, they're more "cozy" than "cramped".

If there has to be a negative side, I would say that the rooms on the ends of the building seem to have weak wifi signals, even though there's a router in the room itself. Also, the television channel offering seems modest. But these complaints are minor.

All-in-all I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
TimothyStone, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at the Sleep Inn. I am pleased that you find the hotel accommodating to your needs. I have also informed my maintenance and IT department to look into your mention of the weak signals in the end rooms. We have upgraded our system and bandwidth to meet the needs of todays travelers and I am concerned that the signal is not that strong in those rooms. Again thank you for your review and we look forward to your future visits with us.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Clean, very comfortable, great breakfast, good price, *awesome* pool and hot bub, and excellent location. The staff was very helpful. We stayed at 4 hotels over 4 nights (others were Best Western Plus, Holiday Inn, Days Inn) -- and this was probably our favorite.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TimothyStone, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you very much for the very nice review of your recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with the entire staff of the hotel, as we all enjoy hearing how our hard work has paid off. I hope that you choose to stay with us again if your travels bring you back to the Buffalo area.
Valparaiso, Indiana
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Whoever wrote "ingeniously small bathroom" had that right! But it all works, and room is high quality and comfortable-- and very quiet. Very nice staff. Good free breakfast. Coffee could be better. All in all a positive experience, and at a good price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TimothyStone, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased that after reading other reviews of the hotel that you booked your visit with the Sleep Inn. I have shared your comments with my staff, as we all look forward to what our guests are saying about us. I look forward to your future visits with us should your travels bring you back to Buffalo.