“Great Stay!”

Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Waterloo
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great hotel, centrally located. The rooms were clean and the service was outstanding, we stayed in the loft and enjoyed a nice fire while the kids were upstairs watching a movie. James at the front desk couldn't have been more helpful! Our requests were met promptly and with a smile.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Came for a family celebration this weekend and as all family stayed here, it was great fun to have all around. The breakfast buffet had something for everybody, but because the hotel was full it was a madhouse, but fun none the less. If I came to this area again, I would stay here for sure, with lovely suites and friendly staff What could be better!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 1, 2012

When you are travelling on business and you're unfamiliar with the area, you just have to go with what's close to the site, and what brand you trust the most. That's what I did, and I was thrilled with the results! My first-floor studio was spacious, clean, stylish, and otherwise fantastic. I was actually disappointed that my stay was only one night! I loved the fact that the hotel provided a complimentary duralog for the fireplace--I took advantage of it on the cold and drizzly night that I was there, and it felt like home. I was also very impressed with the clerk at the desk when I checked in. She was friendly and charming, and took the initiative to make some calls to be sure that my room was ready. I couldn't have been more pleased, and I would certainly return.

Room Tip: I had a first floor room facing Maple, which I worried about at first because it is a busy street, b...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ST GEORGE BRANT
Reviewed November 20, 2012

CHECK IN - stayed wknd of Nov 9-11/12. When we checked in there was a "glitch" but the hotel was very accomodating and resolved our issue. We were originally booked into 2 rooms (6 of us) but we found out that they had us in 2 different bldgs. I was not happy about this since I called 2 days before hand to say I wanted our rooms close together. We then got 3 rooms all in the same bldg for the same price.
HOTEL - When staying at this property it is a cluster of 2 storey bldgs that have about 6 units in each bldg. They have recently been renovated and are clean/nice inside each unit. One problem if you are staying in a bottom floor unit with someone staying above you - when they renovated they put cheap fake hardwood down with no cushion layer underneath so the floor constantly squeaks badly! The hotel knows its a bad situation and are trying to correct the issue (or so they said).
ROOMS - The fridge, stove, dishes, dishwasher, washrooms are all fine and new. The beds are new and the fold out couches are comfortable to sleep on as well.
BREAKFAST - has good variety except on Sunday. Lots of breads, rolls, cereal, waffles, biscuts and gravy but no meat folks on the Sunday. Guys will starve!
LOCATION - close to the university and 5 min drive to Boulevard Mall area
Would I stay again - maybe since it was very clean, staff were very friendly and accomodating, price point is avg to other hotels in the area but not on the bottom floor units

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor unit
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank LINDA T
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I really like this hotel. I have been staying here on and off for over a year now. They have 2 different Penthouse rooms which are more like "loft apartments" They also have 2 room suites which are spereate and private. Also they have working fireplaces. This is one of the last of the old style Residnece Inn which has the space and comfort of home. They have dione a great job of renovationing every suite, with granite counter tops, stainlees steal appliances and full size refrigerators.

The staff are always great and will even provide milk for the free hot cocco that is provided. They are a clas act!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
NY
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed 3 nights end of Sept. 2012. Had requested a room with 2 double beds when making the reservation but was advised that hotel was sold out and only had studio room available but they would try to accommodate me. 1st night got a studio room on the 1st floor. It had a queen bed and pull out sofa bed. Room was tight when the sofa bed was open but all the bedding and extra pillows were available in closet. Room faced the main road in front of hotel and you could hear the cars and trucks passing by. Next day I asked the front desk if there were any 2 bed rooms available. They advised there were but there would be an additional charge for this room. I asked to speak to the General manager and he agreed to waive any additional charges since I had requested this room type when making the reservation. I thought that was very good business for him to do as it made me appreciate my stay more. We were moved into a room on the 2nd floor that was a duplex with a bedroom and bathroom upstairs and a murphy bed and another bathroom on main floor. Room was great. Both beds were very comfortable. Only complaint was door to room was very drafty. This room also faced the highway but because on 2nd floor traffic noise was not as bad. Breakfast was very good all day.s The oatmeal was the best I ever had at a breakfast buffet. I would recommed this property and will stay here the next time I am in the Buffalo area. Should also note that the hotel provides shuttle service to the airport.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We enjoyed our 9 day stay while we visited family in the Buffalo area. The room (king studio with sofa bed and fireplace) was nice size for the two of us. The kitchen had full sized appliances with a small eating area. The bed was comfortable. The room was clean and in fairly good repair. It was last remodeled in 2004 and shows small signs of age. The black out curtains had small pin holes; floor in bathroom showed a little ware and a small area of carpet at the entry was frayed a little. Over all nothing that would make me not return. The staff was friendly and always available for any request.
There is a small fitness area with three cardio pieces and a business center with one computer. They do offer use of a local gym down the street if you have the need.
I only made it the breakfast buffet and appetizer hour once each. The food was not bad.
You could hear the people walking-thumping around above if you where on the lower level. Each unit is like a 4 plex with 4 to 6 parking places in front of each unit however if we returned after 7 pm there was never a parking space by our unit. There is no restaurant or lounge within walking distance. Overall we did enjoy our stay and would stay here again. (on the second floor)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple