“Lots of space for the family”

Residence Inn Buffalo Amherst
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I really like this hotel. I have been staying here on and off for over a year now. They have 2 different Penthouse rooms which are more like "loft apartments" They also have 2 room suites which are spereate and private. Also they have working fireplaces. This is one of the last of the old style Residnece Inn which has the space and comfort of home. They have dione a great job of renovationing every suite, with granite counter tops, stainlees steal appliances and full size refrigerators.

The staff are always great and will even provide milk for the free hot cocco that is provided. They are a clas act!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Buffalo Amherst

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed 3 nights end of Sept. 2012. Had requested a room with 2 double beds when making the reservation but was advised that hotel was sold out and only had studio room available but they would try to accommodate me. 1st night got a studio room on the 1st floor. It had a queen bed and pull out sofa bed. Room was tight when the sofa bed was open but all the bedding and extra pillows were available in closet. Room faced the main road in front of hotel and you could hear the cars and trucks passing by. Next day I asked the front desk if there were any 2 bed rooms available. They advised there were but there would be an additional charge for this room. I asked to speak to the General manager and he agreed to waive any additional charges since I had requested this room type when making the reservation. I thought that was very good business for him to do as it made me appreciate my stay more. We were moved into a room on the 2nd floor that was a duplex with a bedroom and bathroom upstairs and a murphy bed and another bathroom on main floor. Room was great. Both beds were very comfortable. Only complaint was door to room was very drafty. This room also faced the highway but because on 2nd floor traffic noise was not as bad. Breakfast was very good all day.s The oatmeal was the best I ever had at a breakfast buffet. I would recommed this property and will stay here the next time I am in the Buffalo area. Should also note that the hotel provides shuttle service to the airport.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We enjoyed our 9 day stay while we visited family in the Buffalo area. The room (king studio with sofa bed and fireplace) was nice size for the two of us. The kitchen had full sized appliances with a small eating area. The bed was comfortable. The room was clean and in fairly good repair. It was last remodeled in 2004 and shows small signs of age. The black out curtains had small pin holes; floor in bathroom showed a little ware and a small area of carpet at the entry was frayed a little. Over all nothing that would make me not return. The staff was friendly and always available for any request.
There is a small fitness area with three cardio pieces and a business center with one computer. They do offer use of a local gym down the street if you have the need.
I only made it the breakfast buffet and appetizer hour once each. The food was not bad.
You could hear the people walking-thumping around above if you where on the lower level. Each unit is like a 4 plex with 4 to 6 parking places in front of each unit however if we returned after 7 pm there was never a parking space by our unit. There is no restaurant or lounge within walking distance. Overall we did enjoy our stay and would stay here again. (on the second floor)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Our work team stayed there for 9 months before the new manager, Scott, came and made a mess of the place. Within a month his actions had caused his best staff to quit and the 5 of us to check out! We had been coming to that hotel for more than 10 years but will not return. Check out the Fairfield Inn Buffalo Airport as a great alternative which offers double the Marriott points than the Residence Inn does.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Richard R
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The hotel is relatively clean. The best thing about this hotel was the staff. Everyone was friendly and very accommodating. They give great recommendations for local dining options. There is an on and off-site gym options. The free breakfast was what you would expect (meat, eggs, bread, yogurt, hot and cold cereal).

The rooms are a bit dated and have a garden apartment set up, stairs on the outside of the units, no elevators or interior halls. I wish the hotel website was more upfront about lack of handicap accessibility for certain rooms. Although the loft rooms are much bigger than the typical suite room, there are located on the second level with no handicap access. My mother who has a mobility impairment could not come to our room. This was not self-evident until we arrived. Also, the bedroom is an open air loft set up without a door if privacy is an issue. There were birds in the fireplace. The chirping drove me mad.

Room Tip: avoid the duplex or loft if mobility impairment or stairs is a concern. There is no way to get to t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I spent 2 months working in Buffalo last spring, and this Residence Inn was my home away from home. Good location in the suburbs, just of the highway and just a short drive to Downtown. Rooms are great. Extremely spacious with a sitting/lounge area, full kitchen and great king bed. I like the "Apartment" style layout of this property as it limits the typical traffic and noise from people coming and going like a typical building does. BUT, do yourself a favour and ask for a 2nd floor suite. The floors seemed pretty thin, so i could hear the people above walking and moving around.

The property is stating to show its age, and the suites could use some updating, but that being said they are more than comfortable. The beds and linens are new, so good enough for me.

The staff were great when I needed them. Since the layout is more like an apartment complex I didnt need to go through the lobby much, nor did I need much assistance, but if and when I did they were great. The "Social hours" they have during the week are decent, with a variety of food and drink. Wine and beer if the mood strikes.

For a no frills, exactly what you need place to stay, you can't go wrong.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor suite.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed here with my family of 5 in one of their Suites at back, on a second floor. It was a day before Thanksgiving when we need to get together and reunite with some family members coming from Toronto. We love their Suites, with mini kitchen and its complete kitchen tools ... great for big family like ours. Very friendly Staff at front desk, they anticipated our needs. We called for some ice and it was delivered very promptly. Breakfast is included and the assortments of hot waffles and fresh fruits just to name a few, are quite satisfying.

Kids love the LOFT upstairs, it gives us privacy on master bedroom downstairs. We love the set up, their upgraded flat screened TV, and huge bathrooms. WIFI is free. Beddings and pillows are
clean. We had a very comfortable experience in this hotel.

Overall, we love to stay here again when visiting friends from Toronto. And we'll highly recommend to friends and other family members.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family