“Exactly what we needed!”

Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Reviewed November 16, 2008

We stopped here for one night the night before we were flying out of the Buffalo airport. It was perfect for what we needed; quiet, clean, and a great price! We would definately stay here again next time we fly out of Buffalo!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 12, 2008

We have just returned home from a 5-day stay at The Red Roof in Amherst. We are always surprised to see negative reviews about this little gem. Come on, folks, you can't expect The Ritz for $65 a night. What you can expect, and what we have always received, is a friendly, efficient welcome, a spotless (yes, spotless!!) room, very decent furniture, excellent lighting, a comfortable bed, and a fridge and microwave to boot. Although I know the hotel is right across from the University, we have stayed there on many weekends, and personally have never experienced a noise problem. I would suggest to people who travel to Amherst on weekends between September and May that they may want to ask if this is a football/basketball weekend and choose their accommodation based on the answer. If you are looking for a resort hotel with all the amenities and a personal butler, and you think you can find it for $65, please let me know. We have stayed all over the world in almost all the major hotel chains and paid through the nose at many that weren't worth it. If you want safe, clean, comfortable accommodation for a shopping trip, a wedding, a visit with a UB student, a business trip, etc. you will not beat the Amherst Red Roof. Value like this is very hard to find!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 27, 2008

This was my second four-day stay in a year. Once again I was attracted by the rates and location, but this will be the last visit. As was the case during my visit a year ago, the hotel once again attracted a huge crown of late night beer-swilling, shouting and carousing college students who caused a steady stream of complaints at the front desk. It is a bare-bones hotel with reasonably clean rooms but no extras whatsoever. The coffee machine at the reception area broke down during my visit. If you are in Buffalo for an overnight stay during the week it's a decent cheapier but avoid on the weekends when the hotel is always packed with many undersirable guests.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed October 21, 2008

We spent the night at this hotel before flying out of Buffalo. The hotel was nice. The room was clean, it is right off the highway, and it is a short drive from there to the airport. This hotel does not have a shuttle to the airport, but the manager let me leave my car there for 6 days. If you ask to leave your car there for the week to try and save some money at a park n fly closer to the airport, don't bother. Thre is a flat rate in the cab of $15.00 both ways, plus tip, so it's really not worth it, unless you are gone for 2 weeks. I will stay here again if I ever fly out of Buffalo for a trip.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2008

We stayed at this Red Roof in Amherst for the last stop on a two-week road trip. As is usual for a Red Roof, all was clean, attractive, and cheap at $76 for a Friday night. This locations has received the "redesigned and rededicated" treatment making the room more welcoming than usual.

Our only reason for staying here was to visit Niagara Falls 18 miles away. Our GPS made the commute easy, but you may want to consider staying closer to the falls.

Plenty of shopping and restaurants could be found nearby. Easy access to the Thruway. We definitely recommend this location for pleasant sleep. No problems whatsoever.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2008

Nice, clean, quite. Staff is friendly. I was able to book a room much cheaper than what is advised in the various websites.,$59.
There is no breakfast, but, as you know breakfast sucks in many small hotels. There are many places in 5 min drive range where you can have breakfast , lunch or dinner.

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed August 25, 2008

We stayed at the hotel for two nights after dropping my daughter off at UB. I had stayed there for one night in the spring, when we went to visit UB. Each time I found the hotel to be clean , newly renovated and quiet. On the second day we took a trip to Niagra Falls which was a 15 min ride. The price was a bit higher this time , I was told it was because of the time of year with all the students coming back to school. I would stay there again in May when I go to pick her up.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple