“Simple and Clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Simple and Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I booked at this Red Roof Inn over July 4th weekend while visiting family in the area. The room was very well cleaned, which is most important to me when staying at a hotel. Spotless bathroom, clean floor etc. Nice crisp sheets. Surprisingly quiet and peaceful despite being fully booked. I did check out a day early, only because hotels in the area were packed for the holiday weekend, and the cost of the room was off the charts for a RRI. I understand supply and demand, but spending the same amount of money to stay at this hotel as I would for a three star hotel, for a room with no fridge, microwave, or coffee maker, and no breakfast, was a bit over the top. Would definitely recommend for a short stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Suzanne K
RRI104, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review about your stay. Thank you so much for mentioning our clean rooms. Our staff works hard to ensure each guests checks in to a clean and comfortable room. I am sorry to hear that you left a day early due to the rates. As you mentioned our rates do fluctuate during the year. We are confident that our rates still provide our guests with a great value compared to our competitors. Not all of our rooms come with a microwave and fridge but we do have rooms for a slight upcharge that come with those amenities. We have deluxe doubles and Superior Kings that have those amenities you mentioned. We are excited to now have Premium Kings and Double rooms that for a upcharge is a great value. Those Premium Rooms include microwave and mini-fridge, hair dryer, iron and board, in room coffee, extra towels and pillows, a snack box in your fridge. The snack box includes a bottle of water, orange juice, popcorn, two granola bards, and a bag of trail mix. I hope that you stay with us again when you are in the area and hopefully you will try one of our Premium Rooms.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Woodbridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I like this property because of their location to the boulevard mall area and there is lots of parking at this facility. There are two floors but you have to walk up stairs for the 2nd level as there is no elevator. Staff is friendly and helpful at the front desk and even after I asked to change my room to a different location, they did not hesitate to help me find another room to my liking. Rooms have been updated a few years ago and are decent. If you want a mini fridge, you have to upgrade your room. The bed was quite comfortable and new Panasonic flat screen tvs are really a nice touch. I am not sure they thought out the new sink design as it sticks about 4 inches above the counter top and while it worked for me because I am tall, shorter people and kids might have a hard time to reach up for it. For a really quiet room, try asking for a room in the same building as the office and on the same side of the building. The 2nd choice would be the court yard between the buildings. This is a great place for a short stay because their are few amenities, no complimentary breakfast and I only saw a pizza place within walking distance (you really need a car for this location) . Overall I would recommend this place and will be back again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank trek4cs
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review about your experience. We appreciate that you mentioned our great location to the Boulevard Mall. We are also located just a short drive from the Walden Galleria Mall. We hope to see you again next time you are in the area.
Groton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Granted I have had problems with Red Roofs before but this one in Amherst is on top of their game everything was in order the staff was very nice and helpful. Housekeeping did a very good job of keep my room very neat n tidy. I recommend this place to anyone who is look for a short stay in Amherst.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank swapwopjr
RRI104, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience at our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and mentioned our great staff and our clean rooms. I am sorry you have had bad experiences with Red Roof Inn before but I am so glad you decided to give us the chance to change your perception. It is the goal of all Red Roof Inns to make our guest leave knowing they got a clean room at a great price. We recently became a Red Roof Plus which we are very proud of. As a Red Roof Plus we are stepping up our game even more then normal. We are taking customer service to a whole new level. We hope that you will try one of our Premium Rooms during your next stay. Our limited number of Premium Rooms come with Microwave, mini-fridge, In-room coffee, Iron/Ironing Board, hairdryer, Large 37-39" flat screen TV, 36 HD channels and a snack box for each day of your stay. The snack box includes popcorn, trail mix, two granola bars, orange juice and a bottle of water. Once again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

great place to stay overnight if you are planning to go to canada the next day. we had a room on hold in hamilton ontario and decided to stay in the u.s instead. glad we did. ,great value.. rooms are upgraded and big. lisa at the front desk was extremely helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alma l
RRI104, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review about your stay. We are so proud to be a Red Roof Plus. As a Red Roof Plus we offer 24 hour customer service which means if you have any issue during your stay we will make sure it is handled right away. With becoming a Red Roof Plus we now offer Premium Rooms. We have a select number of those rooms and for a small upcharge those rooms include a micro-fridge, extra towels and pillows, iron and board, hairdryer, in -room coffee and a snack box for each day of your stay. The snack box includes a bottle of water, orange juice, microwave popcorn, trail mix and two granola bars. I appreciate you mention my staff member Lisa. she is a valuable member of our team and I will make sure to share your comments with her. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area.
Staten Island, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

After 3 separate stays at the Red Roof in Amherst each time has been worse than the previous time. Our son just finished his 1st year at UB, so over a 9 month period from July 2013 to April 2014 we've stayed 3 times. First visit was fine -- mot the cleanest, but it was fine. Second stay room was less clean that I would have hoped -- we had 2 rooms this time for other family members since it was UB Family Weekend. The floors in both rooms were so dirty - as evidenced by our white socks becoming filthy - that we requested they please clean the rooms with more care while we were out the next day. There seemed to be no real difference the following night. We had to repeatedly request the basics -- toilet tissue & tissues.

Third stay was the worst. Room was again not even close to clean. After our first night we were out of the room all day the next day & when we returned after 10pm that night, the room had never been made up.

We have 3 more years of visiting the area, but I do not plan to stay at the Red Roof again. Perhaps a real cleaning staff may make a difference, but the current employees just aren't keeping up.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank CathyGonz65
RRI104, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review about your stays with us. First let me apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay with us. We take the cleanliness of our rooms very seriously and I am disappointed we did not live up to our standards during your stay. I will make sure to share your comments with my staff to ensure that we correct these issues going forward. I would enjoy the opportunity to speak directly with you about your stay so please feel free to contact me at 716-689-7474. Once again I apologize for your experience and I do hope that you allow us the opportunity to make this right for you.
ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stayed here while my son was at camp at UB, the location was perfect for UB and easy access to Millersport Highway. The staff were friendly and helpful and the motel was very quite, nice not to have hallway noise all night. I have pet allergies and they accommodated my request even though it is pet friendly I didn't have a problem.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. Thank you for mentioning that we have a great location and our friendly staff. We are located across the road from the University at Buffalo which many guests visiting the college find very convenient. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Nothing fancy about the rooms, but clean and surprisingly quiet. Clean bathroom as well. Not very spacious, but fine for sleeping. Very close to the University at Buffalo. It would be nice to have breakfast, but for the price, it was a very good value. They offer a special rate if you have a student at UB. Will stay there everytime we come to UB

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the second floor