“Red Roof Inn - University of Buffalo - Amherst, N.Y. - Excellent Value”

Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I recently attended a seminar at University of Buffalo and decided to stay at the Red Roof Inn based on location and initial price.
I've stay in RRI before, but what I didn't expect was a complete remodeled room that in my opinion was just as good as other hotels at twice the price.

Keep in mind that even at the value price they charge you still get free WiFi, moring coffee at the check in area and a very good room and decent size room. I highly recommend anyone checks this location out next time you are in the area.

The front desk staff were efficient and very curtious and helpful in giving information on local eaties and newby places to go. Very convienent too interstate i90 off the exit, just a short drive. If you are wanting to goto Niagra Falls save your money & stay here as it's only a 20min drive from this location. - FLC (Syracuse, N.Y.)

Room Tip: I believe the reviews speak for themselves. They all appear to be good. Lower level is my preferenc...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
RRI104, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Thank you for deciding to stay with us and taking the time to write a review about your stay. Thank you for mentioning our modern rooms, great location, great value, and friendly staff. My staff really appreciates hearing feedback from our guests so I will make sure to share your review with my staff. Thanks again for staying with us and we can't wait for you to stay with us again.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Clean room nice girl at the front desk but the house keeper went through my stuff and ate some of the food I had in my room I tried to call the desk to complain and was told by the guy that answered he wouldent know anything about it and was completely dismissive. No apology or anything. Other than that this is a solid place to stay

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
RRI104, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review about your stay. We appreciate that you mentioned the clean room and the nice staff when you arrived. I am very sorry about the incident with your food. That has never happened here before and I am shocked that it occurred during your stay. Thank you so much for bringing it to our attention so that I can look into the details of what happened. Once again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I recently stayed at the University of Buffalo Red Roof in Amherst, NY. I was pleasantly surprised to see how clean the rooms were. The price is right and the locations is great. The staff was very friendly. A member of the housecleaning staff noticed that I was looking for a way to walk over to the nearest Starbucks. She told me what direction to take and I thought that was so sweet of her, because she could have just ignored me. I will definitely be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I felt that the room at the very end of the hotel was nicely located and very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for staying with us an taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am so pleased to hear that a member of my housekeeping staff was able to help you find the best possible route to get the Starbucks. We also appreciate you mentioning our clean rooms, great price, and nice location. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

The Red Roof Inn at Buffalo Amherst exceeded our expectations. For a price well under $100, we got an extremely clean and updated room. The room was spacious enough to accommodate the 4 of us easily. The front desk and housekeeping staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating. The hotel is within walking distance from a local pizza shop and a pub. Our entire stay was very comfortable and relaxing. For the price, this is one of the better "budget" hotel stays I have had. I would go back myself, so I definitely recommend this property.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
RRI104, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

We want to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write a review our inn. Thanks for mentioning our clean rooms, affordable prices, and our great location. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed there for 3 nights while attending a youth hockey tournament. The rooms were clean and nicely updated. It was very convenient with an outside entrance to be able to carry everything directly to your room. The saff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The price was great. Would highly recommend this place. Very convenient to shops/restaurants/skating.

Room Tip: Bottom floor is easiest if you have a lot of bags.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to write a review about your stay. We truly enjoyed having your team stay with us during the recent hockey tournament. Congratulations again to the St. Lawrence Thunder for bringing home the state title. Good luck in the upcoming national tournament. We appreciate you mentioning our friendly staff and our great prices. On again thank you and good luck at your next tournament.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

The staff at this hotel were great.The room was very clean, modern and warm.This hotel is close to Boulevard Mall and 15 mins from Eastern Hills Mall.There are numerous restaurants in the area and within walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review about your experience. We appreciate that you mentioned our clean rooms and friendly staff. The staff works hard to make each guests experience the best it can be. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Found this place on trip-advisor. Within 15 minutes I was in my room. The staff was very friendly, kind, and fast. It is the newest renovated Red Roof Inn and you can't beat it for the price. Beds were clean and comfortable. The bathroom and sink were also clean. I would definitely stay here again when passing through Buffalo. Also, it is very close to campus for visiting.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
RRI104, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us and writing a review about your experience. We appreciate that you mentioned our friendly staff, affordable price, and clean rooms. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Just so you know we are getting ready to add more "WOW" to our guests experiences. For a small upcharge we will have some rooms at the inn converted to Premiuim rooms. Those rooms will come wth added amenities such as a snack box in the room with water,juice, microwave popcorn, trail mix and a granola bar. Our Premium rooms will also have an extra pillow, iron and ironing board, hair dryers,and microfridges. We are committed to adding more "WOW" to all of our guests experiences.