“Thanks to Shawn G”

Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Spent 6 nights at this hotel, the staff was helpful and courteous, the Manager Shawn G went out of his way to make sure my stay was pleasant and uneventful. He needs to be considered for employee of the year. The room was clean and quiet. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
RRI104, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write such a nice review. We apprecate that you mentioned our clean and comfortable rooms. Also, thank you so much for the kind words it truly was a pleasure meeting you and your family. I hope your mom is doing well. Good luck with your son and remember if he makes it to the NHL I'll be there to see him when he comes to Buffalo.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We came to the Red Roof Inn for overnight getaway for the famiy. It was clean comfortable and a really good price. Parking was convenient an the room was execllent for a budget hotel chain . When we needed extra towels the desk clerk hand delivered them. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review about our inn. Thanks for mentioning our clean comfortable rooms at an affordable price. I am glad to hear that my dtaff was able to quickly get you the extra towels you needed during your stay. I will make sure to share your comments with my staff. We always enjoy hearing how our guests stays were. We hope to see you again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at Red Roof Inn - Amherst for over 25 years, and very much like the property anyway, but this past Saturday night showed us incredible customer service. I didnt realize that Red Roof did not have my mastercard information, so my rooms got cancelled at 8pm, which should of happened. This was completely my mistake. Mike had called me at home asking me if I am coming, but i did not check my messages. At 11pm when we arrived, Mike sadly told us that the rooms gone and rented. I realized then that my Redi Card was not lilnked to my mastercard info so they could not charge the rooms to anything. He felt quite bad, but he actually got us a room (that was without a TVset), at that point I was only hoping to find lodging, and couldnt care less about the TV. We had a guest with us, so Mike made sure that we had enough bedding and pillows to try and fit us in. I think this type of employee should not only be recognized, but certainly rewarded. He went over and above what he had to do. Some hotels would of simply said, sorry, but we are sold out. He didnt do that. As I was coming in to the reception area, another guest looked at me and said - this guy is outstanding. He was talking about Mike. Cudos to the Red Roof Amherst for hiring a top quality employee like this. Many customer service reps could learn a lesson from him. This is not just a job to him. He wants people to be happy with their stay and we certainly were.

Room Tip: Book ahead on Red Roof website to make sure you get a room. This Red Roof is in a very popular area...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
RRI104, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write such a nice review about our property and our employee. I am sorry about the confusion with your renovation but I am so very glad Mike handled the situation so well. Mike has been a great addition to our team and has quickly become a favorite of our guests. I will make sure to share your comments with him so that he knows his hard work does not go unnoticed. Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 10 days while waiting for our house to close. Great price on our room and we enjoyed our stay. It is well run and maintained. The room we had was newly renovated. Laminated, clean, wood floors, comfy king size bed and pillows. Large desk to work at. Yes, the bathroom was small but the water pressure was good and that is important to us. Amy, at the front desk, was very accomodating and personable. We did not use housekeeping on a daily basis to save energy, but did ask for clean towels. They also were very nice and accomodating. The location is fantiastic....a short drive to Niagara Falls, near UB, a large mall and great restuarants. It's central location makes it a plus, regardless of where you need to go. I have since recommended this hotel to many people. We are returning to Amherst in a few weeks and will be booking another stay here. This particular Red Roof is a great place to stay. We will continue to stay here when we come back to the Buffalo area. The only reason I did not rate this hotel "excellent" is b/c it obviously does not have some amenities offered in other hotels (pool, complimentary breakfast, gym.) That aside, it is an excellent choice for your money.

Room Tip: I'm not certain if all the rooms were renovated. I know the "business class" room we...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us and writing such a ncie review of our property. We appreciate you mentioning our newly remodeled rooms and our great service from our employees like Amy. She is for sure an asset to our company. Our remodeled rooms have new flat screen televisions, new flooring, mattresses, and furniture. Once again thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is just a basic hotel. No breakfast or pool, but it is clean and comfortable. The only issue we had was there was no hot water in the morning. Also, the bathroom is very small. Overall it is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review about our property. I am sorry about the issue with the hot water. It has been fixed as we had both of our boilers worked on for preventative maintenance to ensure they are always working at full capacity. Thank you for mentioning that our rooms are very clean. Our housekeepers work very hard to ensure the rooms look great for our guests.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The hotel looked as though it had recently been updated. Even though all the rooms faced to the parking lot, it was very quiet. It was clean, beds comfortable and the furniture was all in very good shape and really looked nice. The floors were some kine of laminate hardwood that looked nice. I'd say this place was above average to very good for similar type hotels. It's a 2-star type hotel that was very well.

Check in was fast and easy, they had everything ready for us.

We were just staying overnight, but it was a nice stay. I'd recommend it as a place that seemed safe and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
RRI104, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write such a nice review about our inn. We appreciate that you mentioned our newly renovated rooms, our good price, and our location. We did recently remodel all of our rooms. They now have the new laminate like flooring you mentioned, flat screen televisions, new mattresses, and furniture. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again next time you are in our area.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel was good, the room and the washrooms were clean. The staff was pleasant and helpful, i stayed there for 2 night and it was great. The nearby areas are good and you can find decent restaurants around if you don't wish to have food in the hotel. This hotel is not far from Niagara falls and located at very decent place. The rooms look renovated with all basic facilities available in it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
RRI104, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the tiem to write a review about our property. We apprecaite that you mentioned our clean rooms, friendly staff, and our great location near many major attractions including Niagara Falls. Our rooms are recently renovated with new mattresses, furniture, televisions, and flooring in our rooms. Once again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area.