DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for the first time and had the most amazing and comfortable stay. The welcoming was so warm that inspite of the freezing weather it was the most warm and friendly place we could ever think of. The front staff especially the ever sweet SHADAE was so helpful and friendly that it felt like home. Not only did they make us feel welcome but gave us a great room with good facilities and to top it all the most delicious hot cookies on arrival. Thanks SHADAE to make our stay so comfortable and warm. All the other housekeeping and cafe and room service staff were also very helpful and prompt in service. Highly recommend this hotel for everyone.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rohinton V
TMolendaInnKeeper, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Hello Rohinton V,

Thank you for taking the time to write and submit your review. I agree Shadae is a very friendly young lady and receives many compliments regarding her helpfulness. I will make sure to share this review with her and provide her with a gift for having her name personally mentioned in this review. We appreciate all your positive feedback and your recommendation to all of the readers here.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed one night for grandsons hockey tournament, the staff was the freindliest and most accomadating I have ever met.The hotel room was spotless and smelled so fresh, the whole facility was mantained to perfection and clean.I will stay at this chain of hotels in my future travel and will go back to this one anytime no hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Hello Trip Advisor Member,

I like your review title!! Very nice, thank you. I was glad to hear you were happy with our friendliness and cleeanliness, two pretty important attributes for a hotel and always good to hear when we positively impacted someones visit.

We hope to see you again for your next tournament here in Buffalo.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

From the front desk, maintenance, servers to cleaning personnel and everyone we encountered, had a genuine kindness and desire to help. My assumption is great management trickles down. They do a superior job at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joseph G

Hi Joseph G,

Thank you for the nice review and for sharing your opinion of our hotel to the millions of people who read these reviews. I never tire of hearing when we satisfy a guest.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I had stayed here for a trip to Niagara falls, stayed for a day in this hotel and stayed for single days in different hotels due to unavailabilty during May month.. Its really good hotel with Warm welcome.. I particularly like Double Tree brand in the Hilton group.. they way they welcome with the warm cookie is really good.. Overall the hotel was quite good and we had a decent stay...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Hello DuraimuruganTM,

Thank you for the nice review. I was pleased to hear that you stayed with us during your Niagara Falls trip as we are only about 20 minutes from the falls. Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay and "The Cookie"!

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I ended up staying here when I got stranded for work due to recent storm. The staff was wonderful and the rooms were nice. Only complaint is just a personal preference the rooms did not have carpet which was ok just haven't been in a hotel like that before and the bathroom was alittle small. The door is super close to the toilet. It's close to a lot of restaurants and they have a shuttle and I would recommend using it as it made it easy not to dive any where. They have a nice little bar with a place to sit down for meals. I didn't try their food, just because the food in the area is amazing and I would not waste a meal on hotel food.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
TMolendaInnKeeper, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Hello Cck02,

Thank you for the nice title and nice review. I appreciated you pointing out our great staff and some of our added amenities. The hard wood floors are one of those items that some people like and some people just are not accustomed to, our reasoning for that surface application is to promote a cleaner and less allergenic environment. I was glad to hear you had a chance to get out in our neighborhood and try some of the area options for dining.

Hope you can visit again soon.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

This hotel is just plain lovely. The staff was friendly and courteous. Our room was really nice and very clean. I ordered a few drinks and a cheese tray on line before our arrival, and they were in our fridge when we arrived. The cheese tray and drinks were excellent! I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
TMolendaInnKeeper, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Hello Steve F,

I see you are one of our neighbors from up north, thank you for staying with us and for the very nice review. I appreciated you sharing all the positives you experienced during your stay and I will make sure to share this review with our team here.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We travel with our cat from Buffalo back to Florida and stayed for the first time at this hotel. We were delighted that the room had no pet odors or disinfectant type smells! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Susan L E,

Thank you for your review and hope you and the cat made it home safe. We have a very good system in place for cleaning and deoderizing pet use rooms so than kyou for noticing. We have always offered pet friendly rooms and do our very best to keep them neutral in scent.

Have a Great Day.