“Pleasant Stay, Nice Hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Amherst
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Pleasant Stay, Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Last minute overnight get away, we stopped in and got a room. Front desk staff were very friendly and professional. We got a great recommendation for a local restaurant that was fantastic. Everyone we encountered from front desk to cleaning staff were very nice. A refreshing change from other hotels. We knew the price was considerably more than other area hotels but wanted to get away from lower end hotels with outdated facilities and screaming children. Our room was updated and clean. My only critcisms are the lack of a fridge in the room, for the price I would have expected this. Also, the sound travelled from the hallway, the elevator and ice machine were very loud so we had to leave the a/c fan running to drown out the noise. I would ask not to be near an elevator or ice machine next time. Still, overall a very nice stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Fayetteville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

MaryBeth was very accomodating and helpful,she let us checked in early. The staff were very friendly and helpful.The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Double tree in AMherst will be the hotel to stay when we visit our 2 kids at UB. Thanks

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Appenzell, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is: the floors in the room are aout of (fake) wood and not carpet and this makes the room 1000 times cleaner! This being said, other features are also very positive. I finally found a Hilton-family hotel which recognizes statue. Hilton affiliated are particularly bad at it, although it works way better in the US than in Europe (where status recognition does not exist) or Asia (where it's minmal). This doubletree just does it: I was greeted by name, in the room there were snacks and water bottles ready, as I checked out they thanked my for the loyalty...
The hotel as such is straightforward: Rooms are large, well furnished and the hotel has a small bar/restaurant.
There is no fridge or microwave in the room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank philosion
TMolendaInnKeeper, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Hello Philosion,

Thank you for sharing your comments on our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed our hardwood floors and more importanly our culture. DoubleTree by Hilton, "Where the Little Things Mean Everything", is not just a saying, it truly has a resonating impact on our team and thought process.

Your opinion matters and we appreciate you sharing.

Safe Travels,

Elora, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

As to be expected the staff were very nice and helpful but the fit an finish of the facility here in Amherst is way below the typical standard of a Double Tree that I have come to expect. I felt cheated out of a usual "WOW" factor which is sad as I now wonder going forward about my next Double Tree stay and if I should look else where.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Paul S,

Thank you for the review. I am glad you found our team to be helpful and nice. I am concerned with the comments pertaining to the "finish" of the hotel and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss with you further.

I can be reached by the means listed below, and I look forward to speaking with you.

716.689.0015
tmolenda@harthotels.com
Lisle, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights to attend a family event in the area. The hotel is located in a cluster of other hotels very close to I-290 northeast of downtown Buffalo. The rooms aren't as large as the pictures on their website seem to indicate, but part of that is because the room had 2 queen size beds vs. 2 double beds as many hotels sometimes contain, which is a definite plus. The room also had a fake hardwood floor which made the room slightly noisy. The bathroom area was on the small side and there were no towel bars at the sink, so there was nowhere to put a towel. The room seemed clean, and despite the hotel being full we didn't really hear any hallway noises while we were there.

When we turned on the TV, only the audio worked. The maintenance man came to our room promptly and mumbled something about how that always happens and you just needed to hold a button on the side of the TV while pushing the power button. He got it working, and when we went to watch the TV again the same thing happened. We eventually figured out what button to hold to get the picture back on the screen, but needless to say this shouldn't be how an above average hotel operates.

We went down and looked at the indoor pool, which was a nice size, but the water seemed very cloudy and indicated a lack of maintenance.

Overall for what we paid for the room, the quality of the room and the other facilities should have been better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello LisleFamilyof4,

Thank you for sharing your review. Yes, all of our Double Rooms come with Queen Beds rather than the normal "double" beds and our guests seem to appreciate the extra room. We are also contemplating adding a second area rug to the hardwood floor area to help with the noise. There is a pad underneath the floor for sound absorbtion. We have several TV's in the hotel that do not seem to repond well with our new receiver system which sends the DIrect TV programming to the actual television. We are aware of this issue and have been replacing the TV's as needed. Even better, the replacement TV's are 42" which are larger than our existing televisions. Lastly our pool is monitored three times per day for chemical levels and clarity, I am unsure if you reported this to our manager on duty as if we notice any problems we immediately try and rectify them.

I hope my explanations helped, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Jersey City, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

stayed for 2 nights, asked for upgrade and was denied flat out (checked on there website and many suites were avaiable), speaking about the room, the standard room has no fridge, microwave, locker...these are basic amenities i want in a hotel...bathroom was not clean...could see hair in all corners...staff was rude...even though i booked room for 3 members they handed out only 2 breakfast coupons. dont think will waste my points here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hi Vikasm143,

Thank you for sharing your review and for being an HHonors Member. We appreciate your loyalty. I am somewhat puzzled on the upgrade and showing plenty of suites available. We have 6 suites in the hotel which are used mainly during the week soley for HHonors upgrades and they are usually sold out on the weekends. We also have some other room types that can be considered upgrades like our King Executives, or our King Deluxe with refrigerator and microwaves however these rooms do sell very quickly, so I do apologize for not being able to offer the upgrade on this trip. I understand the breakfast coupon confusion, as each coupon is in fact valid for Two(2) HHonor Breakfasts.

Kindly advise if you would like to discuss further as I would be happy to listen and hopefully move forward.

Enjoy the Day.

tmolenda@harthotels.com
716.689.0015
Syracuse, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Had a very pleasant stay at Double Tree! We in town for a Soccer Tournament and though we paid a little more for our stay, we were very pleased with accommodations. I was traveling with three teenage girls and I felt very safe staying here. We Didn't stay for long, so we didn't get to use all that the hotel had to offer, but everything else was very nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends