“Staff is super friendly.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Krystal and Carrie make mealtimes fun. There is always such a positive energy in the cafe. Krystal is fun and provides great service. Carrie keeps everything running smoothly and neatly. Rooms are clean and the beds are comfy.

• Stayed: February 2013
TMolendaInnKeeper, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Hello BlueBus Traveler,

What a nice review title.....thank you for sharing. I believe you hit the nail right on the head in your description of our Cafe, Krystal and Carrie. You summed it up perfectly. We have been building a new Cafe team now for several months and our efforts are truly starting to show. I am glad you are pleased with our service levels, and we hope to have you back soon. Please ask for me as I would like the opportunity to thank you in person.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Great place to end the work week at the Lobby Bar, warm and friendly staff, great atmosphere, I would definitely go back again and again. Its nice to find a place to relax when traveling that offers good food and drinks. Thanks to Holly, Brandy, Diana. Never a dull moment.

Hello BullyB123,

What a great review. Thank you for sharing your experience with our facility and our food and beverage team members. They are truly a great group who can balance service and culture very well all while trying to have some fun in their place of work. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I've been at this hotel's friendly and warm lobby bar a few times, but this week was an especially good experience thanks to Holly who was very attentive to me and most importantly my client. It was clear based on the reaction of several others at the bar that Holly is well known and liked by all of the hotel guests. She's a true asset to the company and i look forward to my next visit to this excellent business traveler hotel. Be sure to stop by the bar during your stay for some great service from Holly. She's lovely and a real delight.

Hello Mots_13,

I was pleased to hear you enjoyed the service you received at our lobby bar and especially for mentioning Holly specifically. I will be sure to recognize her for her efforts and great guest services. It was also nice to read that Holly was able to read your situation with your client and apply services corectly based on the needs of that environment. Kudos to her and thank you sharing with our many review readers.

Safe Travels.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Excellent location for this hotel in close proximity to shopping, restaurants and university
Hotel features a good sized pool and whirlpool although was not working during our visit(whirlpool), not impressed with food being brought into pool area - family was there with pizza, pop & wine (not good)
The hotel staff are very friendly and have lots to offer for advice for things to do in the area, free wifi
Restaurant onsite with free complimentary cookies and can't go wrong with starbucks brewed on premise, we ended up going to Ihop for breakfast
Our double queen bedroom was ok size, some new coriander flavored shampoos, lotions & soaps - floor is laminate (faux wood) - which isn't as warm as carpet but must be better for hygiene reasons, shower curtain could have been better designed
Beds are very comfortable
Restaurants near by (Red Robin, Friendlys, Joe Crab Shack, Ihop, Chijis, McDonalds, Dennys, Wegmans Market Cafe)
Mall is 3 minutes away (Boulevard) -Burlington Coat Factory on main road Niagara Falls Blvd and Dicks is on Maple Road

Room Tip: Room facing inner hotel parking lots better if you don't like to hear noise from expressway
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Hi VFCO,

I would like to first thank you for submitting your review. It was kind of you to point out so may of the area attractions and close proximity to them. Kindly remember on your nxt visit that we offer a 24 hour, 7 day a week complimentay shuttle within a 5 mile radius of the hotel, which comes in handy on shopping trips or simply heading out to dinner. We do allow food and beverage into the pool area for added family fun, as long as there are no glass containers and it is purchased through the hotel. I agree on it being a benefit to have Starbucks on site in our Cafe, global brand recognition, and a great product for our many guests. Yes, the laminate floors do offer a cleaner look and are more sanitary than carpeting, we are investigating adding a second area rug to the rooms for added comfort.

I hope I addressed the areas in which you had some concerns and welcome you back personally to our hotel and Western New York.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Today is my second night at the Double Tree - Amherst and I was hoping to stay longer. I travel 2-3 weeks out of every month so I get my fair share of bad customer service. I cannot say anything bad about my stay here at this hotel. Diana, Watress at Cappuccino's, certainly made my stay enjoyable. As I am crunching work tasks through my busy week it is always helpful to have some good interaction with someone. Someone to help you decide dinner or dessert. Some one to treat you with outstanding customer service. Diana did just that. We actually had very indepth conversations during a late night dinner and it was comforting to "get away" from work for a minute, enjoy a few cups of tea, and a great meal. It isn't very often that you can say you have experience great customer service, but today, I did. Thank you Diana! I will come back just to see and talk to you! Enjoy the outdoors when the weather gets warmer!

Room Tip: Only experienced one room. It was good.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We decided to stay at this hotel after reading some reviews here and elsewhere. The photos shared are exactly what you will see/get once you arrive. This was the first trip into the US for our family of 4. It was the best choice I made the whole trip. Check-in was quick(treated to some awesome fresh cookies), the 2 queen bed room was gorgeous, a little tight for the amount of furniture in the room. Wish there were two chairs at the desk/table for the us/kids to snack or keep busy with activities instead of the office type reclining chair. I was more concerned the whole time with them snacking and watching TV and playing games on the beds which are entirely dressed in white. They enjoyed late night swimming pool time, a little frigid perhaps, but they joined dad in the hot tub to warm up. We also took the breakfast option on booking. We envisioned the buffet breakfast that the description gave, but were treated to a sit down breakfast instead which was fabulous. The two young boys staffing the coffee counter and restaurant seemed in over their heads when the place reached capacity. We had a 30 minute wait for food and had to get up to get cream, sugar, stir sticks and napkins ourselves during the meal. A single cook in the kitchen was the explanation. But I saw a lot of effort for those boys having to go the long way around the lobby bar to get to the kitchen and counter and back and forth. They could use a short cut flip up countertop at the coffee bar to save the long trip and the increase in time it brings to serve patrons. Check-out was smooth. No surprises. Complimentary wi-fi was a great treat for the boys who had their iPods in the room and the wife who had her iPad at the pool. Very clean from what we saw. Would have loved to have a mini-fridge in the room. But all constructive criticism. We thought this place was absolute comfort away from home.

Room Tip: We opted for a second floor room on check-in. Our first room 103 is right off the lobby and the bar...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I've been at the Doubletree for 8 days for business and I'm checking out tomorrow. I'm from the south and I dread traveling up north during this time of year but the staff has been simply amazing, especially Holly and Brandy! When I'm too cold to go out for dinner, I just go downstairs and eat at the bar and those two have gone out of their way to make me feel welcome! Plus the rooms are warm and cozy!

• Stayed: February 2013