“Beautiful Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Canal Fulton, Ohio, USA
“Beautiful Hotel”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel in November 2012. The staff was all very friendly, the room was clean and spacious. The rooms have hardwood floors and I was originally afraid that I wouldn't like them and would find them cold, but the opposite is true. The wood floors instead of carpet was actually a refreshing change of pace, and while cooler than carpet they weren't cold. The bed was very comfortable and provided a good night's sleep. The hotel was located near some restaurants which offered us a couple of different options for dinner. When in Buffalo I would definately chose to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TMolendaInnKeeper, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Hi Teri G,

We are glad you like the hard wood floors in our guest rooms. We agree, they are clean, unique, and offer a different feel upon arrival into the guest room. As far as the bed is concerned, I have been in the hospitality business for 29 years, and I purchased the exact bed package for my home, so I agree 100% with your positive comments on the quality which exists in this area of our guest rooms.

Thank you for you review and your time.

Proud Member of the DoubleTree by Hilton CARE Community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Delhi, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The room was clean and large. There was only one chair in the room and it was very uncomfortable. The sink is outside of the toilet/shower area which is a disadvantage to me. (I don't like being wakened during the night when someone uses the sink). The staff was very friendly and the warm cookies served at check-in were awesome. We didn't use the pool or dining room. Great location for shopping.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Hello Mickeyb40,

Thanks for the nice review, and for your time. We use these reviews as a tool to assist us in providing better services and amenities to our many guests. May I suggest on your next visit to request a room in which the sink is in the bathroom. We have several room types in the hotel, and I apologize for your particular guest room layout not being pleasing to you. Simply email me directly for your next visit and I can go through the options with you.

Thank you again for the nice review.

Proud Member of the DoubleTree by Hilton CARE Community
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed on level two for three nights in early October 2012. Got a cookie when I checked in. The room was decent, nothing special but clean and comfortable. The walls were a bit thin where I could hear the my neighbor's shower and TV early in the morning through the walls.

The staff was generally friendly and ever-willing to help where possible. I had breakfast in the morning at the cafe up front. Food was OK, nothing special. Coffee was better as they use Starbucks beans. Prices were reasonable. I had in-room dining as well. Again, nothing special but edible.

The gym was quite modern and had the right ambiance. I did not feel too stuffy in there.

There is complementary transfer services to and from the airport as well as free shuttle services to the local shops such as Toys-R-Us, Macy's, etc.

Room Tip: Get corner rooms at the higher levels. Avoid rooms along the ground floor corridor from the lobby ar...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I recently stayed in a king room on the third floor. The room seemed ok, at first. However, the bathroom looked like a former crime scene. There was a mysterious reddish-brown handprint on the wall by the shower, and whitish stains all over the wall next to the toilet. I also noticed my shoes stuck to the laminate floor. After drving a long distance, and having unpacked, I was too tired to switch rooms. I have stayed at other Doubletree properties and this one definitely was subpar. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Vjayers
TMolendaInnKeeper, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Hello Vjayers,

Thank you for submitting your review. I truly wish I had the opportunity to speak with you prior to you checking out and would like to apologize for the issues you have presented here.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your stay so I can determine the room number and more information as I do not have any documentation at the hotel noting these problems.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

716.689.0015
tmolenda@harthotels.com
Toronto, Canada
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,309 helpful votes
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My wife and I are just back from a trip to Buffalo and environs. The main focus was architecture but we also decided to float around between hotels and the Doubletree in Amherst was one. The welcome was warm and so was the cookie of course. The suite that they upgraded us to was massive, clean and comfortable. It had a full kitchen so we went to a nearby grocery store and ate supper in the room. There is a nice little restaurant in the lobby that is fine for breakfast. The hotel is near the SUNY Buffalo campus and not too far from the airport. All in all this place is a very good pick for a stay in Buffalo.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JamesII
Hello JamesII,

Thank you for posting your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your upgrade and our accommodations. We view these reviews as affirmation that we are doing our part to ensure our guests complete satisfaction. Your comments are appreciated and helpful.

Safe Travels,

Lancaster, NY
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is only the second time I have stayed at a DoubleTree, so I did not remember that we were supposed to receive cookies upon our arrival - which we DID NOT! I asked the following morning, but they didn't have any ready yet. Also, we are Hilton Honors members (both my husband and I) and are used to receiving free continental breakfast at HHonors hotels. This DoubleTree does not offer a free continental breakfast but offered a pricey cafe with little selection. Ended up going out for breakfast. Bathroom and fridge were extremely small. Had trouble getting 3 bottles of water placed in the refrigerator so that they wouldn't roll out and hit the floor when the door was opened. Was very disappointed considering the price and reputation of DoubleTree.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Eimac C,

Thank you for posting your review. I must say I was somewhat suprised at reading that you did not receive a cookie at check in, nor were you able to get one the next morning since we are baking approximately 5,000 of them monthly. I can assure you this is truly an anomaly and I would appreciate the opportunity to ship you a canister of our cookies on me. Our goal is to welcome every guest entering our building with a warm fresh baked chocolate and walnut cookie.

I also see that you mentioned not receiving a complimentary continental breakfast. All Hilton Honors Diamond Members are to receive this as a standard, Gold members have either a choice of the Continental Breakfast or 1000 bonus honor points, Silver and Blue members unfortunately are not eligible for these items. If you qualified for this and did not receive it I would like to know so I can provide you with the appropriate reimbursement.

Kindly telephone or email when you have a moment.

Thank you.

716.689.0015
tmolenda@harthotels.com
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The hotel restaurant had just close and myself and my coworkers were hungry the first employee told you us that they had just close. And told us that there was a restaurant nearby that's open. Then we found out it was closed as well. Then Mario came up and said im sorry about the inconvenience and I will cut the oven on and make you ladies some food. He showed us impeccable customer service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jaclyn b
TMolendaInnKeeper, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Hello Jaclyn b,

Thank you for sharing your review with everyone. Guest service is the backbone of our business and our culture. I was very pleased and proud to read your comments about our team member and will make it a point to personally thank him and recognize him for his added efforts.

Thank you again for your time.