“a little disappointed”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
“a little disappointed”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We decided to go here because its in the Hilton Family. but the beds were not typical hilton and a lot of things including the toilet was out of order and they did not repair it till we were leaving andd had to use the lobby washroom.
We contacted the manager about this during and after we left, but they did not return our email or phone call.... we had the feeling that they did not care, just give us the money and leave...
NO we will not return there. .
This place was recommended when it was the indigo. very dissappointed with this hilton venue

Room Tip: make sure everything works in the room before unpacking, and make sure the bed to to your comfort.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank stanley51
TMolendaInnKeeper, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Hello Stanley 51,

Thank you for writing and sharing your review. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay and the bedding system which we have installed. I would also like to apologize for the out of order issues you experienced with us. As we were going through the conversion there were some unexpected bumps in the road which we have been addressing as fast as possible.

Thanks again for your time and I look forward to speaking with you.

716.689.0015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Toronto
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Having read some of the negative reviews of this hotel, I was pleasantly surprised. From the first greeting of the front desk staff to the size and cleanliness of the room, everything exceded my expectations. It was a great experience!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ballenis
Hi Ballenis,

Thank you for submitting your review and for experiencing our hotel for yourself. During our transition from a Hotel Indigo to a DoubleTree by Hilton we did in fact experience some challenges which unfortunately had a negative impact on some of our guests. We have worked diligently in getting these areas completed. I am glad you had the opportunity to see and experience our hotel in the manner in which we inted.

Safe Travels,

Toronto
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed two nights during a hockey tournament. No problem whatsoever. Staff were very pleasant, food was excellent in the tiny hotel restaurant. Well situated for shopping. People we met were very accommodating. No complaints. Will return.

Room Tip: Ground floor room was very handy!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Glenmorcanada
Hello Glenmorcanada,

Thanks for summing up your visit with us as positive. I am also glad you mentioned our restaurant as we just introduced our all new Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner menus.

Hope to see you at the next hockey tournament.

Lakewood, Ohio
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

I guess i was expecting more from a Double Tree. Greeted by a friendly staff and went to my room only to hear a dog howling and barking somewhere on my floor. Luckilly, I had to leave because I'm not sure I could have listen to that dog all evening. On my return and opening the outer door to the building, water was pouring from a 2nd floor air conditioner right onto the door and walkway getting you wet. The carpet was SOAKING wet in the hallway due to this leaking unit. Everything else was ok, nothing really impressed me.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DrDialtone2001
washington, DC
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I am sitting in the Double Tree that switched from Hotel Indigo as I write this. Although the staff is nice, the property is dirty and housekeeping is poor. Floor was not cleaned during stay, and under the bed hasn't been cleaned in a while. Shower floor is ground with dirt and windows haven't beem finished around edges- showing bad paint job and peeling wallpaper.
I also believe that security is poor because a rug was wet in my room when I got back from dinner and a drawer was pulled out while I was gone. Electronic key monitor showed nothing- but how does a rug get wet when I am not there?
Even though it switched ownership recently, I would never stay at a hotl indigo or double tree again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank hockeymom9
New Castle, Delaware
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband checked into this hotel on a business trip on April 16th and stayed for 3 nights. No problems while here HOWEVER....he brought home some unexpected guests. YES....BED BUGS!!!!! Since this is the ONLY hotel my husband has stayed at in years...we are CERTAIN that our unwanted guests hitchiked their way to our home from this facility. It has cost us ALOT of money with a professional exterminator to try and rid our home of these pests. Today my husband contacted the hotel to let them know and he was told that this hotel has NEVER had any Bed Bug problems. Funny thing is.....I am reading on here that other people actually saw the bugs in their beds while staying here and the manager has actually responded on here. We are not done making sure that everyone considering staying in this hotel knows about the bugs and how the hotel tried to lie about having them!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
15 Thank Stephanie S
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I normally read the reviews and now I feel that it's time to contribute. I first want to say that I am a flight attendant and stay at a bunch of hotels. This hotel was converted to a Doubletree from a Hotel Indigo and you can tell that it was a quick changeover since some of the items in the rooms haven't been changed yet. The stay started out getting to the airport where the shuttle to the hotel was waiting for us. The driver (who insisted that we call him "Nick at Nite") was quiet and didn't say a word to us the whole drive. When we got to the hotel the woman behind the desk was kind and helpful. The first thing I noticed when I entered my room was the toilet running as I opened the door, but luckily I jiggled the handle and it stopped. There were loud kids running through the halls with no parents but after a call to the desk they were sent back to their rooms. The beds are super comfy and once I laid down, I was out for the night. Another great thing the hotel has is an A/C that cools the room to 60 degrees (I like it at 64 at night). When I woke up the next morning I had a hot shower and a great cup of coffee that I made in the room. I thought about getting some breakfast delivered to my room but with the prices the way they are (higher prices but normal for hotels) I went out for breakfast with some coworkers instead. They do have the shuttle available to take you to shops and restaurants in the area so we had the driver (Lamont) take us. We had to wait for an extra minute for him to finish telling a story to his coworker but we did get there. We went to the mall which is about a mile away from the hotel which is convenient to walk to in nice weather. When I called for a pickup, the girl who answered the phone (don't know her name) told me that they were in the middle of shift change and it would be a few minutes more. The driver (Fred) picked me up about 10 minutes later and was talkative and nice, but when we got back to the hotel and I gave him a tip ($1) I heard him say under his breath "figures". After I changed back into my uniform, I came down early to be able to stop and get a bite before I had to go back to the airport. There we encountered our driver to the airport (a different Nick), and he seemed friendly and helpful. He is actually why I am writing this review. On our way to the airport we hit rush hour traffic, and alot of people that didn't know how to drive in it. We were cut off by a driver and he then slammed on his brakes, but Nick swerved out of harms way dodging 3 more cars and holding me from falling forward (didn't wear my seatbelt), after all that he apologized to us even though it wasn't his fault. I felt blessed that I got back to the airport safely. I would recommend this hotel if you want a great sleep. If you need to be driven somewhere safely, then request Nick!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business