“Best Custard in NY”

Anderson's Frozen Custard
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Amherst
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Favorite place to visit when visiting Buffalo!! Yummy Custard!! Recommend the Turtle Sundae! Hot Fudge is the best!!

Always quick and friendly service!!

Only thing that would make it better would be for them to put a restaurant / ice cream place in Sarasota!!

Reviewed July 25, 2014

When I saw this place had good ratings for its beef-on-weck AND ice cream, I knew that I'd be making a pit stop here on my way home from Niagara Falls. The place is very clean and well kept. This was a nice little oasis off of the hectic Niagara Falls Blvd.

The beef was pretty good. Not Schwabl's or Charlie's good, but I enjoyed it. I would've preferred to put on my own horseradish, since I thought there was a little too much for my liking, but the sandwich was very good.

I also got a vanilla soft-serve cone which was a lot better than I expected. Great consistency and flavor throughout.

I have to go back to try their ices and hard ice cream--so yes, there will be a return visit!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Following a ted's dog across the street, dessert is always the large original Italian Ice poured from a spikot not scooped. The place now offers savory foods as well as exotic ice creams but I like the old basic.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stopped in here for a light dinner and ice cream, early one Saturday evening. We enjoyed the Carl's choice, 6 ounce beef on weck. The beef was tender and the roll was delicious. We ordered at the counter, got a table and the order was up quickly. After the sandwiches and onion rings, we decided on a couple of ice cream sundaes to take with us. There is a nice selection of ice cream flavors to choose from. Both of us enjoyed our sundaes, even though there was just too much to eat! The place appears to be a local favorite. Lots of kids with their families. Not a quiet or low key place. Just lots of good food, ice cream and fun!

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We went 'just' for ice cream after dinner. The ice cream two of us had was delicious; the ice was fine. I'd suggest a couple of sugar-free selections for those of us who are trying to cut down on calories!