“Great atmosphere”

Brodo
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Very nice restaurant, great atmosphere. Second time here, enjoyed the food, but was disappointed that they were out of scallops from their main menu. Poor chef planning.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Haven't been to Brodo since I moved out of the area over 3 years ago. I went the other day with my aunt and had a wonderful lunch. Service was excellent and the food was great. My aunt had the flight of soup and loved them all. I had the tenderloin sandwich which was very tasty. I tend to rate restaurants on the consistency of their food and wether they treat me as if I am a visiting chef. On both scores they get high marks. It was as good as I remember.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

From some of the other posted experiences of diners, we were somewhat apprehensive about this restaurant, but what a pleasant surprise. I guess the term ".... in the beholder..." applies to many.

This unassuming restaurant provides a simple ambiance, excellent food with attentive service at a fair and reasonable price. We recently visited for dinner and found the pork loin expertly prepared, and the wine special for this day an excellent variation.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I work near Brodo and have had lunch here a number of times. I've not had the menu items which disappointed recent reviewers but the ones I do typically order are consistently well-prepared - e.g., caesar salad with grilled chicken, foccacias (the grilled chicken with red onion, roasted garlic and (yes) goat cheese is especially tasty), cajun sole filet, puff pastry baked brie.The house soup, "Dominic's Brodo," is a spicy tomato, sausage, and pasta creation - delicious. I suppose there have been a few times over the years when service has been leisurely but this is by no means the norm - typically efficient and cheerful. The small bar offers two for one happy hour on weekdays from 5-7; I've found it an ideal place to a meet a friend for an after-work drink and conversation.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Two friends and myself decided to have lunch here during this past week....my friends each ordered a salmon salad and I had the goat cheese salad. Their salmon was about the size of a 50 cent piece and my field greens were very skimpy. We waited about 30 minutes after we placed our order for the salads to come. There were very few patrons there. We won't be going back.