“just ok”

Brodo
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Small tables and close together. Soup trio was tepid on a cold nite. salmon salad held a very small piece of grilled salmon on greens and few accompaniements. Service was just ok and it was not real busy. coffee was good and chocolate desert should have been skipped- no flavor and hard. sixty bucks for two with one glass of wine-a bit steep. bread and olive oil was a nice touch. Be warned that they no longer participate in RESTAURANT.COM. You can park in back lot and enter from there. Better places to eat in Snyder.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I've had catered food from Brodo before, so I was already intrigued by the quality of the food. Our in person visit did not disappoint, as the food was excellent. The service was fine, but it took more than a while for our server to acknowledge us. After that, however, it was more than adequate. I had the spicy sausage farfalle with swish chard and white beans, which was as tasty as anything I've eaten. My wife had the beef tenderloin, which was cooked to perfection. In fact, the chef will not cook a tenderloin past medium rare, which destroys the texture and taste. Another plus of this nice restaurant is the inclusion of hearty bread with a nice dipping oil. Many places serve substandard bread, which is a big mistake in my book. Overall, a good place for top-notch food cooked right.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Don't blink while driving or you may just miss this fabulous restaurant on the corner of a major street. Great place for lunch or dinner. My family and I and business associates of my husband have eaten there on several occasions. They just down-right have meals with a little added flair. A favorite soup of ours is their Brodo special soup, made with sausage tomatoes and vegetables. A must try appetizer is the puff pastry brie with apples, candied walnuts and a raspberry glaze. My entree of choice is the Gulf shrimp with penne, tomatoes, prosciutto, and a spicy vodka cream. It isn't too spicy, just a hint of spice. Other favorites are the beef tenderloin and the pork tenderloin. If you are looking for a place with out- of -the -ordinary meals, then Brodo is the place to go. It has a full bar and service is always outstanding.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

My favorite place for lunch. Very urban New Yorkish in style. They have a number of soups or you can get a soup and sandwich special. My favorite is the baked brie appetizer with the apple slices, walnuts and raspberry sauce - too die for! Panini sandwiches are huge - all good! My friends and I usually order the gourmet personal pizzas - with each one of us choosing a different one. We each take a slice from each order therefore we have tasted them all - YUM!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I went with my sisters for a liht dinner. They have wonderful seasonal soups. I had the spicy pumpkin, really delicious. They even offer a soup flight, which includes a trio of their soups. That would be great with a salad or half sandwich. I also had the wild rice & chicken salad with field greens. It was great. The wine list was a nice selection too! They have redone their interior-- and you can have a nice conversation w/out hearing the next table talk. The music was a great backdrop. It felt very warm and cozy. The wait staff was attentive and efficient. This really turned out to be a nice evening with good food!! I would go back just for the soup!!