“Great Food and Good Service - An Enjoyable Breakfast!”
Review of IHOP

IHOP
Ranked #27 of 153 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My friend and I had breakfast at this restaurant on Thursday, August 9th. I had the breakfast sampler, which was two eggs, two sausages, some bacon, two pieces of ham, hashbrowns and two buttermilk pancakes. The food was served hot and was plated attractively. Our server was attentive and pleasant. The best part of the meal was the price....about 8.50 USD for the breakfast and unlimited coffee. The pancakes were awesome....light and fluffy. The boysenberry syrup was outstanding. We also had butter pecan, old fashioned and strawberry syrup on our table. All three other syrups were good too.

We were seated at a table near the door, which made it hard for people who were physically challenged to get by. One lady in a wheelchair had to go down and around. Another lady in a wheelchair barely squeaked by the table, with assistance. Perhaps they should rethink the positioning of the tables to make it easier for all guests.

Would i return? Absolutely. The food was very good and the service was prompt and courteous. Next time, though, I would get more pancakes!!!

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Great Service. Food was ok. They didn't have waffles???? The truck didn't come until following day! It's ihop! Sure pancakes are their big thing but waffles are all over their menu! Oh well.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Plenty of room and lots of choices.There is way more than pancakes at IHOP. The food is cooked to order and there is plenty of it. If you go away hungry it's your own fault. Need to open earlier on Black Friday though.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

I was go to IHOP when staying in Amherst, NY for breakfast. First time the service was questionable. Breakfast items should never take more than 40 minutes to come up. A server should never say to you "would you like me to get you another slice of bacon after dropping it on the table" & then come back with a replacement slice that was half the length of the one she took away. I had the Breakfast Sampler with egg white option. I was expecting the egg white from the 3 eggs but surprised (in a good way), I got egg white amounting to 3 whole eggs. Good value for the meal except the wait & the bacon.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

We had great service although the food wasn't exactly as described. The green onions on my egg sold the breakfast to me but there weren't any on it. It was my first iHop visit. I probably won't go back but I'm glad we tried it.

Been to IHOP? Share your experiences!