“Great Mexican”

El Palenque Mexican Grill
Ranked #68 of 146 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We no longer make a beeline for wings when we are shopping in the Buffalo area. This place has great food at affordable prices. I love the Chili Rellenos.

2  Thank BazRasty

Reviewed September 15, 2010

I lived in Los Angeles for 22 years. This is the best, most authentic Mexican food I have found in Buffalo. Service ranges from good to so-so -- but there is never any doubt about the quality of the food!

3  Thank BeadRock
Reviewed April 28, 2010

Yes, loveswnyfoods must have hit an off night. This place is incredible---an astonishing level of service and culinary authenticity. As you walk in, they greet you in Spanish. The workers are Mexican. It is hard to find enough real Mexican cooks and servers to run an authentic restaurant in this part of the country. After we took a trip to Oaxaca, which included cooking classes, we are quite demanding. This place fits the bill. (The tomatillo sauces are comparable to those of the best Oaxaca City restaurants.) Speaking of the bill, it is low, unless you start adding tequila and Pacificos to the tab. That is easy to do: the drink selection is broad. I often see fellow Buffalo *city* dwellers (like us) eating here, in this suburban location. That is unusual. There are so many awesome restaurants in the City itself, why venture to the suburbs for chow? Well, I saw some neighbors, including Allentown hipsters and Lexington Coop employees. (There are popular vegetarian choices on the menu, and the vegetarian plate was on special that night.) Hey, writing this is making me hungry. I think we will go there tonight.

2  Thank Cross-Culture-Maven
Reviewed November 26, 2009

I have been going here for years. I always order a number 29 - chicken enchilada, beef burrito, and 2 hardshell beef tacos...it's the best variety and the most bang for your buck. Their chicken is pulled/shredded with peppers and their cheese is just TO DIE FOR. Honest to god it's just so delicious and extremely reasonably priced. Most of their dinner combos are $8.50 I believe and trust me, you'll leave this place stuffed. They provide homemade chips and salsa (not chunky, but smooth) while you wait for your food, which usually is no more than 15 minutes. Their strawberry margaritas are excellent and their service is impeccable. The packed parking lot speaks for itself! If you're a fan of real, authentic Mexican, then go here and you certainly will not be disappointed.

2  Thank mwhips
Reviewed October 20, 2009

Best MEXI this side of the mason dixon! I travel all over and this place truly makes it happen! Kudos Boys and Girls!

2  Thank withoutbordersmod