“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
alberta
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I stayed two weeks at the Homewood Amherst. My first time in a Homewood Hotel. I would highly recommend the hotel. Excellent service, start to finish. Comfortable, friendly and accomodating in every aspect. The staff were helpful and went 'above and beyond' at all times. The services this particular hotel offered for were exceptional - Amazing value!

Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank priusAlberta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
USA
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Stayed here for overnights during road trips twice this summer. Very nice place. We had clean well-maintained rooms both times. Breakfast was average, but free and convenient. Plenty of other food choices and shopping in the general area.

The pool was very nice at this hotel. Bigger than a lot of hotel pools.

Whole family liked this hotel enough to stay a second time a month after our first stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank gfen
Toronto
Reviewed August 11, 2009

Stayed in a one bedroom suite for two nights. We were "welcomed" in our suite with a significant smell of food (looks like someone ordered pizza last night), and leftover drink in the fridge from previous guests. Also dishes were dirty. molds were found near the bed. My kids complained itchy after sleeping for the first night..terrible.

I called front desk and notified them the issues. Asked them to do deep cleaning on the next day. However, after back from shopping, I can only smell some odour but carpet is still dirty.

The only good thing about this hotel is their breakfast. But I'd rather pay out of pocket for breakfast next time, and stay in a cleaner hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank Ivan91
kalbone, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this review, September 9, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We realize by your comments that our housekeeping services did not meet your expectations. We want to apologize for any inconvenience that you and your family experienced while staying at our hotel.

We appreciate your choosing us for your stay while in Buffalo.

concord
Reviewed July 23, 2009

Great Rooms...Great breakfast, Fitness center and pool.
Only complaint - Hotel was understaffed during my visit. When I asked them to get a toothbrush and toothpaste...I had to go and collect it myself from housekeeping.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Bonda007
New York
Reviewed June 1, 2009

When to the hotel on Business and took my 16 year old daughter with me. Would not recommend this hotel. It was nice to have free breakfasts and dinners. However when I pulled in I thought I was in a construction zone. There was about 20 Verizon construction trucks. I checked into my room and room was ok but I had dirty dishes, toilet paper in my toilet that was unflushed and my coffee table was sticky. The staff was nice but I was turned off by all the foul language that was being used from what I assumed was the Verizon workers that I had to bring my dinner upstairs because I did not want my daughter around them. All in all the stay was not good and my trip was ruined due to all the cursing.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
kalbone, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this review, June 22, 2009
Hello Travelmuch25 -
My name is Karen Albone and I am the General Manager of the Homewood Suites Amherst. I would like to apologize to you and your family for the issues which you experienced during your hotel stay. I encourage you to email me directly so that we may have the opportunity to speak in person.

Thank you for your time.

overland park, kansas
Reviewed April 9, 2009

My teenage daughter and I stayed here for several nights. We were fortunate to be able to use Hilton points, so I can't speak for the 'value', but our stay was most enjoyable! The hotel is located close to a freeway, so I asked for and received an inside room, which was very quiet. There was a complete kitchen with full refrigerator and coffee maker, which we ended up not needing thanks to the great full breakfast available each morning. Plenty of options here - juices & fruit, hot & cold cereals, toasted breads & muffins, and while not 'cooked to order', there were warmers with meat, egg dish and potatoes. The lounge/eating area has a lovely stone fireplace with wide screen TV and casual seating, with coffee and tea available all day. Regarding our suite itself, the sitting room readily accomodated the pull-out couch bed, water pressure in the shower was good, digital thermostat efficient. When I discovered I needed sheets to make up the couch-bed, housekeeping responded within an impressive three minutes (in spite of the fact that the hotel was full). The hot tub/pool/exercise rooms were all very well maintained. Location excellent for University of Buffalo North Campus, right on main suburban road leading to mall and restaurants, easy freeway access to airport, Niagara Falls sightseeing etc. Great location for our purposes, and a great stay overall.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank happytohelp1
Canada
Reviewed March 26, 2009

Stayed 2 nights (Two studio suites). The hotel is between two highways, and it is quite convenient to airport, Walden Galleria, and minutes to Blvd Mall.

Frankly speaking, the rooms were not as "roomy" as I originally expected - especially if you open the sofa bed - you may not have much room to walk.

Housekeeping (cleanliness) is an major issue. Upon entering the suites, we noticed remaining food/drinks from previous guests in the fridge. In my suite, dead bugs were found besides the window, and thick dust on the bathroom floor.

Swimming pool was nice, except the water was cold.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank biggroofy
Hello biggroofy 7,

I am the General Manager of the Homewood Suites Amherst and I would like to apologize to you and your family for the issues which you experienced while staying at our hotel. We take our guests comments very serious. I encourage you to contact me directly. Thank you for your time.

Karen Albone
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst
Hyatt Place Buffalo / Amherst
Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Amherst
Candlewood Suites Hotel Buffalo / Amherst
Buffalo Marriott Niagara
Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Airport

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst? Share your experiences!