“Nice Place to Stay!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My wife, infant son and I stayed here in February during a trip to see family and friends in the Buffalo area. We stayed here for 2 nights and the stay was flawless. Fast and convenient check in, plenty of parking, and the parking lot had been completely cleared of all snow and ice. We did not partake in the free breakfast but there were plenty of people that did, and from the sounds of it, they were all enjoying it. The room was quite large, as it was a suite and had a full kitchen, pots, pans, the whole 9 yards. This was my first stay at a Homewood but I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jrdavis05
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thank You for staying with us and saying such nice things ! I am glad to her we made an impression since you stayed with us 6 months ago!!! We appreciate the great rating and mentioning that the staff! We look forward to seeing you when you again when your travels bring you back to Buffalo.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Very good facility. I always try to stay at Homewood Suites when I travel. I used to be a customer of Marriott Residence Inn but Homewood Suites has surpassed Marriott in every way. Excellent dinner and breakfast service and food quality as well as very good fitness center. I have not had any issues with any of my stays at Homewood Suites in the past 18 months. Would recommend to all my friends and business associates.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Bradley L,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank You for taking the time to share your opinion with other travelers. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Have a wondeful summer!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

SETTING/BUILDING:
Building is well maintained and clean: actual proof, when I saw the lobby bathroom messy came back and it was cleaned. Design isn't modern or contemporary like I prefer but it is a nice victorian setting that made me feel like royalty. Near a mall and shopping plazas

AMENITIES:
The best I've experienced so far. Has pool, basketball court, and BBQ grills in the court yard. Gym is ok. Complimentary breakfast and dinner amazing! Food was excellent, breakfast wasn't typical waffle maker, cereal, etc. They have that plus actual cooked dishes like scrambled eggs, hash browns, etc. The rooms are fully furnished with actual kitchen. They have fold out sofa beds also.

SERVICE:
Excellent! When I booked I needed early check-in but they were fully occupied. Without a doubt though, the Manager Melissa S. was cordial explained to me the situation and accommodated me by getting a room available ASAP. Walked in @ 7:30am to check in got into my room by 9am all while I sat and waited by eating breakfast. Even better once the room was ready Melissa came directly to me to let me know that my room was ready which tells me that I definitely was cared about and that they pay attention to their guest cause I walked back in without letting them know that I was going to wait in the lounge. Workers were cordial as well by simply greeting and saying hi even when just walked through the halls.

OVERALL:
Best quality for your dollar. Hotel might be priced higher than others but that small extra goes a long way. FYI I am a frequent traveler and pretty tough on reviews but as you can obviously see this hotel actually managed to satisfy me.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Orin A

Dear Orin A,

Thank You for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I truly appreciate the time you took to do it. It was my pleasure making sure you had an enjoyable stay. I hope to see you again if your travels bring you to Buffalo in the future! Thanks again for the great review!

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I was there for 8 days on a business trip. The hotel did everything they could to make my stay wonderful. On one day, I needed to print something from the hotel room. The front desk clerk allowed me to email it directly to her email address and she printed it for me at the front desk. Very happy with this hotel and we'll stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Preacher31,

Thank You for staying with us and saying such nice things ! We appreciate the great rating and mentioning that the staff! We look forward to seeing you when you again when your travels bring you back to Buffalo.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

The beds are comfortable but living room furniture is very uncomfortable. The wifi was acting up in the room and the media area only has 2 computers in a VERY small room you need your room key to enter. The hotel overall is very nice but pricey. It is clean and the food is great. Close to shopping and quiet surroundings. The staff is not overly helpful and Make sure you don't leave any items behind as they most likely will be thrown out!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Jennifer C,

Thank You for sharing your experience. I am sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay. I just want to let you know that the staff searched for your lost item. They even went into the trash container to try locate the bag you left. My executive housekeeper even had a translator come in to speak with the housekeeper that cleaned your room. Since English is not her first language we wanted to make sure she did not see the shoes you left behind. I am sorry you did not feel as if we cared about your lost shoes but a lot was done behind the scenes to try to locate them. Thanks again for sharing your comments. We hope you will try us again on your next visit to Buffalo.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

My wife and I stayed there for a wedding in April 2014. The rooms were clean, the staff were nice and the hotel was quiet.It was easy to access the property due to its location right off of the highway.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank You for being a loyal guest! We appreciate the great rating and mentioning that the staff! We look forward to seeing you when you again when your travels bring you back to Buffalo.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

close to Niagra falls, clean hotel, really nice staff and located close to anything you would need or want. We enjoyed our stay and would stay there again if we were in the area. We had our dogs and they were great with them, appreciated them being a pet friendly hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Taursy,

I am glad to hear you and your pets enjoyed your stay with us. Thank You for taking the time to share your opinion with other travelers. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Melisa Syro

Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Hyatt Place Buffalo / Amherst
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst
Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Amherst
Buffalo Marriott Niagara
Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Airport
Candlewood Suites Hotel Buffalo / Amherst

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst? Share your experiences!