“Thank you TripAdvisor and its reviewers!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Brooklyn, New York
“Thank you TripAdvisor and its reviewers!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

First , I appreciate "TripAdvisor's" site and the travelers who write honest reviews of their stay. You have helped me to locate a hotel, restaurant,vacation attraction,etc..with less of a trial and error process, Thank you to all of the reviewers!
You were on target about this hotel and its accommodations. My stay was from October 6, to October 8, 2012 and I traveled with my two teenage daughters and my young adult niece. As stated, the rooms were spacious( we stayed in the two queen beds suite). The kitchen was well equipped with nice sturdy looking pots, the coffee mugs were a nice size, there was a toaster as well as microwave and a full refrigerator. These may seem trivial to some but is essential if you are staying for a week or longer and the options for eating out become more expensive and less satisfying. The beds had nice pillow tops and the pillows were over sized and fluffy.Two flat screen televisions(in the bedroom and living area), free internet access and sufficient outlets for charging all of our gadgets. There was a pool and hot tub. The pool was only 5 feet but that was ideal for a non swimmer like me. The hot tub was a nice treat to warm up after having been in the pool. Parking was free with plenty spaces available. There seemed to be quite a few families with young children but I didn't hear any noise while I was in my room.Breakfast had enough of a variety to keep one full until lunch and the duration was long enough to accommodate early and late risers(6:30-10 a.m.) The staff was unobtrusive but accessible. One sour note...I could not apply my AARP or AAA discount on their website for the dates that I had. There was also a provision for a 10% discount if one booked a suite and was over 50 years old. When I pointed that out at check in I was again told that it wasn't applicable. Had if not been for the other amenities I would have found this a big turnoff. I would definitely book this hotel again and I will look for this brand when staying elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank alindalynn
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank You for sharing your experience at the Homewood Suites. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the staff. They will be delighted to hear you enjoyed everything we offer. We hope to see you on your next trip to Buffalo.

Melisa Syro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I've stayed in dozens of mid- to long-term hotels over the years and this Homewood Suites is over the top. The people, the amenities, the service, the complimentary meals... none can beat them, as far as I'm concerned.

I didn't get to meet or talk with all of the staff, but ask for Amber, Rae, Elaine, Karen and Michelle... telling them that 'Joe sent you' won't matter because you're going to get first-class service, just as I've had :-)

I would live here if I could. So, tell everyone you know that when they're staying near BUF this is the place to go.

~Joe

Room Tip: It would be good to get a lower floor and closer to the lobby to make it easier to get there for bre...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Joe,

Thank You for recomending our hotel on Trip Advisor! That was a very nice review and the staff appreciates being mentioned! I hope you will be back in the area soon so you and I have the chance to talk! Thanks again for the kind words.

Upstate NY
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

As always, this hotel is just perfect! The staff is always friendly and willing to go above and beyond. As an employer, I would like to know how they get such great people. Just had a hot breakfast that was the best we've ever had here! Scrambled eggs or eggs scrambled with cheddar, maple sausage , waffles, fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, toast, bagels and muffins, juice and cereals. They have literally everything anyone could want. Our suite, with kitchen, is spacious and very clean! We can not recommend this place highly enough!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank You for referring to us as "Perfect!" My breakfast staff will be thrilled to hear the great comments about breakfast. They have putting a lot of effort into the menus. Thank You for the great review and please come back and see us the next time you are in the Buffalo/Amherst area!

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I spent one night here last weekend and were very pleased with this hotel. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. We booked a studio room and my only small issue is that this type of room does not have a bathtub only a stand-up shower. We did not hear any noise from any other guests during our stay which was a plus for me as I am a light sleeper. Not the cheapest hotel in Amherst, but I would definitely stay here again. The breakfast was very good too.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor facing the highway but the noise of the traffic did not bother us.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nbcOntario_Canada
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank You for the great review! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our studio style suites only have the stand-up shower. If you prefer to have a bathtub, be sure to reserve one of our one bedroom suites on your next trip. Thanks again for the comments and we hope to see you on future travels!

Florida City, Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights and the hotel was very homey and welcoming. The main floor living room/breakfast area was well decorated and had comfy furniture. The breakfast selections were plentiful and good. All the staff was very helpful. The room was Very nice - a mini efficiency - TV viewing , desk work, kitchen or sleeping - perfect selection. Special Thanks to Rae for giving us the inside scoop on area restaurants and help with maps to one of the many Fall Fesitvals now going on. Didn't use the pool (indoor) or workout room but both looked impressive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Betsy448
Thank You for the nice review! Rae was very excited to see her name mentioned! I am glad to hear she took great care of you! I hope you will visit us on your next stay in the Buffalo/Amherst area. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience.

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I was in Amherst (Buffalo) New York for a wedding, and since I was traveling with my wife and our two Boston Terriers, I chose Homewood Suites to stay in. They are a 'pet friendly' hotel, which played a factor in the choice - but the location was great as well. It's right off of the 290 Highway, which is one of the major thoroughfares of Buffalo and it's suburbs. Plus, I'm a big guy who loves to east chicken wings, and being .03 miles from Duff's World Famous Wings was also a big plus.

The Hotel, though - was a very nice property! The site was well maintained, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The place was clean and spacious - a great meeting room, where they served a hot breakfast buffet every morning, was a plus. The indoor pool and spa was a great way to relax. Our suite was really amazing - it was two comfortable rooms. Full kitchen, decent size bathroom, good bed, and two HD TVs. Our pups loved the place too, and they were very good to them - they gave 'em treats on the way in.

This is a very nice hotel to stay at, and the prices didn't break the bank. I'd definitely recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Steven A
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Steven A,

Thank you for the great comments! I am glad to hear you and the dogs enjoyed the property! Duff's is a very popular stop for many of our guests so I am glad you had the chance to dine there. Thanks again for the great review and please come back and see us on your next trip to Buffalo.

Missoula, Montana
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My 87 year old mother, my 68 year old brother and I stayed here for one week while celebrating a family reunion. We were delighted with the accommodations which included wonderfully comfortable beds and quality linens. In the common areas, we enjoyed the spa, the business center, the meals provided, and the staff. Of particular mention to staff was the evening registrar, Rae, who provided so much helpful information and was so delightful. With Rae's help, we have joined the Honors club and intend to use Homewood Suites on other visits to family throughout the U.S. We have a deeper appreciation for our Buffalo roots and have this facility to thank for making everything so easy!
Barb Blanchard
Missoula, MT

Room Tip: Choose a room away from basketball court and air conditioning unit; it will be quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Barbara B B
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Barbara,

Thank You for the great review you wrote on Trip Advisor! Rae will be especially thrilled to hear the great things mentioned about her! I am glad to hear you enjoyed everything with your stay and that the staff did everything to make your stay easy! Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Melisa Syro
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Hyatt Place Buffalo / Amherst
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst
Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Amherst
Candlewood Suites Hotel Buffalo / Amherst
Buffalo Marriott Niagara
Wyndham Garden Buffalo Williamsville

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst? Share your experiences!