First , I appreciate "TripAdvisor's" site and the travelers who write honest reviews of their stay. You have helped me to locate a hotel, restaurant,vacation attraction,etc..with less of a trial and error process, Thank you to all of the reviewers!
You were on target about this hotel and its accommodations. My stay was from October 6, to October 8, 2012 and I traveled with my two teenage daughters and my young adult niece. As stated, the rooms were spacious( we stayed in the two queen beds suite). The kitchen was well equipped with nice sturdy looking pots, the coffee mugs were a nice size, there was a toaster as well as microwave and a full refrigerator. These may seem trivial to some but is essential if you are staying for a week or longer and the options for eating out become more expensive and less satisfying. The beds had nice pillow tops and the pillows were over sized and fluffy.Two flat screen televisions(in the bedroom and living area), free internet access and sufficient outlets for charging all of our gadgets. There was a pool and hot tub. The pool was only 5 feet but that was ideal for a non swimmer like me. The hot tub was a nice treat to warm up after having been in the pool. Parking was free with plenty spaces available. There seemed to be quite a few families with young children but I didn't hear any noise while I was in my room.Breakfast had enough of a variety to keep one full until lunch and the duration was long enough to accommodate early and late risers(6:30-10 a.m.) The staff was unobtrusive but accessible. One sour note...I could not apply my AARP or AAA discount on their website for the dates that I had. There was also a provision for a 10% discount if one booked a suite and was over 50 years old. When I pointed that out at check in I was again told that it wasn't applicable. Had if not been for the other amenities I would have found this a big turnoff. I would definitely book this hotel again and I will look for this brand when staying elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is perfectly situated in the quiet Buffalo suburb of Amherst, NY. The Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo/Amherst is located just one mile from the University of Buffalo and a quick 15 minutes drive from downtown Buffalo. Our all-suites hotel is perfect for families, business travelers, and extended stay guests. For your comfort and convenience we provide each guest with a complimentary breakfast every morning, complimentary dinner Monday through Thursday evenings as well. If you are in town for business take advantage of the business center and complimentary internet access. Each suite has a fully equipped kitchen with two-burner stove, microwave, and refrigerator. On your next visit to the Buffalo area be sure to consider the Homewood Suites Buffalo/Amherst. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Buffalo Amherst Hotel Amherst
- Homewood Suites Buffalo Amherst
- Homewood Suites Amherst
- Homewood Amherst
- Hilton Amherst
- Amherst Hilton
- Amherst Homewood Suites