“Lovely hotel”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Reviewed August 28, 2011

This was our 2nd stay at Homewood. Our daughter is a student at UB and this property is conveniently located to campus and shopping. We had a one Queen bed suite on this stay. The room was very clean and lovely. Brand new oversized TV's have been added since our last stay. The bed, however, could have been a little more comfortable, a little too soft.

The breakfast was fine, the usual offerings. The only negative was that they ran out of coffee cups and lids the morning we were leaving, so no coffee to go.....

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank NYlove4travel
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2011

Thank You for taking the time to write a nice review on the hotel. I apologize about running out of coffee cups. The staff is aware of your concern and will make sure they monitor the coffee station more often so the cups are always being re-filled. As a coffee drinker myself I understand where you are coming from:)

We hope to see you again on your next visit to UB! Thanks again for the kind words!

Reviewed August 15, 2011

After reading all the reviews for hotels we choose this one to stay at for my daughters birthday getaway. We are a family of four, 2 kids.

First let me say: It is a fantastic hotel!!!

We came from north of Toronto, so it wasn't too bad of a drive, but when we arrived at 5pm, we were told they were still cleaning our room, which kinda sucked but it wasn't a long wait. The girl at the desk was SO HELPFUL, she had all these information sheets to hand out. Local Restuarants, Shopping, Maps, How to get to certrain places etc. When we asked her to reccommend a nice local restaurant that she liked to go, she gave us a few options and we picked one and were not dissappointed!

Our room was great, when we got in the dishwasher was still running but the room temp was cool and everything you needed was there. They even give you a bag of popcorn and a menu listing what dinner would be served in the lobby! One thing that they should add to the rooms is dish soap, I was able to get some in a cup from the front desk but it would be a nice touch to be able to was the dishes.

TV area was perfect, had a nice couch, big TV, beds were super comfy, great black out drapes, ceiling fan in the bed room... everything was perfect.

We stayed two nights and had the breakfast both mornings and it was awesome. Very clean, good hot food, no complaints at all! We stayed for one dinner, and to us this was the best part of the stay. We have never stayed at a hotel that gives you dinner, and it was a nice hot meal including wine or beer! Like life does not get better than that! AMAZING!!!!!

We also used the basketball courts both nights, went for a swim and used the laundry. The facilities were impeccable.

We did have one complaint.... the maid service. We were gone all day and returned at 4pm to our uncleaned room. Normally it's not a big deal, but I had left a note and some money for our maid as my son had an "accident" and we needed new sheets put on the bed. I have taken the sheets off the bed and put the note there as well as all our dirty towels were in a pile. My husband called down and asked if there was maid service and was told yes... but then our maid came to our room at 4:30pm and my son had already fallen asleep in our bed. We asked if she could come back and told us she was done at 5pm, so she left us sheets. That part sucked. We had all our dirty sheets and towels as well as I had to make the bed myself.

Other than the maid service, this place is by far the best hotel we have stayed at. We come to Buffalo 2 times a year and usually always try different hotels and this is by far our fav!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kellyhb
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor! The hotel team is excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry to hear you has issues with the housekeeping service. Your comments have been shared with the housekeeping department. We will work to make sure this does not happen to someone else. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next trip to the Buffalo area. Thank You again for you feddback!

Reviewed August 7, 2011

We cashed in Hilton Honors points to stay here friday evening. We were in town for a concert and this place was mid point between the venue and the home of some friends. We were very pleased with our room, it was comfortable, very clean and well appointed. The front desk staff was professional and helpful, the lobby was inviting. We did not have the free breakfast in the morning. The hotel was booked to capacity and I think everyone came down to eat at the same time! I am sure this isn't always the case, and the breakfast looked good. We will be back as we our son attends University less than a mile away. We also used to live in this area and visit friends often.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

Thank You for taking the time to share your "Comfortable Stay" on TripAdvisor! I am happy to hear you enjoyed the service and the accomodations. Hopefully you will be able to enjoy our wonderful breakfast on your next stay! Happy Travels and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Buffalo!

Reviewed August 5, 2011

We were passing through town and booked a night on the way at the last minute. The only suite left was a smoking room which they said was just cleaned (carpets etc.). I was hesitant because I was with an infant and a 2 year old, but I needed a suite so they could sleep. I couldn't smell any smoke and the room was very clean and nice, especially with children.

Bed was a little too soft but we were not there too long. The only big annoyance was there were only two luggage racks for the entire hotel. We waited a long time for one go appear but ended up taking multiple trips.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Crlee75

Thank You for the nice review! I am glad to hear the room worked out well for you! I am sorry to hear you were inconvenienced by waiting for the luggage racks to return. I will look into this situation so it does not happen to future guests. Thanks again for the great comments and we hope to see again!

Reviewed August 2, 2011

Since it was the long Canadian weekend , there were few hotels available closer to Walden Galleria. We were recommended by another hotel that Homewood Suites Hilton had this one KING with pull out couch with sitting area and kitchen available. Tastefully decorated. Breakfast was with the price. Nothing fancy, but it filled us up. 199.00 plus taxes at this time of year. Staff courteous. Perfect for our needs.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank foxy90

I would like to personally thank you for your time to review our Homewood Suites Amherst on Trip Advisor. I'm very happy to hear you had enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much for recognizing our efforts. It really means a a lot to us.
We look forward to have you with us again in the future!

Reviewed July 24, 2011

A outstanding hotel with beautiful rooms and ameneties. Comfy beds and exceptionaly clean. When we arrived and as soon as when up to our room, the phone rang and the desk clerk asked if our room was satisfactory. The morning breakfast was outstanding! We would definately stay here again. The only thing that we found that needed improvement was the slippery tile in the pool area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2011

"A Gem!!" That is the type of title I like to see! Thank you for the excellent review! I will make sure the entire staff sees this review. It will mean a lot to them. Thanks again and please come back and see us again!

Reviewed July 21, 2011

Our family of four, including our adult son and daughter, always likes staying at Homewood Suites whenever possible, and we've never been disappointed in the quality of the facility. This hotel was no exception. Everything was clean, comfortable and well-equipped. The only thing we noticed is that there was no ice-maker in our R/F, and no ice cube trays were provided - a minor inconvenience. Our stay was very short, so we didn't have the opportunity to utilize any of the hotel amenities other than the complimentary breakfast. The only thing lacking there, which we've always had at other Homewood Suites was fresh cut fruit. There were some whole apples and bananas in a bowl, and some of the bananas had split open, which wasn't very appetizing. In fact, I discarded the banana I'd picked up because of it. But they did have yogurt, which some of the Homewoods don't have, so my husband was happy. Altogether, it was not an unpleasant experience. Maybe a smidge less stellar than some other Homewoods we've stayed in, but certainly very nice.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2011

Thank You for taking the time to write a great review! I appreciate you letting me know how we can improve our breakfast. I spoke with my breakfast hostess and she assured me she does inspect the fruit before allowing it on the breakfast buffet. We apologize you were unhappy with the banana selection but we will make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank You for taking the time to give us your feedback! Please come back and see the next time you are in Buffalo!