“An excellent choice for a family trip”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Our family of four, including our adult son and daughter, always likes staying at Homewood Suites whenever possible, and we've never been disappointed in the quality of the facility. This hotel was no exception. Everything was clean, comfortable and well-equipped. The only thing we noticed is that there was no ice-maker in our R/F, and no ice cube trays were provided - a minor inconvenience. Our stay was very short, so we didn't have the opportunity to utilize any of the hotel amenities other than the complimentary breakfast. The only thing lacking there, which we've always had at other Homewood Suites was fresh cut fruit. There were some whole apples and bananas in a bowl, and some of the bananas had split open, which wasn't very appetizing. In fact, I discarded the banana I'd picked up because of it. But they did have yogurt, which some of the Homewoods don't have, so my husband was happy. Altogether, it was not an unpleasant experience. Maybe a smidge less stellar than some other Homewoods we've stayed in, but certainly very nice.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2011

Thank You for taking the time to write a great review! I appreciate you letting me know how we can improve our breakfast. I spoke with my breakfast hostess and she assured me she does inspect the fruit before allowing it on the breakfast buffet. We apologize you were unhappy with the banana selection but we will make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank You for taking the time to give us your feedback! Please come back and see the next time you are in Buffalo!

Reviewed July 19, 2011

We (family of 4) stayed here for a 2 day getaway. We stayed in a suite with 2 Queens. Great having a hotel that offers 2 Queens instead of 2 doubles. Breakfast + dinner were bonuses. We all felt very comfortable at this hotel. Looked like they were converting their TV's as well to new ones. No complaints here. Kids also enjoyed the pool.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Thank You for the kind words! I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast and dinner. You are correct, we will be installing new TV's very shortly! We hope to have all the new TV's installed within the next month. Thanks again for the great review! I hope to see you during your next visit to Buffalo!

Reviewed July 16, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights on a recent weekend shopping trip. Hotel is perfectly situated for shopping as it's close to Blvd Mall, Walden Galleria, etc, as well as many restaurants.
Room was very spacious and clean and it was quiet. Breakfast was included and very good.
I'd forgotten my toothbrush, went to front desk to ask for one, unfortunatley they charged me $2 for a terrible dollar store quality toothbrush. I thought it would be complimentary, especially paying $200 per night,,, but oh well, other than that the stay was fine. Although a bad taste was left in my mouth about the toothbrush (no pun intended)... as a result i probably will stay somewhere else on our next shopping trip. They should really reconsider the policy, charging me for a toothbrush cost them 2 stars on this review.. just saying.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Leafs_Country
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Homewood Suites Buffalo-Amherst. We are glad you found the rooms comfortable and the food delicious. We take pride in our hotel which is why your feedback is so important to us. We’re very sorry that we provided you with an unsatisfactory toothbrush. We will be reaching out to you to make this right.

Reviewed July 4, 2011

A good friend was getting married in Buffalo, and I would be traveling there to be part of the wedding party. When she was looking for a hotel to recommend to out of town guests, I suggested she pick a Hilton-brand hotel because of their usually great quality. When my husband and I checked into our room at the Homewood Suites on the wedding weekend, we noticed the room we were given smelled like a smoking room, even though we had reserved a non-smoking room. I talked to the front desk to make sure we were given the correct room, and noted that there wasn't a non-smoking symbol on the sign for the room even though many other rooms had them. He assured me it was a non-smoking room and said when they converted some of the smoking room to non-smoking, they didn't change out all of the signs. He said the hotel was full, so he couldn't move us to another room. All he could do was put an ionizer in our room while we were out at the rehearsal dinner. Other than the smell, the room would have been nice. The smell of old cigarette smoke just ruined the stay. If you want a room that is truly non-smoking, and not just converted to non-smoking, I would choose another hotel in the Buffalo area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at our Buffalo-Amherst hotel. We take each review seriously to ensure quality service you expect and deserve is met. We’re very sorry that your stay was unpleasant. Your feedback will be taken into consideration and the proper steps are being taken to correct the issue. We will be reaching out to you to make this right.

Reviewed June 29, 2011

I stayed for about 2 weeks at this hotel in May 2011. It was a business trip. The room was large and spacious with an sitting area, a kichenette, nice TV and soft bed. They provide a free shuttle to pickup customers and also to drop them at the airport - this really suited me because I was on an allowance and did not want to spend any more than absolutely necessary on travel expenses. They provide a proper breakfast on all days of the week and dinner between 6 to 7.30 pm 5 days a week. If you dont feel like eating their food, you can stroll over to Duffs - supposedly the finest place to eat Buffalo wings in these parts. They have a nice warm swimming pool and a gym with 2 well maintained treadmills - very important for me - and some weights. For essentials you can go over to Walgreens which is nearby. If you feel rich or too lazy to walk up to Walgreens you can get some essentials from the Hotel store. But it will be a bit expensive. All in all this was a nice stay. The only problems I had here was that the guest washing machine was a bit temperamental. And also there was some with my Indian Axis Bank Travel card - I had to pay cash because it did not work. The staff were quite courteous and nice. The overall atmosphere is very good. The place is also quite close to Niagara falls - My friends and I hired a taxi for 60 USD each way to the falls and had a nice outing there. All in all this place is good. I recommend it.

Room Tip: I saw 3 rooms on the second floor. All were nice..
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank hilloo
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

Thank You for taking the time to write this review! I am glad to hear you enjoyed our fitness room, breakfast and evening reception. I am sorry there were a few issues during your stay and we will try to correct them for our future guests. Thanks again for the Great review and we hope to see you again on future travels.

Reviewed June 21, 2011

My wife has family in Buffalo, so we visit often. However, most of her family lives on the outskirts of town or to the north, and so staying in downtown was not convenient for us. But while downtown was out for inconvenience, the pickings were pretty slim so far as good hotels go. In fact some of the worst hotels I have stayed at have been in Buffalo, for whatever reason, usually at a premium price.
Last year we found a new option and we have been thankful since. This homewood property is nice, the rooms are clean and while the space is not exactly ample if you have kids, it is well laid out and there is enough room to be comfortable.

The beds were quite comfortable as well. I remember spending a week on broken down beds at the old Hampton or the Marriott down the road and learning new levels of back pain, that was not a problem at the Homewood.

Staying at the Homewood in Amherst was such a great experience that I don't mind going to visit the in-laws anymore.. well ok not so much. And the kids love it, with the nice pool and room to play with their toy cars in the room. We have started looking for homewood suites wherever we travel, and have yet to be disappointed.

Maybe the only downer is that this year when we went to book, the rate has increased 20 dollars a night. Oh well, it is probably worth it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank VASkeptic
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2011

I would like to personally thank you for your time to review our Homewood Suites Amherst on Trip Advisor. I'm very happy to hear you had enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much for recognizing their efforts. It really means a a lot to us.
We look forward to have you with us again in the future!

Reviewed June 9, 2011

The room was spacious. The two queen beds were separated from the living room by a door and there were two TVs. There were just the two of us but with the hide a bed couch we could have had three stay easily. Staff were always available and very friendly. The biggest perk was the hot breakfast AND dinner (with wine and beer) all inclusive for the weekdays we stayed there. Location was easy to find and accessible to all shopping and highways. Rooms were always quiet and the other people staying there were considerate.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2011

We appreciate your positive feed back of our hotel, staff and services. Our goal is always to exceed our guest’s expectations and we are happy that you had an AWESOME stay! Once again, thank you for taking the time to share such a nice review and we’d love to have you back in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst
Hyatt Place Buffalo / Amherst
1 mi away
Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Amherst
Candlewood Suites Hotel Buffalo / Amherst
Buffalo Marriott Niagara
5 mi away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Airport

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst? Share your experiences!