Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsbasketball courtliving roomcomplimentary breakfastsmall kitchenhome away from homefull kitchenoff the highwaynice breakfasthard boiled eggspull out couchcomfortable roomsbreakfast stafffitness centerbusiness tripwould definitely stay here againoatmealwaffle maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 1, 2011

I had a wonderful night's sleep at this hotel. We traveled with our son, who stayed on the pull-out couch in the living room. Our room was very quiet. The bed was great, the shower was excellent, and everything was spotless.

There was a bit of a mob-scene in the morning because many families had converged upon the breakfast area at the same time. They ran out of many of the food items and silverware, but within moments everything was back in order. I really liked this hotel and recommend it highly.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2011

We appreciate you taking the time to submit your comments. We enjoyed your review tiltle, "Top Notch"! The breakfast hosts really appreciated being mentioned for their hard work. I am very pleased to hear you also enjoyed the comfort of the bed, shower and our housekeeping service. Happy Travels and Thanks again for the feedback!

Reviewed October 8, 2010

There was someone at the desk each time we went to ask for anything. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. Suite was kept clean and it was comfortable. The pictures shown on the website were accurate about the facilities. We were less than 30 minutes from Niagara Falls, 5 minutes away from the Univ. of Buffalo, and right next to the freeway for easy access everywhere. There were plenty of restaurants in the general vicinity. Breakfast and dinner was provided at the hotel the majority of the week.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank RyseL
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2010

Dear RyseL~
You really covered all the bases here, from the room, to the amenties, to the location as well as the staff. It is truly a pleasure to read that you had such a wondeful experience with us.

We strive to provide our guests with a home away from home to ease some of the discomforts that travelling may bring. All the comforts of home with a few extra amenties!

Thank You for taking the time to write a glowing review of our hotel! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Bufalo!

Reviewed October 8, 2010

I made reservations to stay in this hotel mid july 2010 for the weekend of Oct 8-10.
we've stayed here 2x previously since my son is a student at SUNY Buffalo.... Well, yesterday I recieved a check-in email and thought that was great. Until I tried to check in and found that my king sized smoking room was not available ... Instead I was given a room with 2 queens... I was told that the people in "my" room had extended their stay... unbelievable..... why couldnt they just move the other people into the double queen?? given that this is parents weekend, there are no resevations available anywhere... I'm not very happy that my husband and I will have to sleep in separate beds...
Our previous stays here had been fine.... not sure after this if I would stay here in the future.......

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mommmabagel

Dear Mommmabagel,
I apologize that your selected suite was unavailable for your stay. We are an extended stay hotel so many guests stay for long periods of time and in this particular situation, the room you reserved was occupied by a couple who has been living here for the past two months. This couple had lost their home in a fire and this suite has been their home so unfortunately, this is the reason why we had to move your room. We realize you had stayed with us in the past and because you have been a frequent guest of our hotel we had chosen to upgrade you to our largest suite. I can assure you that this situation does not happen frequently and we hope you will choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed September 27, 2010

Was up in Buffalo this past weekend to catch up with old college friends. Stayed two nights and was very pleased with the accomodations. Room was very spacious and clean. Very quiet as well. Front desk staff were very courteous and professional. Real good people work there. Many thanks.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2010

Dear Perreau11,
Thank You for taking a moment to compliment our staff and the accomodations. The staff takes pride in their work and really strives to WOW all of our guests. Your comments were truly appreciated! We look forward to seeing you on future stays!

Reviewed August 30, 2010

Pros:
- Clean
- Moderately priced
- Good location
- Well kept property
- Good service

Cons:
- High occupancy rate sometimes makes it tough to get a room

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2010

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for this great review. It means a lot to us to hear such positive hotel reviews. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!