“Used to have good food, today, not so much” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Grapevine Restaurant

The Grapevine Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 143 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family owned and operated for 25 years. Delicious food & friendly service at a great price! Check out our newly remodeled dining rooms and outdoor patio!Dine ocean side and enjoy the variety and quality with an added personal touch from our friendly staff. Don’t forget to sign up for our Grapevine Rewards Program; the more you dine with us the more you will be rewarded for your patronage. Whenever your dining out: Lunch, Dinner, Sunday Brunch, Banquets, or Take Out, The Grapevine is the place!
NY
“Used to have good food, today, not so much”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Started out on the patio. It was windy and they could not close the doors because the air conditioning would kick on and it was not hot enough for the air to be on. They closed the "windows"/"doors" part way but not enough to keep the wind out. So, we went inside. The next people at our table shut the door themselves. ??? Food was ok, not as good as previous visits. The chicken finger wrap had French fries rolled into the wrap. Ewww, I thought the fries were on the side, never thought they would be inside the wrap. Should have read the menu more carefully but never would have imagined them being inside the wrap. Mom's crab cakes were too well done and pretty dry. Not a good meal and won't return any time soon.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MMTP
tjp27, General Manager at The Grapevine Restaurant, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
I am sorry you did not enjoy your experience, the garden room is outdoors whenever the temperature is between 72 and 85 degrees, outside this range it is climate controlled and we are happy to accommodate diners in any of our other three dining rooms. The chicken finger wrap comes with fries inside, as with any of our hand made dishes we are happy to make it without. All of our meals come with a satisfaction guarantee....if you don't like it just say so and we make you something else no questions asked. We just want to make you happy!

East Amherst, New York
“Great dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I decided to share a pre anniversary dinner with our 2 daughters aged 4&6. I have never been here, my spouse has but not for many years. I read reviews, a little mixed, positive and negative, but decided to try it. We went on a Wednesday at 530, it was very busy but we were assured just a 20 minute wait time, with young kids, this can be an eternity, however we were escorted to a lounge area that has ample seating and plenty of fish to view, which I believe deterred kids from negative behavior. We were seated in the 20 minutes, the waiter was a younger gentleman, we think his name was Peter. He was friendly, professional and just fun. Ordered stuffed mushrooms for shared appetizer...wow....wow....absolutely magnificent, perfectly cooked, seasoned to perfection, the BEST we've ever had. Kids had customary chicken fingers and fries, again perfect, mom had the broccoli stuffed chicken breast...words can't describe the flavor profile, cooked to perfection. Dad had the filet, the steak was seasoned, perfectly cooked to order and as he puts it "cut like butter". Very very pleased with our pick to try this place out. The decor was not dated as I've read, it's a small space and I think they have been wise in the choices. A great place to go, we will definitely be back.

1 Thank Nicole S B
Tonawanda, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Large Lunch Portions, Nice Brunch Pleasant Staff.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

The Sunday Brunch at the Grapevine has a reputation for very good food. We had been there some years ago and enjoyed it. For various reasons we hadn't been there for a while. So, not quite knowing where to take son my who was visiting from Boston with his girlfriend, we decided to try it again. We easily got reservations for four people at 12:30 PM and arrived on time. The after church rush was over by then but the brunch service is still available and fresh food was on the buffet. I chose an omelet cooked at the buffet and it was cooked the way I wanted it. It was filled with ham mushrooms and green onions. The flavor was wonderful. I also had a small helping of sausages,(very good), a croissant and another bit of pastry. My wife didn't want much and had an omelet as well. She felt that it was too heavy although the flavor was ok.
My son and his girl friend ordered from the lunch menu, chicken parmesan with pasta. The lunches arrived after a 30 minute wait. The brunches were finished by then. The portions were huge and they were not able to finish before they needed to leave at 2:00 to catch a plane back home.
In summary, the brunch offers a wide variety of food and one can eat as much as they want. The lunch entrées are hearty and somewhat unremarkable. The atmosphere is good, although the outdoor seating is limited. The coffee is wonderful and the staff is generous in their attention, keeping your cup full and attending to other needs. The kitchen is a bit slow. Overall the food is as Garrison Keeler says "a little bit above average." The price is a bit above average but it is necessary to take into account the amount of food served both at the buffet brunch and lunch. Perhaps we would have been happier if we had been there earlier when the brunch was fresher and the kitchen staff was fresh as well.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Mississauga,Ontario
“Amazing Food!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I saw a commercial on television for Chicken Pot Pie over a biscuit, Shepards Pie with Short Ribs and a whole assortment of grilled cheese sandwiches, I told everyone about The Grapevine.
So I gathered Mom, my God daughter and my cousin and off we went. We had a twenty minute wait, which wasn't that bad for the meal we experienced. We had to wait in the lounge which had huge fish tanks with beautiful tropical fish( the Tiger fish was my favorite),
The meal:
We had the Calamari Rings for starters, they were really good. The pot pie was a seasonal dish and no longer on the menu, so I ordered the beer battered fish and chips. Well, the fish was huge, I could only finish a quarter of it, the Manicotti and the Shepards Pie were also huge portions. All the meals came with salad and a bread basket.
While waiting for our table, I noticed that a lot of people had take out bags or so I thought, They were actually "doggie" bags because they couldn't finish all of the meal just like us.
The portions are huge, the prices are reasonable and the service was great. So if you are at the Boulevard Mall in Buffalo (Amherst) take a right on Niagara Falls Blvd. to Ellicott Creek Rd. for a very enjoyable meal. I would definitely recommend going and I am most certainly going to be a return customer.

Brampton
“Small, out of the way, homemade not a chain type food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Small little areas, within the larger restaurant. Large fish aquiriums with lots of fish. Service was Ok, the person that sat us was welcoming and inviting our waitress on the otherhand, seem like she would rather be somewhere else. The food was good homemade style with lots of it. Desert was decedent... I would go back not a large menu, but offered interesting items.

Visited April 2013