Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Amherst
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sleep Inn(Amherst)
View Hotel
All reviewslight housekeepingtwo bedroom suitefull kitchenfree laundrycomplimentary dinnersame complexbeer and winelaundry roomextended staycookieslounge areaperfect hotelhotel is locatedgreat amenitiesparking lotniagara fallsstores and restaurants
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I only stayed here for one night but it was quite enjoyable. I did not know about this chain previously; they give complimentary dinner (Tue-Thur) along with beer, wine, and soft drinks. They also have a salad and soup bar. I was hooked! My dinner consisted of stuffed peppers and it was comparable to anything you get from a casual chain restaurant. In addition, I was able to enjoy a beer in a relaxing lounge area.

My suite was great and consisted of modern furnishings and comfortable bed. Keep up the great work...I will definitely come back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you for staying at the brand new Staybridge Suites Buffalo Amherst and sharing your Five (5) Star experience on the world's largest travel review site, TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the stuffed peppers as they are on of my favorites as well.

Our brand new all suite extended stay hotel with 102 suites offers easy access to the State University of New York at Buffalo, indoor pool, hot tub, fitness center, free breakfast, outdoor grills, barbecue pit, managers reception (Tues, Wed and Thurs) featuring a complimentary light dinner, beer, wine, soft drinks and free to guest laundry facilities. In addition our suites are ideal for extended stay and Studio Suites feature King Size Beds, One bedroom suites include either two double beds or one King Bed, we also have 17 Two Bedroom/Two Full bathroom Suites which feature One King Bed and Two Double Beds. All suites also have a pull-out sleeper sofa. Our suites come with fully stocked kitchen, stainless steel appliances and dishwashers. Just bring your clothes and your toothbrush as we have everything else covered.

We are convenient to Geico Insurance, General Motors, Dupont, Dunlop, First Niagara Bank Training Center, The Chapel at Crosspoint Getzville, Walden Galleria Mall, Boulevard Mall, Kistler Instruments, Praxair, Citigroup, Johnson Controls, Ingram micro, Bank of America, Tops, Rich Products, Ralph Wilson Stadium, First Niagara Center, Coca-Cola Field, Daemen College and Medaille College.

Again, Thank You for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon.

Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We were in town for the weekend due to a family funeral and our stay was exceptional. We had booked a studio suite and upon arrival were pleasantly surprised to find we had received a complimentary upgrade to a one bedroom!!

The suite was MORE than spacious. The kitchenette was beautiful with stainless steel appliances and well stocked with supplies. Instead of a table there is more like a built in bar type countertop which I really liked. I LOVED the programmable coffee pot!! Never have I stayed someplace that had one. The rooms have 46" LG HDTV's.

The bedroom....oh the bedroom. The beds....PERFECTION!!!! Let's be honest...it's the bed that makes or breaks most stays next to how you're treated by staff/employees of the property. But this bed...if I could have stuffed it in our vehicle to take it home I would have. It was like sleeping on a firm but really soft at the same time cloud. You didn't sink in but your were enveloped but not the least bit unsupported. OMG...Heaven!!! For some reason all hotels have the little what I call "cheez it" pillows that are barely big enough for your head but I simply stuffed 2 of them in the pillow case since the cases seemed to be larger anyways. Hardly anything to take points off for.

The bathroom was your average bathroom. Sink/vanity was apart from the toilet and shower. Nice shower head with multiple jet selections and great water pressure. Only thing we didn't like is that the lights are on a timer. You can push them off but when you're standing in the shower and don't make too much movement the lights turn off on you as they did our daughter! LOL. Maybe for the toilet/shower room the timer can be extended just a bit was her suggestion. Might have been just a fluke, too.

Breakfast both mornings...AMAZING. Great spread, fresh fruits, yogurt, waffles, a meat each morning, eggs prepared differently each morning, regular and dark roast coffee, multiple juices to choose from and really friendly and attentive staff.

The pool and jacuzzi were great. Both were warm and sparkling clean. Towels were available in the pool area. We didn't use the exercise room but it had a couple of treadmills, ellpitical, weights, etc. so standard exercise equipment. There is also a laundry room with high efficiency washers and dryers that are FREE for guests to use. Bring your detergent though.

Now for the customer service....Extraordinary!! I teach a customer service seminar and I will be using my experience at each one going forward. We had trouble with the lock in our room. It was not releasing properly from the inside and our first morning we were locked IN our room for maybe 10-15 minutes tops. They worked to get us out quickly and were extremely apologetic. Because lock could not be repaired they moved us to a new room. Not only did they assist us with getting everything together and brought a luggage cart, they upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite!!! While it really was no skin off our teeth and to us it was quite comical being locked IN our room not OUT of it, they was more than compensated for that minor inconvenience.

This hotel does allow pets. We have a wonderful dog who loves everyone but not everyone loves her or any dog for that matter. So to not inconvenience other guests we always keep her in the room wherever we stay. We did note, however, that there was another guest who brought his dog into the great room/dining area during breakfast one morning, off leash. Maybe it was ok to do that but out of respect for other guests who might not like dogs, have allergies to dogs etc I was surprised. Again, I don't know if it was against policy to have it there but I'm sure it was against policy to have it off leash.

While this hotel is new, I've no doubt that it will stay well maintained and the service will remain exemplary not just because they are new and want the business but because that really is how I believe they'll do business. You won't go wrong with this Staybridge!!

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with any of the suites. They are all extremely spacious. I would imagine even a family of 5 or 6 could spread out comfortably.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Again, Thank You for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel and were very pleased. It is very new and our room was reasonably priced and most delightful. The room had a king bed, comfortable sitting area and most convenient kitchenette (which we never used). The bed linen and towels were of course very new and plentiful. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.
There was a hot breakfast buffet available and although the omelettes were questionable it was not too bad.
It is close to the highway and Maple Road which has a lot of restaurants and a shopping mall. The hotel is a long way from the down town area and Niagara Falls and I would not recommend it if you were coming to see some of the tourist sights but a good place for those doing some shopping in the area.

Room Tip: The room with the kitchenette was the same price as a standard room so if you were staying a couple of days it could be an asset.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager at Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Thank you for your business and positive review of the Staybridge Suites Buffalo Amherst.

It is always nice to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I am glad that you were able to experience one of our oversized suites. As I am sure that you will agree our suites are the size of many apartments. Although while staying in an apartment you can't experience one of our complimentary homemade belgian waffles for breakfast.

Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This hotel is beyond superb! It has everything you could ever ask for and more! We stayed 5 weeks because our family was building a home and we needed something until it was finished.
I feel so lucky that we ended up here. I have six children so we were comfortably in a two bedroom, two bathroom suite. It was spacious, clean and comfortable--truly a home away from home.
I actually missed it when we left and want to come back every year for a getaway. The staff--Shannon, Sarah, Nick, Lisa, Jenn, Tiffany, Gerry, Ken, and Moe --ALL were so FRIENDLY and accomodating with your every need. We stayed through christmas time and they made it so special for my little ones--even gave us a little tree to put our presents under!
A fabulous breakfast every morning. a delicious light dinner three nights a week with complimentary beverages, cleaning service daily, complimentary laundry service, a work-out room, an indoor pool and hot tub--what more can you possibly ask for? Oh-I almost forgot--fresh baked cookies every day at the front desk! They also have a lounge area with games, videos and books. I can't say enough about this hotel. I am not even sure if excellent is a high enough rating for it.
I absolutely LOVED this hotel and everybody and everything with it! I would highly recommend anybody to come here and stay! Believe me you will not be dissappointed!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Thank you for your Five (5) Star review of our new Staybridge Suites Buffalo Amherst.

Your kind words are sincerely appreciated and I will be sure to share them with our entire team. The best endorsement we can receive is the endorsement of our guests that have stayed with us. We strive for perfection and its nice to hear when we have succeeded.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Just returned from a 5 night stay at this hotel. The few reviews that existed (between 3-5) at the time of making my selection, led me to choosing THIS Staybridge. Location, location, location.... within the complex there is a newly opened Tavern and Mighty Tacos for persons who are walking. Closeby within 3-5 minutes of driving there is all you can ask for! From supermarkets, fast food, restaurants, shopping etc. Staff was all welcoming, accommodating, courteous and attentive. Entire hotel is well kept and it seemed cleaning was always going on. What was interesting was everyone appeared to "chip in" wherever needed. Management was mopping, sweeping, wiping, serving. Kitchen personnel helped out behind the front desk, in the laundry etc. Seemed as a strong community. We truly enjoyed our stay there. The concept of the Great Room and Den gives a feeling of comfort and home. The DVD lending library is pretty cool too! Breakfast was different every morning with items as: cheese omelets, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage patties, waffles, variety of breads/pastries, fresh and canned fruit, yogurt etc. They even had cottage cheese for the fruit! Evening social was always a pleasant surprise. Nothing was too hard or a bother for staff in the dining area. Hotel was quiet although it was the holidays and many families spent New Year's eve there. Sitting in front of the fireplace and playing traditional board games with my family created pleasant memories at the Staybridge. Not sure if all the Staybridge Suites are like this one....but I will definitely be back when next in Buffalo.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Thank you for your kind words regarding your TripAdvisor review of the newest Amherst Extended Stay Hotel, Staybridge Suites located adjacent to The State University of New York at Buffalo.

Your review is so complimentary that it reads like advertising copy and we are sincerely thankful. I will be sure to share your review with our entire team,

We appreciate your review and your business.

Thanks Again,