“Best Takeout Buffet and Supermarket”

Wegmans Market Cafe
Ranked #9 of 145 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Cafe
Buffalo, New York
“Best Takeout Buffet and Supermarket”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Wegman's has THE best takeout buffet! I stop there at least twice a week. The dim sum is to die for and I have become addicted to it (the same items at PF Changs do not begin to compare for twice the price) plus the garlic dipping sauce really sets it off. Everything is fresh and the buffet is spotless plus the store is immaculate and the employees are the best. The store is always ranked in the top 2 supermarkets in surveys and one of the best places to work and it shows in the employees. The salad bar has sooo many items and puts any other to shame. There are always 5 hot soups. There is a coffee bar, a bakery nearby and everything you could possibly want to eat. During the ice storm of a few years back where I had no power for 2+ weeks I ate here every night. I brought my computer (free wi-fi) and it was a welcome oasis from my cold dark house. There is a spacious cafe to take your purchases to eat with a microwave and free newspapers (they think of everything). If I left the area Wegman's would be one of the things I would miss the most.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Thundarr357

New York City, New York
“The subs are great"”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

The 7" subs (any type), are great. They're huge, and if you're not too hungry, can easily feed two. The 14" is ridiculous! The prepared foods at any Wegman's are restaurant quality...actually better than some restaurants!

• Visited September 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“pretty good food for a grocery store and their subs and sushi are good too”
Reviewed January 1, 2010

pretty good food for a grocery store and their subs and sushi are good too

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Santa Clarita, California
“Best Grocery Store!!”
Reviewed August 30, 2009

I love Wegmans. I think I've been to most of them in the Buffalo/Niagara region with my fav being the one on Sheridan or Alberta Dr. I usually always get a sub( lately I've switched to the cheese subs because the turkey is of low quality) which is very filling. I'm originally from NY, but now live in Ontario. I always bring back Bachman's pretzels, Temp-T cream cheese and great made in NY cheeses. The quality of Wegmans brand products is superb too. Customer service is amazing and the bakery is great too. Just a great store overall.

Buffalo, NY
“Fair Fast Food resturant”
Reviewed July 7, 2009

Wegman's Mckinley Mall, Hamburg NY. Not bad for a Food Depot resturant. However, their pizza, which was once very good, has shrunk along with the taste! Roast Beef was very good when they had prime rib! It was surely better than Eckles! However, ever since they got away from this, their RB is just about equal with Eckles but at a much lower price!!

Salad Bar is generally good. However, Wegman's does not state that their Chinese food is MSG free.

Prices are reasonable, but you can get tired of their menu!