“Great food”

Cuisines: American, Greek
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Great food and wonderful service. Went with family and friends. The food is very much home style and great options on the menu. My husband enjoys their roast beef sandwiches immensely.
Its another great gem of the area that is better than the franchise places.

There are newer reviews for Family Tree

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Can't go wrong with the classics - get Greek selections and hearty food. Great sides just like Mom used to make. Has been an Amherst staple for years... Can't get a bad meal. My husband says the hostess is hot too ha!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Having grown up in Amherst, I've visited Family Tree countless times over the years. Now that I live halfway across the world, everytime I come back to visit home, I still make it a priority!

They have a huge menu of "Greek American" dishes, it's hard to single out one inparticular, but the Roast turkey sandwich and the chicken souvlaki are always great. Breakfasts are a stand out, with giant plates of eggs, bacon, toast and corned beef hash for under $5.00!

It's one of those restaurants that has something for everybody. As for the atmosphere, it's a regular haunt of the geriatric set, but everyone knows that old people know where the good restaurants are.

I'll be back several times before I have to head back to Australia, and i'll be dreaming of that $5.00 breakfast plate!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

This is a long time restaurant near UB's city campus known for good "home style" food. My girlfriends and I go there at least 4 x a year. The menu is extensive and there are daily specials ie stuffed peppers, liver and onions--but I can't resist the chicken souvlaki! No matter how good the menu looks, I order it, knowing I will be very satisfied!!! The serving is generous with lettuce, fete cheese, onions, delicious greek salad dressing and a generous portion of their marinated chicken served with pita bread on the side. What a delicious, healthy meal!
Service is always friendly and efficient. Parking is convenient and once in a while you have to wait for a table in this big restaurant. Breakfast is served all day!

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We have been going to the Family tree for a couple of decades - probably once a week. It's always busy but because it's a large restaurant we've never had to wait long to get seated. It's a surprising restaurant because at first glance it looks like one of the many good Greek inspired eateries in the Buffalo area but the "Tree" never fails to produce excellent prepared food, generous portions and more than reasonable prices. The average eater can, for the price of one meal, take home a second meal in a doggie bag.

Beyond the value, the food is really, really good - not only the Greek fare but anything on the menu or specials board. The Lamb Shanks, Pot Roast, Soulavaki (beef and chicken) are to die for and I would challenge anyone to finish the Rubin sandwich (the best I've had in Buffalo). Notice that I haven't mentioned the breakfast fare which is also excellent.

So, yes; it's a family restaurant, but it's a place that never misses.

Been to Family Tree? Share your experiences!