“Chef Ramsey Would not be impressed with the cleanliness of this place”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #20 of 148 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Okay so its lunch time, and they seat you but provide you with a dinner menu, you ask for a lunch menu, the pricesw are lower on a lunch menu. The restaurant is not very clean, first off my salad had a hair in it, and it was not mine! When I took my knife and fork out of the napkin, the knife was covered in black grim. I was seating at a table near the window, when I looked down by the window, the entire heater was covered in food and crayons! Yuck. The manager asked me know my food was and I mentioned the knife and she paid for my lunch. As previous posted have stated this place needs a serious scrub, God knows what the kitchen look like. Nothing like the Olive Garden in Niagara Falls, which is clean and fresh.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This particular location seems to have a bad rep on Yelp!, but we tried it out because it was close to a large Target we wanted to check out. Service was good. Food is standard Olive Garden. It is pricey because they give you "Free" bread and salad. Portions are large. I think our two kids could have just shared one of the kids meals and they would have been fine. As for my wife and I, we shared the appetizer platter (Mushroom caps and calamari) and the Tour of Italy dish (lasagna, fettucini, and chicken parmesan), and we were more than stuffed.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Came here for lunch. I had been here last year and thought it was pretty good. This time we were seated on the other side of the restaurant and I thought I'd been transported to the 90's. They have these ugly chairs with rolling legs. I have never seen these at a restaurant before. I guess its good for lazy Americans who don't want to lift up their chair to move it around, but it just felt dated to me.

I wasn't into any of their soup choices, so I needed to find something else for lunch. I wanted something a little lighter so I went with a grilled chicken with some sort of citrus sauce and veggies. I was really pleasantly surprised by this dish. I unfortunately had filled up on the salad and breadsticks so I couldn't finish the whole thing but it had good flavor and I'd have never expected this dish at an Olive Garden. I would definitely order it again.

The service was friendly and personable and I would say the prices are pretty reasonable for a chain.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

This restaurant is definitely well worth visiting in every way possible... food, service and value for your money!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

It's been a while since we've eaten at the Olive Garden, 10+ years I think, but it hasn't changed much. Very predictable and consistent with the same salad and bread sticks as the last time. The pasta is good but nothing out of the ordinary. You always know what you're getting when you go to the Olive Garden, and that's a good thing.