“Excellent Food But Pricy”
Review of Siena Restaurant

Siena Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 144 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Trent Hills, Canada
“Excellent Food But Pricy”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We found this restaurant after going to the theatre and felt like an Italian meal. We were not disappointed. Extensive wine list, imaginative menu with good specials. Crab cake appetizer and calamari were very good. We opted for four different pizzas and shared. Very nice. However the meal was a little more than we expected to spend. One thing bugged us. When you spend $50 a person and the designated driver has two small sodas, don't charge $2.50 for a refill!

• Visited December 2013

lima
“Great Meal and Excellent Service”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I had dinner with business associates recently. We were seated and waited on promptly. For a Monday night they had a good number of daily specials. We started off with dinner salads. Most of us had the Chopped Salad which was greens, pears, dried cherries, gorgonzola, granola and maple/balsamic dressing. I have never had granola on a salad and I will definitely try this on my salads at home. Two people ordered the OSSO BUCO which is braised veal shank served with gremolata and risotto. It arrived and was huge. They loved the dish and brought 1/2 home. Two people had steaks from the nightly menu and thought they were great. I had the nightly special of Swordfish with a red grapefruit butter reduction with faro and asparagus. The dish was excellent. It was perfectly seared with a great crust on the fish. The acid of the grapefruit accented the fish. The faro was creamy and perfectly cooked. I also took half of meal home. Overall we had a great dinner with excellent service.

• Visited November 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Consistently good”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have been enjoying this restaurant since it opened many years back now and it continues to provide a consistently good experience. Recently I met a friend for lunch with both of us enjoying our food. This is one of the only fine restaurants in the near area open for lunch so it is frequented by business people as well as those looking for a higher quality lunch fare. The atmosphere is casual comfortable with a warm feeling no matter the weather outside.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Marsha H
Ransomville
“Not worth the price”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were disappointed with our first visit to Siena in several years. My Pork Ragout Bolognese was unpleasantly oily. In fact, the pasta wasswimming in oilness. That, the extreme saltiness and a dearh of Bolognese sauce informed the dish. Plus, it was served in a bowl so blisteringly hot that I burned my finger trying to cut the meat. Our server informed me it had "been in the oven" {???} and replated it without so much as an apology. Why did she serve it that way to beginwith?
My 's pizza companion's was too moist to pick up and was also very salty. He said, however, that the use of hot peppers was "just right' for a pleasant tingle on the back of his palate.
Also, the 3 slices of garlic bread were served without enough butter for all 3...the equivalent of one pat smeared into a tiny bowl. (Why not serve a fine olive oil for dipping, instead?)
All in all, this experience would be disappointing at half the price. We will not return.

• Visited October 2013
“Great Food and Service!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

One of my favorites! Great menu selection for both food and wine. The eggplant tower is not to be missed.

• Visited June 2013