“What a difference a waitress can make”
Review of Siena Restaurant

Siena Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 145 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have been dining at this restaurant since it opened. It's a great neighborhood place and a friendly bar. The service can be slow but usually worth the wait. The last time we were there (about a few weeks ago) we had a horrible experience with the server. She was unfriendly, very fast, and didn't wait for our questions. Lo and behold, we got the same waitress yesterday. Ughh- boy can an unpleasant waitress spoil an evening!! We ordered a Margahrita Pizza. My husband will not eat mushrooms and who puts them on a Margahrita? When it arrived with mushrooms, I told her that we didn't order mushrooms and she said that's the way it comes and she left. We know the owner and many of the staff (not her) and I didn't want to complain to him but next time we go, I will be sure to check out our waitress first. Surprise, surprise, she was friendly when she brought the bill. Sorry, she was lucky we gave her 10 per cent.

There are newer reviews for Siena Restaurant

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I visit the area often and this place serves great food. Excellent wine list also. And the olive oil is the real deal. Nice people. However,ast two times I went there, both times with my elderly parents .....and I wish had brought a movie to watch or the Sunday NYTs to read between the appetizer and the entree (and we were there at 6pm with only 3 tables seated). Worse yet the waitress did the "its coming right out" ....30 mins too early.
I think takeout/pizza orders throws the kitchen off. Just a guess. Ill try one more time.......

Reviewed May 13, 2013

A group of us went here to celebrate a special occasion on a Monday afternoon. The waiter was very attentive, knowledgeable, and did a nice job handling our diverse group. The menu included some wonderful salads and sandwiches that were well-presented and fairly priced. Highly recommended for an upscale lunch experience!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was in Buffalo on a business trip, Siena was recommeded to us by one of my colleagues who had a friend of a friend in the area. It was delicious, there was not one disatisfied person among us. The thing that struck me most though was that the dishes were not just tasty, but well thought out, the pasta used worked well with the rest of the ingredients in all cases. We also ordered a couple of pizzas as appetizers for the group and they were fantastic. I would have never purposely ordered arugula on a pizza, but someone else did, and it was great. Great food, prepared well, make it a point to eat here.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The great reviews are correct. Excellent food. Great relaxed ambiance. Good and friendly wait staff. Wood oven pizza was awesome. Had the lamb, also out of the wood oven which was great. We'll go again next time we are around Buffalo. I want to try the other great looking dishes that went by our table! ,

1  Thank Fred W